What company have you had a bad experience with?

Ellester

Well, he is a swede. :thumbsup:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ker-PLAM. :thumbsup:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"About the animal cruelty thing, a couple of weeks back someone super glued the eyes, ears, and the mouth of a small puppy. If I ever came across someone who did that I would have no problem taking a baseball bat to their skull."

Poetic justice is better -- super glue his eyes, ears and mouth shut. He'll learn empathy that way.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Yeah i think McDonald's is irresponsible in a lot of wya but i dont hate them or  feel any persnol malice towards them.

At a stretch the company i hate most is NTL (my ISP and cable tv provider) they have really crappy customer service.

Tobacco companies are pretty evil i guess...

NTL re fine as long as you don't get any issues ... :-"

Tabacco companies (like British American Tabacco) actually have most of their revenue generated outside their industry; have done for decades (diversified at the first sign of trouble). I guess some of the less scrupulous are still dumping third grade toxic coffin nails on the developing world, though ...

High street electrical stores seem to be traditionally dishonest. ALthough  pricewise they aint too bad nowadays and tehy have the pricematch thing. Now all they need to do is get rid fo teh moronic staff :D

It's fine as long as you don't buy the insurance plans. (I never buy insurance anyway. By the time you need to claim, you've bought the insured goods five times over, not including the opportunity cost, and they won't pay out the full amount anyway; even if they don't completely disqualify the claim on some fine print. E.g. are you covered if you have flood insurance and your roof leaks and your contents are saturated, resulting in water damage? No, you need to stipulate deluge cover. <_< )

They can't get rid of morons on the sales floor:

1. It is the first link in the chain of distributed-power for managing price-bargaining;

2. The staff cost less than the air conditioning run;

3. What would all those college drop-outs do for work?

;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

..mcjob

I wasnt thinking of the insurance although that is a scam in itself, i was referring to the uncompetitive prices of goods.

They are perfectly willing to drop their prices on certain goods but the onus is on the customer to justify it to them. Yes that is called bargaining ;) but i dont expect that at a chain store.

You don't like bouncing boobs?

In real life? Yes.

In my PS2 boxing games? NO.

But I guess you have to be finnish to appreciate the pixellated boobs wasting your precious time between rounds..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm surprised no one has said it yet, but what about Lucas Arts?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Citing hatred of lucasarts is trite

Yeah I know. Just thought I'd throw it out there ;)

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

"About the animal cruelty thing, a couple of weeks back someone super glued the eyes, ears, and the mouth of a small puppy. If I ever came across someone who did that I would have no problem taking a baseball bat to their skull."

Poetic justice is better -- super glue his eyes, ears and mouth shut. He'll learn empathy that way.

;)

Citing hatred of lucasarts is trite

Yeah I know. Just thought I'd throw it out there ;)

... And against the forum rules.

My bad

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

:geek:

Just douse the louse in petrol. Remember that the vapour is the inflammable phase, so be sure to stand well back as the liquid starts to evaporate ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Alienware screwed me badly -I forked over top dollar for one of their top of the line machines and ended up having to send it back for repairs 4 times in the first year alone.

The first time was from an over-heating problem, but the subsequent 3 times was from an unexplained crash everytime I played a game for more than a few minutes. Every time they assured me it was fixed and it wasn't until they finally gave in and replaced the whole system that a proper resolution was reached -and that was only after I threatened to make a formal complaint to the department of consumer affairs.

I must have wasted weeks of my life trying to find a solution on-line, reinstalling drivers, video cards, reformating my entire system and harrassing their help line.

Dell Computer. Top of the line machine shipped with a faulty DVDRW (the whole batch was bad, which was well documented on their own site) but their tech support now resides somewhere in Ubekiquistanski... and their only response was 'reinstall Windows'. Lord I hate that catch-all excuse, and having to explain the difference between 'hardware' and 'software' to fifteen different people who don't speak the same language. Ended up giving up (buying and installing my own replacement), even though it was a matter of principle after buying a 3-year service contract. Guess they'd rather lose a customer than replace a bit of hardware that probably cost them all of $5.

I think it's a damn shame they relocated, and have done such a bad job. I have bought twice from Dell with no problems ...until they moved their tech support. As if they weren't making enough money as it was.

Am due to buy another PC to do some proper gaming on, and was thinking of buying Alienware. Are they always that bad?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I buy the parts separatly and put em together myself, never had any problems..

well, except when my friend accidentally kicked it down a few stairsteps and the motherboard went ape and shut the CPU fan off and fried the processor a few days later ;)

But anyway, you get warranty for the individual parts so there's really no reason to buy a readymade.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I buy the parts separatly and put em together myself, never had any problems..

;)

Normally I do too, but my daughter wanted Dell because she loved the old Win98 machine she'd bought from them several years before. (I'm still using it for older games--what a sweet machine). I'm tech support :ph34r: and I've come to the conclusion this machine is evil incarnate--it hasn't beat me yet, but it takes its pound of flesh, every time. If the window was closer, it would be sitting on the front lawn many times over. She'll never buy another one.

I think it's a damn shame they relocated, and have done such a bad job. I have bought twice from Dell with no problems ...until they moved their tech support. As if they weren't making enough money as it was.

Am due to buy another PC to do some proper gaming on, and was thinking of buying Alienware. Are they always that bad?

Alienware is very expensive, but usually quite good.

I recommend self-building. If you really think you can't build your own, Ibuypower.com is supposed to be fairly cheap.

"Right now I'm playing Fight Night Round 2. Before that I've played NBA Ballers and FIFA Street."

Hmm.. That could be it. I prefer the sports games that are more sim thana ction. Perhaps, they don't take those games as seriosuly so they throw naked ladies in it to seel them. As for Fight Night and its naked women inbetween rounds... well.. isn't that how REAL boxing does it? In that case, they're being true to the sport.

I play the REAL sports games like Madden, and the like so they actually concentrate on the sport. >_<

Ha.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.