Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 1 (OBS-1)

I apologize for being so close, but the power has been out after a large rain storm. Please allow me a short grace period, though I will understand if you cannot.

Edit: Sent.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Crap. Crap. Ahh, what to do.

On one hand, I'd already adjudicated the moves before you sent in your moves. Meaning, you could have had prior knowledge. On the other hand, the speed of the reply, and the moves themselves, seem to indicate you did not. ****. ****.

Okay. I'll readjudicate. I realise this might upset some, but unless you have a massive problem with it, Baley, I'll allow the moves.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I asume you will post the new map with the moved units and all in this thread, Reveilled? Or wont you do that til every phase of turn one has been completed?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I am curious about the move first...

The English Channel,I take it?

If you wish. I do not believe that Archmonarch had prior knowledge you were moving there, but I am willing to allow your move to supercede his in this readjudication because of the possibility. If you do, you will take the channel, and Arch's fleet in London will stand. If not, there will be a standoff over the channel, with both fleets remaining where they are.

It's up to you, Baley.

EDIT: Okay F Bre moves to ENG unopposed.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Don't worry Arch - if history has taught us anything then you'll win at Waterloo.

*checks map*

Let's see, there's London, Wales, Liverpool, Clyde (I mean wtf is "Clyde"?), Yorkshire and Edinburgh. Hmm - I don't seem to see a Waterloo. Uh..er..take this --> :-

*leaves quietly*

manthing2.jpg

Okay, the readjudication has been sent out and added to the first post. The fleet in London now holds, allowing Baley into ENG.

This will, however, be the last time I do this. From now on, no orders means no moves, so you'd all better send in some preliminaries throughout this week, just in case you have problems getting online

If there are any other problems, I'll be back online in a few hours.

Until then, I'll just say that the Clyde is a river that runs through my city, and that Waterloo is in Belgium, unless I'm mistaken. :-

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I suppose a smooth and flawless first turn would have been a little too much to hope for. Well, at least things now seem to have been ironed out, and hopefully things will go much better next week. Some people will have quite a bit of talking to do in the meantime. :-

So, reactions from the national presses?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Don't worry Arch - if history has taught us anything then you'll win at Waterloo.

*checks map*

Let's see, there's London, Wales, Liverpool, Clyde (I mean wtf is "Clyde"?), Yorkshire and Edinburgh.  Hmm - I don't seem to see a Waterloo. Uh..er..take this -->  :devil:

*leaves quietly*

Many a Scotsman will be irritated with your lack of respect for the great and grand Clyde shipyards, Mr Jags. (Billy Connoly started his welding career there; as you can se there were a lot of lay-offs and he went on to other things ...)

Also, you forgot 1st July, 1805 was the day Nelson defeated Napoleon's great plan to invade Britain in the battle of Trafalgar; the numerical superiority of the French and Spanish navies were no match for the tactical genius of Lord Admiral Nelson ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm going to detail here how retreats work in a postal/PBEM game.

When you send in your orders, any unit that can be dislodged should have a retreat list submitted with it.

For instance, in the case of the current map, imagine that the Army in Kiel was instead in Munich. If this was the case, a combined attack on Burgundy by the armies in Munich and Ruhr would dislodge the French army there, forcing it to retreat.

If the French player wished for his army in Burgundy to move to Belgium, he might submit the following:

A Bur-Bel (Pic, Par, Gas, Mar)

Thus, if the move to Belgium fails, and the unit is also dislodged, it will attempt to retreat to Picardie. If Picardie has been occupied, then it will retreat to Paris, and so on, down the list until a vacant province comes up. Since no unit (other than France's own) can occupy Picardie, the player can just as easily order A Bur-Bel (Pic), as there is no chance the retreat will fail. However, should the player mistakenly believe that the province they wish to retreat to is unoccupied, only list that one, and then it turns out that they misread the positions and their retreat is blocked, then the unit will be disbanded as having nowhere to retreat to.

So retreats are listed after your orders, and on the same line in notation. In longhand, it might be more easily understandable at the end of all your orders. As long as they can be understood, though, no worries, Bruce.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Agenzia Giornalistica Italia, Maggio 1, 1901

Imminent German War?

by Luigi the Chef

luigi.jpg

Growing speculation from military sources in the media indicate Lord Jaguar's troops are on the brink of a mass invasion into Germany. Prime Minister "Fat Tony" D'Amico commented on the relative naivity in Emperor Kaftan Barlast's movements. When asked about the much speculated assault on Munich, "Fat Tony" laughed it off, "It's funny becuase it's true."

Later when Lord Jaguar was available for comment he replied, "Mun-ich-what? Munch-me? Never heard of it. But certainly if there was a place called 'Munch-me', I'd naturally be obliged to munch it. More Importantly however, is the on going friendship between my beloved Italia and the sovereign nation of Austria-Hungary. My good friend Prime Minister Rimsircz has charged me with guarding our shared border from nefarious predators such as those warmongering Germans - whilst he spreads our 'philosophy and kindness' to the rest of the European peasants. Our faith and friendship is such, that not only was I entrusted to protect his vital supply station Trieste, but he also allowed me use of his land in Tyrolia to stab those bloody Ger...germs - yes, that's it! We live in the primitive 20th century where many good greaseball still die from trivial things such as germs and bacteria."

Meanwhile, media sources have still yet to confirm the alleged recently forged alliance between President Kryoxer Baley's France and Italy. France and Italy are suspected to be launching a joint strike on the German supply center of Munich towards the Fall of this year.

manthing2.jpg

Did you receive my retreat plan, or should I got back to the sheep dip?

I did, but it was unecessary, as there are no Turkish units which can be dislodged this turn. Had there been, your retreas would have been valid, even if they weren't submitted alongside your orders.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

In the eve of War

by Ludwig Rotwang, Berlin

Armies from every major power in Europe is now on the march, warfleets of heavily armed cruisers and battleships patrol every sea. It would seem that Europe is now on the the very verge of outright war. Several of the smaller nations is now seeking support from greater nations, the latest in the line is Holland whose harbours are right now being patroled by the German heavy 1st fleet. A brief comment was issued by Kaiser Barlast yesterday; "What we are seeing now in Holland is no invasion, the presence of our fleet in Dutch harbours is to ensure the continued sovereignity of the nation against marauding Brittish or French forces." On foreign troops posing threat to Germany the Emperor replied; "Any nation whose armies cross the borders of our beloved fatherland will know the full retaliatory force of our armed forces. War will be declared on any aggressor who sets their foot upon German soil."

bismarck_16_small.jpg

The war Ministry has also in the days declared that the contruction of the new superheavy class battle ship "Donnerkind" will be completed this winter. Armed with 380mm guns, she will spearhead the new fleet protecting our northern coastlines.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "