Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 1 (OBS-1)

>_<

That's not a game, that's a vocation!

To be honest, I'd rather we just did it the conventional way, with a single non-player GM, and since we'd have some new players if we started a second game (and possibly even a new GM, if Meta GMs it), I think it would make better sense to have a second standard game.  Plus, that Americas variant does strike me as particularly well balanced.

Assuming Mets is GMing, we'd have four players off the bat: Aishur, Pixies, Nartwak and  I.  That means we'd have to get three more players, picking them up either from this game or others on the forum.

Since some people might end up in two games, I hereby christen this game OBS1.  In general postal and PBEM Diplomacy, all games have a serial number because many people are involved in several games at once.  The Serial Number is placed in the header of every correspondence so that players can identify the game they are dealing with.  Should we start a second game, all correspondence will have to have those headers, particularly to the GM(s).

I'll start a new thread for this.

He he! More ways to subtly misconstrue orders, whilst ostensibly pretending to make ... er ... that sounds terrific!

How long does a game last on average: 20

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I reckon that the first variant we play should be this one.  Wouldn't it be awesome? :D

We might need a few more players, though. >_<"

That's...simply...awesome! (w00t)

As soon as we have 30 players we are so going to play that!

---

Also: I'd like to play in the second game; but if you can find new players, naturally you should give preference to them - after all how else will we get the 30 players for World War 4. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

All I can say is:

Whoa!

Dibs for teh communists!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

At the same time...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Do you think we can accelerate this slightly to, say, 1 year taking a week instead of a fortnight?

*yawns*

Well, according to my information, some people are still absorbed in Negotiation right up to the end of the turn, so no, I don't think that would be practical. It's probably just because you're Italy. Everyone wants Italy to go away in the first few years.

But if you can convince everyone to agree to a new turn length, I'll change it.

If you prefer, we could collect everyone's street addresses and lengthen the turn duration to one month like has been the tradition of the game for many a year. :-"

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Well, according to my information, some people Baley is still absorbed in Negotiation right up to the end of the turn

I knew it! That's it - time for

Order 66

!

---

But if you can convince everyone to agree to a new turn length, I'll change it.

All in favor of shortening turn length, raise your hand.

*raises hand*

manthing2.jpg

*raises hand*

hear! hear!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I agree, though it would require somehow forcing Baley to be prompt and observe scheduling. Im tired of waiting for him (whether it be in negotiations or orders).

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

One way you could fill in the time is by starting a third game. Darque wishes she'd joined our second, I think I could handle playing or GMing a second game, and once Numbers sorts out his ISP trouble he'll be available. A Week might not seem so long if you were in two games.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

All finished! Check the first post or your inboxes.

And yes, I'd quite like it if you could GM, Arch. Or anyone else playing, for that matter. The more games I play, the happier I'll be. :D

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!