Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 1 (OBS-1)

When is the turn over? (Read: How long does Baley have to faff around?)

Read the first post! o:)

Deadline for S02: Monday, 18th July, 12:00 UTC

I am not going back through nineteen pages of banter on the off-chance that you might have mentioned the timetable past the first year.

PS Thank you.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Monday, Janurary 12th, 1902; Posted: 5:03 a.m. EDT (09:03 GMT)

Moscow, Russia (AP) - European War Impacts Russian

Tzar Ender Wiggin the Great canceled the first ever National Vodka Month, to instead offer up a National Month of Morning in the wake of war tragically breaking out across Eastern Europe.

Some of Wiggins dertractors criticized that the month ending up being much the same. The same detractors were later reported missing.

Despite the detractors, Wiggin seemed soberly sincere when he offered up the following quote.

"It is most unfortunate that the egos of a few imperialistic leaders is deemed more important than the lives of countless Europeans. Any hostility towards the people of Russia will be met with prompt and necessary force, but it is our desire to see these hostilities end soon. Sadly, in these trying times, it may be necessary for a strong and selfless leader to unite the people of Easter Europe under one peaceful banner and bring an end to the bloodshed that we currently endure."

And then the Tzar was seen wiping away his tears with a bottle of Vodka.

When is the turn over? (Read: How long does Baley have to faff around?)

Read the first post! :p

I am not going back through nineteen pages of banter on the off-chance that you might have mentioned the timetable past the first year.

Dude, I mention that I've updated the first post every time I adjudicate! :p

PS You're welcome

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Whats wrong with tomorrow?!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I wanted in this game so bad.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Actually, I don't know how to play...

I just thought it would be cool to play a game over the internet.

Maybe I will look up how to play before the next game.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

... I just thought it would be cool to play a game over the internet.

It is cool, and I have no other means of any sort of role-play / game playing with others sentient beings, so it was a Good Thing for me, too.

If we want to play ten-player, I see no problem with some sort of complex GM setup, so that we somehow double-blind set up the orders to a shared account (only two GMs get the access) and just take all the last orders filed by the deadline. Or something. Because the moves are all rule-based, there's no adjudication or discrimination required.

I don't mind being GM if we can make up the numbers.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have no other way of playing a game like this with anyone I know either. I don't want to but in on your game though. If you don't want to I could just wait for some other time.

To be honest, I'd rather we just did it the conventional way, with a single non-player GM, and since we'd have some new players if we started a second game (and possibly even a new GM, if Meta GMs it), I think it would make better sense to have a second standard game. Plus, that Americas variant does strike me as particularly well balanced.

Assuming Mets is GMing, we'd have four players off the bat: Aishur, Pixies, Nartwak and I. That means we'd have to get three more players, picking them up either from this game or others on the forum.

Since some people might end up in two games, I hereby christen this game OBS1. In general postal and PBEM Diplomacy, all games have a serial number because many people are involved in several games at once. The Serial Number is placed in the header of every correspondence so that players can identify the game they are dealing with. Should we start a second game, all correspondence will have to have those headers, particularly to the GM(s).

I'll start a new thread for this.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!