X-Men 3 being systematically destroyed

EnderAndrew

Yes she was.  That one prophecy chick was her lover.  Originally they she was supposed to father one of the baby mutants with her (by morphing into a man), but that was deemed too racy for the time.

But Destiny was liek 10000 yeard old!? :o Eeewww...

but, she got it on with both Forge and Sabretooth so she was bisexual :sorcerer:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have not read any sort of X-Men related comics since the debacle that was called Onslaught.  So whats the deal with Ultimate X-men?  Is it a continuity wipe?  Colossus is a homo?  More importantly, how does my favorite X-man Banshee fit in the mix?... :sorcerer:

Marvel's Ultimate line was Marvel thinking "Ok... we have a whole bunch of great properties... with 60 years worth of continuity. This discourages new readers, lets start a separate line and restart all the flagship lines in modern day." So they started Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate X-Men, and The Ultimates, which is the Ultimate version of Avengers. They updated the origins to make more sense, such as Spider-Man being created by being bitten by a Oz(Green Goblin serum) test spider, Green Goblin being created after Norman Osborn sees the effect the spider had on Peter and testing the serum undiluted on himself. Doctor Octopus was created in that test after GG goes nuts and blows up the lab.

The Ultimates are a government superhuman team assembled to battle the recent surge in superpowered criminals and alien threats, they are under the command of Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. Hulk was a result of Bruce Banner attempting to recreate the super soldier serum that created Captain America.

Ultimate X-Men is my favorite of the bunch. Its a tad darker and more overtly political than the standard X-men titles. Colossus isn't really gay, I just think that idea got picked up from one issue where he gets all upset because he didn't get to try out the fastball special, I think crushing Proteus with a car makes up for that though. Cyclops is a way more interesting character than he was in the old continuity too. I don't think I've seen Banshee in it yet.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ooooh, I did not know that. I get so confused by all tehse different thingies, I bought an issue of Xmen the other moht and I didnt understand anything. It seemed like they had rebooted that one too

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Thanks for the info, Oerwinde. I guess I read somewhere that Wolverine is actually tall this time around. Did they make him not Canadian as well?

And I read on another site today that Nick Stahl from the HBO series Carnivale (shameless plug it was pretty much a unique show) and that little T3 movie has been cast as Angel for the upcoming X3 movie... o:)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=3254

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Thanks for the info, Oerwinde.  I guess I read somewhere that Wolverine is actually tall this time around.  Did they make him not Canadian as well?

And I read on another site today that Nick Stahl from the HBO series Carnivale (shameless plug it was pretty much a unique show) and that little T3 movie has been cast as Angel for the upcoming X3 movie... :-

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=3254

I think Nick Stahl is a bit wooden for Angel, personally.

He was stoic in Sin City. He didn't display a whole lot emotion. Angel, especially how he is written in X-3 will be the emotional anchor for the film. Can Stahl do that? I dunno.

Apparently Pyro has been resigned as well.

This just in!

Marvel Studios CEO Avi Arad spoke with Zap2it about X-Men 3, wherein he defended the choice of Brett Ratner to direct the sequel. Ratner, a last-minute replacement for Matthew Vaughn, has been met with heavy criticism from fanboys in certain quarters of the Internet.

IGN FilmForce readers have sent plenty of feedback on the choice, almost all of it negative. So what does Arad think of Ratner's critics?

"Idiots." He actually said it twice just to be clear.

Although Arad can't find positive words for "Money Talks" or "After the Sunset," he's certainly effusive about his new employee. Fans, though, aren't as certain. Although few details from the sequel have come forth since Ratner's introduction, rumors of the addition of a new hooker mutant who may or may not be little-used character Stacy X have produced reactions from confusion -- several new characters including Beast and Juggernaut already need to be introduced -- to general disgust. Arad won't confirm or deny any specific changes, but he says that Ratner has, indeed, already left his fingerprints all over the script, originally written by Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg.

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,...--26229,00.html

So what does Arad think of Ratner's critics?

"Idiots." He actually said it twice just to be clear.

Although Arad can't find positive words for "Money Talks" or "After the Sunset,"

....Any comments I make would just not compare to the hilarity of those two bits.

He also said fans rip on Bryan Singer the same way Ratner is getting ripped on. Last time I checked, fans seem to love directors like Raimi, Nolan and Singer, while hating directors like Schumacher and Ratner.

