Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 1 (OBS-1)

Okay, if you really want turn length shortened, we'll do a week a year, as it's really the only change of schedule that fits me.

Thus, from Monday, Spring turns will be Tuesday-Friday, Fall turns Friday-Monday, and Winter turns Monday-Tuesday.

Three days for Spring and Fall, and just one for Winter, and one year a week. Everyone satisfied?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

*squeals and makes a funky dance*

I dig it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah,this way I might actually play some more before I go on holiday.

Anyway,when do we start using this schedule?

Wha-

Holiday? :wub: When?

Umm, we're doing it from Monday.

HOLIDAY? :lol:

As in, "I'm going away and am going to miss several turns" Holiday? :wub:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

It might be a 2 months,no internet holiday.

I have no clue at the moment,I'll try to get some more info.

Blame my parents.We'll just have to see.

Thanks form the Info.

The next year should be more interesting.

Thanks form the Info.

A 2 month long holiday, or a holiday in 2 months? An average game would be finished in about 8 weeks with this timetable. I have a felling this one might go a little faster, but if your holiday wasn't for 2 months, at least the game could probably be finished. :-

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Well that is max.

School starts in the middle of September.

Anyway,I don't think that will be the case.

I haven't left the capital that long in years.

I'll prolly find a net cafe too.

There shouldn't be any problems.

There is obviously a communication problem here. One of us isn't understanding the other, but I'm not sure who. What I'm getting here is that your trip will be two months long, as in, you will possibly not be able to get onto the internet for two months. But I don't know when this possibly two month long trip begins. So just to clear things up, could you just say again:

1. How long will your trip be?

2. When will your trip start?

I know the answer to one of them is 2 months, I just don't know which, and I don't know the answer to the other.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Yeah,this way I might actually play some more before I go on holiday.

Anyway,when do we start using this schedule?

Wha-

Holiday?  :lol:  When?

Umm, we're doing it from Monday.

HOLIDAY? :blink:

As in, "I'm going away and am going to miss several turns" Holiday?  :blink:

Thanks form the Info.

>_< Baley, when are you going on holiday?

A 2 month long holiday, or a holiday in 2 months?  An average game would be finished in about 8 weeks with this timetable.  I have a felling this one might go a little faster, but if your holiday wasn't for 2 months, at least the game could probably be finished. :ermm:

2 months is max.

I'm hoping for more like 1 week or 2,the mountains,tuica...

Maybe even an internet cafe. :)

So, a 2 month holiday, max.  When?

Well that is max.

School starts in the middle of September.

Anyway,I don't think that will be the case.

I haven't left the capital that long in years.

I'll prolly find a net cafe too.

There shouldn't be any problems.

PRICELESS.

Almost reminiscent of:

Mrs Richards: Now. I've reserved a very quiet room, with a bath and a sea view. I specifically asked for a sea view in my written confirmation, so please make sure I have it.

Manuel:

manthing2.jpg

Agenzia Giornalistica Italia, Settembre 12, 1902

A Night at the Art House

by Luigi the Chef

luigi.jpg

September 11 1902 was a night when Europe's finest and elite converged on France to join the festivites of one of First Lady Madame Baley's infamous romps. Amongst the celebrated guests were British, Russian and Italian leaders: Prime Minister Arch Regis, Tzar Wiggin the Great and King "Don" Jaguar.

This eventful night was not without its share of gloom and misfortune however, as The Mono Lisa, the famous painting by Leonardo da Vinci, was stolen from the Louvre museum. Da Vinci, from Florence, Italy - the birthplace of Lord Jaguar - painted the Mona Lisa in 1504 at the age of 52. The painting was stolen during the night and the Louvre personnel could not understand how someone could have stolen it with their extensive security system in place. Curiously, Lord Jaguar was the last known person to be seen near its vicinity.

monalisa.jpg

Leonardo Da Vinci's famous Mono Lisa

Fortunately, none of our eminent world leaders were harmed as Ender the Great, PM Arch Regis and President Baley were in another gallery viewing a painting of Adam and Eve frolicking in the Garden of Eden.

"Look at their reserve, their calm," mused Prime Minister Regis. "They must be British."

"Nonsense," President Baley disagreed. "They're naked, and so beautiful. Clearly, they are French."

"No clothes, no shelter," Tzar Wiggin pointed out, "they have only an apple to eat, and they're being told this is paradise. They are Russian."

manthing2.jpg

Washington Post - July 21st 2005

President Chastises Rove; Rove Steals Time Machine

by Jack Wilson, Washington, DC

As the CIA continues its probe on whether or not Carl Rove did in fact

violate the law and leak top secret identities to the press of CIA

agents, some critics declare the matter a formality as documents

clearly label the information top secret.

Pundits wonder whether or not Bush will replace Rove, and whether or

not Rove will face charges. For the time being however, the President

offers merely a slap on the wrist. "Stay good Carl. Don't be evil,"

the President was quoted as saying.

Allegedly Rove gave into his intelligence sharing ways again, this

time in a much more discrete manner. Rove allegedly stole the time

machine the United States "procured" from France, and travelled back

to spring of 1902 to provide classified details to the then American

administrator on the then future plans of European war.

These tactics were the clever turning points in what was at that time

rapidly escalating conflict that some predicted would mimic the

hundred year war between England, France and France yet again.

However, these strategic moves crippled several empires including one

whose leader seemed to be very tardy in issuing orders to their

military leaders.

Some of the moves were very daft cunning, such as Germany's gambit of

forcing a slatemate long enough in Belgium to convince other parties

to focus on other countries. In the end, stole Burgundy, allowing the

later crippling attack on Paris.

Russia continued their ways and betrayed Italy, while also continuing

their unprovoked attack on Turkey. England managed to steal Denmark

and tread water for another year while the Austrian empire was

official dismantled.

http://img333.imageshack.us/img333/7180/topsecret6jl.gif

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

The Adjudication might be a little late this time as I might unfortunately be otherwise occupied sometime in the next hour and a half. But if it's not there at the usual time, it'll only be an hour later maximum.

But that doesn't mean the deadline is extended. That's still in half an hour, whether I'm here or not.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

A figure appears from out of the distance. He is wearing a polished pickelhaube.

"Alright, it was me. The adjudication would have been done by now if it wasnt for a last minute change of plans on my behalf. But that was all because of a certain other players desperate, futile and very annoying plans to bust my chops"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "