Transformers the Movie

EnderAndrew

If you watch the trailer on the official site www.transformersmovie.com, then they added a bit to the end of the trailer. Peter Cullen saying "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings". It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Wait, the movie's about freedom?

There goes all pretense of quality.

Its a classic Optimus Prime quote. Its the line that won the "Prime Speaks" contest after they disqualified "DO A BARREL ROLL" and "These pretzels are too salty"

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, seeing how as I'm an American and all, I cannot resist any movie about how truly, truly precious freedom is.

And it's going to have big ****in' robots duking it out! For liberty! I can't wait!

I bet the Decepticons are working for Al Qaeda.

Edited by Pop

Well, seeing how as I'm an American and all, I cannot resist any movie about how truly, truly precious freedom is.

And it's going to have big ****in' robots duking it out! For liberty! I can't wait!

I bet the Decepticons are working for Al Qaeda.

Well they do wipe out an airforce base in the middle east...

Devastatorsig.jpg

They keep referring to this as a teaser, so chances are we'll get a full on trailer around march with voices and such. Most of the voices haven't even been cast yet. Which is retarded because by then they'll have to dub the voices in, which is the wrong way to do voice acting.

How else would they be done?

From what little I understand, I thought it was not uncommon for actors to respeak many lines of text that they say in the movie again in a recording studio during post production. Including the live actors.

They keep referring to this as a teaser, so chances are we'll get a full on trailer around march with voices and such. Most of the voices haven't even been cast yet. Which is retarded because by then they'll have to dub the voices in, which is the wrong way to do voice acting.

From what little I understand, I thought it was not uncommon for actors to respeak many lines of text that they say in the movie again in a recording studio during post production. Including the live actors.

For cartoons and CG films like Shrek, the voices are done before the animation. Of course this doesnt preclude post prod "touch-up" work.

For cartoons and CG films like Shrek, the voices are done before the animation. Of course this doesnt preclude post prod "touch-up" work.

The purpose is probably to match lips with words. I don't believe it's that important with Transformers since, you know, robots don't have lips and all.

The purpose is probably to match lips with words. I don't believe it's that important with Transformers since, you know, robots don't have lips and all.

I suspect it's more to do with matching the animation of the characters (body language, facial expressions) with the perfomances of the voice actors. Probably less of an issue with big robots like Transformers.

Ah yes, I guess that would make sense. But wouldn't the voices still be dubbed in? I mean, James Earl Jones was dubbed in. The actual Vader actor spoke his lines (with a british accent to boot!) and just went a long with it. When they did Dragonheart, they had some chap speaking the lines off camera IIRC, and then Mr. Connery added his likeness afterwards. This isn't actually an animated film, it's live action with CG added post-production.

As for Hell Kitty and Astr0creep, I imagine it'd be to sync up body language and any type of animation. But I'd be surprised if there wasn't some stand in speaking those lines to begin with, and they could do sync work with that.

I'm also not sure how much time it would take to sync up that sort of stuff post-production. I know historically rendering is a slow process. It's possible that they could modify the syncronization with the CG as they need to for the finer detail parts.

Edited by alanschu

So Oerwinde, any news on whether they'll be any super cool 80's metal in this movie.  Because you know, that would be awesome!  :cool:

Stan Bush submitted a song for consideration for the soundtrack.

For those of you who don't know Stan Bush, he did The Touch, and Dare, two of the more prominent songs on the original movie's soundtrack. His only fans are Transformers fans.

And yeah, there are two reasons to do the dialogue beforehand. One, if you do it the right way and have all the actors in the recording session together, they can react to each other and the dialogue sounds much more natural. The other is so they can sync the animation to the voices.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=119712

And here he is, the final version of Megatron we'll be seeing in the movie. The crappy Shrapneltron pic from ages ago wasn't changed at all despite huge fan uproar! Horay! I guess that means we'll still be seeing Monkeyscream too.

Devastatorsig.jpg

And yeah, there are two reasons to do the dialogue beforehand. One, if you do it the right way and have all the actors in the recording session together, they can react to each other and the dialogue sounds much more natural. The other is so they can sync the animation to the voices.

Who's to say they don't still do that?

Is James Earl Jones' voice bad because it was dubbed in over the dude with the heavy British accent when he did Darth Vader?

Who's to say they don't still do that?

Is James Earl Jones' voice bad because it was dubbed in over the dude with the heavy British accent when he did Darth Vader?

It wasn't just any old accent. It wa a high pitched, squeaky Brum accent. They had to get rid of it for something more menacing because David Prowse's voice was comic.

Dirty deeds done cheap.

• 2 months later...

So you think you are a Transformers fan? Think again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03vCVejaEd8

Actually, I could very easily imagine Oerwinde being that yellow truck/cement blender.. thing that fell down and could barely get up again.

PS. Sorry for the necro-post.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Actually, I could very easily imagine Oerwinde being that yellow truck/cement blender.. thing that fell down and could barely get up again.

I'm 32 but if I'm ever going to walk on halloween again it will be in that Starscream costume. :woot:

Yeah, I could imagine that too. Though the last robot costume I made included a shoebox and tinfoil hung around my neck with string, and a paper bag with silver paint and clothes hanger poking out the top.

These guys are just brilliant.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Frank Welker has been replaced by Hugo Weaving as the voice of Megatron.

I looove HW but this, to me, is sad news.

Another article on the RT site says Keith David is the new voice of Barricade.

And there was little fan outcry. Not because we believe HW is a better choice than Megatron to play Megatron, but because we've come to expect Bay to **** up everything there is to **** up in this movie and generally have just stopped whining and hope one day someone will make a live action Transformers movie that respects the source material.

sigstripmu8.jpg

Keith David is Ultramegahardcore though and him being any voice in the film is awesome beyond words.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 3 months later...

I just returned from watching the movie.

I can only express it with little objectivity in the current drunken stupor mood I am in.

Its super mega <beep!> awesome! :sorcerer:

I think I can safely say majority of the die hard transformer fans would love this movie though its disappointing that the Decepticons didn't get enough screen time. Otherwise the story build up leading to the first scene of Optimus Prime makes the inner child inside me feel giddy. Surprisingly there are many funny scenes in the movie with Shia LaBeouf being notable for his improvision of making on screen jokes. Also Hugo Weaving's voice acting for Megatron won't affect much to all since he doesn't get much screentime and its being digitally altered to sound more robotic.

Safe to say, a lot of people will have a newfound love for Bumblebee in this movie.

*Goes off to buy the Bumblebee plush toy*

I don't suppose anyone has seen the robot chicken episode where the transformers geek calls them on all of their "flubbs" in the first episode (where optimus gets cancer?)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.