People are extremely positive about Superman's development simply because of the involvement of Singer.

Marvel and Fox are the one's acting like idiots. I'm not paying to see X-3.

Ive been reading a lot of Ultimate X-men and although it doesnt feel as cool as when I started reading the original X-men its nice to have a clear playing field. But its mixed blessings, theyve made Storm totally hawt but Jean is out.

and worst of all;

they killed off Psylocke before she could even get started. WHY!?!?!

:'(

There was a very brief period I decided to get into comics. The entire X-Men/Marvel universe was affected Apocalypse (if I recall) went into the past and killed Xavier before his school for mutants was ever created. Magneto became a major power, and the war between mutants and humans was significantly worse.

All of their comic lines that acknowledged the whole mutant line (Excalibur, Mutant X, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, etc) all suddenly changed to an entirely new universe. I saw it as the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a darker, more oppressive storyline.

I really enjoyed it, but at some point in time, suddenly someone realized that their universe shouldn't exist and so they uninvented their timeline by stopping Apocalypse from going into the past.

Any storyarch that revolves around a group of people trying to uninvent their existance bothers me. Most theories on quantum physics suggests the existance of multiple timelines simultaneously. At the point Xavier was killed, the main universe didn't cease to exist, but rather a branch universe was created.

Destroying said universe and ending countless existances pointlessly is not cool in my book, and a weak plot device.

Plus it was weak for Marvel to suddenly pretend every comic they did for a year didn't exist as they want back to the old status quo.

I haven't bought a single Marvel comic book since, and only read a few Star Wars comics.

I stopped reading Marvel somewhere around when Logan got his humanity back after the Genesis-incident. They started changing some of our finnish mags to Ultimate content instead of Uncanny and Spectacular and Amazing, that was the last drop for me. And those mags cost a lot too.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think its impossible to keep a single continuity alive and un-clogged from more than 10 years, I think all comics should do a proper reboot now and then.

I picked up an issue of Uncanny X-men and I didnt understand a damn thing.

Ive been reading a lot of Ultimate X-men and although it doesnt feel as cool as when I started reading the original X-men its nice to have a clear playing field. But its mixed blessings, theyve made Storm totally hawt but Jean is out.

and worst of all;

they killed off Psylocke before she could even get started. WHY!?!?!

:'(

In a later issue you find out Besty Braddock's conciousness ended up in a chinese/korean/whatever girl named Kwannon, which is what happened in the original continuity too. Now what really is worst of all is they kill Beast.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Both good and bad news ;):-

I liked that he wasnt blue, they had to ruin that. And then they kill him?! Outrageous, even though he was never a favorite in the original

Both good and bad news :):lol:

I liked that he wasnt blue, they had to ruin that. And then they kill him?! Outrageous, even though he was never a favorite in the original

He wasn't blue in the original comics either. The blue fur was a failed experiment to reverse his mutation. Though I like how they handled the blue fur in Ultimate. How they use that drug to save his life that turns his hair blue, instead of the experimentation that makes him grow fur doing it. I like the idea that he would have had black fur if it hadn't been for the drug.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Will Mystique turn up later, or is she cut from the Ultimate continuity? I could imagine theyd do that since she got herself a solo comic and all.

Actually the reason he became Beastlike in the Ultimates is because of Weapon X. I think people would like Astonishing better than Ultimate simply because it has some very funny lines.

Cyclops while dying: "Jean, Did you at least like the costumes"

you see him wearing an amagamation of every single costume he's ever had, a badolier and a tu tu.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Xavier had a cat called Mystique in the early issues. Its was dark blue and had a mark in the shape of a yellow diamond on its head.

In other news: Mystique lost out to Sue Storm who will now be facing Emma Frost in the quarter finals of... The Battle of The Babes.

The other 3 matches:

Jean Grey v Fairchild

Poison Ivy v Lara Croft

Lady Death v Rogue

Xavier had a cat called Mystique in the early issues. Its was dark blue and had a mark in the shape of a yellow diamond on its head.

In other news: Mystique lost out to Sue Storm who will now be facing Emma Frost in the quarter finals of... The Battle of The Babes.

The other 3 matches:

Jean Grey v Fairchild

Poison Ivy v Lara Croft

Lady Death v Rogue

Looks like some hardcore fans are still duking it out ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT