Malak VS Kriea

2. The reward for a skilled player who completes side quests is to make the game easier!  The game essentially scales DOWN in difficulty when a skilled player plays.

Yep thats been my experience too, seems a bit backwards dosnt it. After all it's the people who cant do the bonus' who need the help.

But isn't that the purpose of doing sidequests? To get some sweet weapon or gain experience precisely to become stronger? I mean I didn't have to do that colored light ring puzzle in Naga Sadow's tomb, but I always did so I could give that blade to Canderous or the Wookiee.

And on topic: Malak was tougher. Like D Murda, it was my first RPG, so my first character's stats were cringeworthy, but even on replay of the boss battle Malak is tougher. I also like how it was artificially drawn out; it adds to the epic feel of that particular battle. A bigger area is also key to setting the stage for a great fight - when I first stepped onto the bridge of Nihilus' ship I was awestruck and ready for an fantastic battle.

<_<

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Malak was weak in comparison to Kreia-Round1 IMO

Kreia-RoundII however was more difficult cuz you could actually defend yourself against Malak's saber.

Donno if it's just for me (a bug?) but I never seem to have dodged/defended against a single attack of one of Traya's sabers.

Ok if you got a high CON or DEX you can beat Kreia easily or at least that's how Kreia was not even half an equal to my LS Consular/Master.

BTW if some of you don't like the difficulties of some characters there's always KTool for that :-

I made Nihil stronger, Sion's got a great CON and more force resistance, the Masters have less STR but more hp which makes these fights longer.

Not like when I played DS and fought Zez-Kai-Ell in Rebuilt Enclave -> he fell after one Flurry, and Kavar took me 50%VP with a power strike while I could beat him with two Force Kills.

Malak was harder than Kreia. It took me many hours to beat Malak, maybe because Kotor was a new genre of game for me, I usually play FPS's. But the battle against Malak was more epic, Revan vs. Malak. Fighting Kriea was fun but easy. I liked using that Force mind power to turn one of her sabers against the others. But it was less epic for me.

really,i only used power attack,not upgraded mind you,to beat him and it only took me 5min. :-

yeah. For me fighting Malak was easier only when I sucked the life out of the tanks myself...

But then at least it didn't become extremely difficult at the fin al battle. The hundreds of dark jedi and troopers stormimng tour way wasn't exactly easy, especially after you fight a couple of stupid rakatan and their rancors...

and then Kreia- the jedi in academy were a joke; others were a little hard, but I'd always kill them with two force storms.

Then Sion was the biggest joke of the year

and then Kreia-- whoa! I can't hit her at all and she's resisted to my force powers and as soon as my force immunity runs out, she poisons me, stuns me, and finishes me off...

yeah. For me fighting Malak was easier only when I sucked the life out of the tanks myself...

But then at least it didn't become extremely difficult at the  fin al battle. The hundreds of dark jedi and troopers stormimng tour way wasn't exactly easy, especially after you fight a couple of stupid  rakatan and their rancors...

and then Kreia- the jedi in academy were a joke; others were a little hard, but I'd always kill them  with two force storms.

Then Sion was the biggest joke of the year

and then Kreia-- whoa! I can't hit her at all and she's resisted to my force powers and as soon as my force immunity runs out, she poisons me, stuns me, and finishes me off...

have to agree with you on that one zeroFantasy,i got killed four times before i got to malak. <_<

I personally found Darth Sion harder than Darth Treya.

It didn't help that he had no definate health bar, so you never know how long he's got left and how many more times he's gonna get back up :devil:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Malak was easy. LS or DS, i always reserved a spot for drain life. I'd let him suck up his first victim, then I'd beat on him for abit then I'd run around and drain the life from all of the other Jedi. Baddaboom, Malak is powerless. :devil:

Kreia was harder because of those damn lightsabers the first time I played the game through.

The think about Malak was that the game totally punished you for having a balanced character, where as in K2 it didn't matter, even if you tried to build a horrible character, you'd probaly still come away as a bad ass

That was my problem. I always played KotOR 1 LS (couldn't take it seriously DS) and always try to fight my way though the enemies, leaving force powers to when I am forced to use them. I get a better "Star Wars" vibe that way. Of course, this means that I get creamed by Malak, force-jumping all over the place...

Actually it was usually muffin soft, but there was a few rock hard moments like when those Dark Jedi and Sith monkeys in the Trayus academy would gain up on you  <_<

Two words: Force confusion. Stand back and place your bets...

Malak was harder than Kreia. It took me many hours to beat Malak, maybe because Kotor was a new genre of game for me, I usually play FPS's

My first RPG, too. Followed by VTM: Bloodlines and KotOR 2 - sadly flawed works of genius, both of them. No regrets for parting with the cash, though...

Malak was weak in comparison to Kreia-Round1 IMO

Kreia-RoundII however was more difficult cuz you could actually defend yourself against Malak's saber.

Donno if it's just for me (a bug?) but I never seem to have dodged/defended against a single attack of one of Traya's sabers.

If you give the sabers the run-around, you can separate them. Fighting them one-on-one isn't anywhere near so difficult...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Actually it was usually muffin soft, but there was a few rock hard moments like when those Dark Jedi and Sith monkeys in the Trayus academy would gain up on you  <_<

I think I just force waved my way through that part.

Rock hard to me is a boss fight that can last upwards of 5 hours :)

I mean if you don't know what you're doing, I did, but it took my sister five hours to get through Trayus, she hadn't gotten force-wave and without that its a pain to get through, not impossible but defiantly a pain <_<

It is? I had force wave, but never used it in the Trayus Academy. Just force stormed my way through the entire level.

It is? I had force wave, but never used it in the Trayus Academy. Just force stormed my way through the entire level.

Waves a bit obsolete if you have force storm. Wave is for LS(if you dont want to take crossover powers) and armoured Jedi.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I have tried fighting both of them as a straight cousiler and I gotta say that Malak is much stronger  :p

Only because he cheats his arse off.

They key to killing Malak lies not in the Force or lightsabers, but instead in thermal denators and grenades. And even with them, I still found him hard. Kreia on the other hand...WTF. All I did was use Force immunity and then wooped her old ass.

I think I just force waved my way through that part.

Rock hard to me is a boss fight that can last upwards of 5 hours :rolleyes:

I mean if you don't know what you're doing, I did, but it took my sister five hours to get through Trayus, she hadn't gotten force-wave and without that its a pain to get through, not impossible but defiantly a pain <_<

Let me make this perfactly clear: I Don't Play DS And My Sister Dosen't Either I Try To Refrain From DS Power's Because As Yoda Say's: 'No not stronger, faster easier to learn,' the LS Powers are strong Enough :cool:

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Let me make this perfactly clear: I Don't Play DS And My Sister Dosen't Either I Try To Refrain From DS Power's Because As Yoda Say's: 'No not stronger, faster easier to learn,' the LS Powers are strong Enough  :cool:

Eh, you're kind of preaching to the choir, as I much prefer LS. I only went DS to get the full game experience.

Let me make this perfactly clear: I Don't Play DS And My Sister Dosen't Either I Try To Refrain From DS Power's Because As Yoda Say's: 'No not stronger, faster easier to learn,' the LS Powers are strong Enough  :cool:

Eh, you're kind of preaching to the choir, as I much prefer LS. I only went DS to get the full game experience.

Sorry dudes :">

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Waves a bit obsolete if you have force storm. Wave is for LS(if you dont want to take crossover powers) and armoured Jedi.

The big advantage of FW is that all affected enemies don't melee attack you for three rounds: 1st round they're thrown away, 2nd round they're stunned, 3rd round they're running to you. When using FS, you may take a lot of damage if your defense is low.

FW is the way to go when attacking the three lightsabers of Kreia!

Kreia was much harder to me than Malak ever was. And when I fought Kreia, my lightsaber maxed out at 65 damage, I had a very strong force pool, which never drained out on me once after the countless Force Whirlwinds and Storms. She hit me for atleast 100 damage each time with the lightsaber. Even when I critted without master I did atleast 140, and it still took me a lot of life supports and tactics to kill her.

If Kreia met Malak in battle, Kreia would own his nooby ass.

Kreia was much harder to me than Malak ever was.  And when I fought Kreia, my lightsaber maxed out at 65 damage, I had a very strong force pool, which never drained out on me once after the countless Force Whirlwinds and Storms.  She hit me for atleast 100 damage each time with the lightsaber.  Even when I critted without master I did atleast 140, and it still took me a lot of life supports and tactics to kill her.

Oh of course. Storywise Kreia could zap Malak like she did the 3 jedi masters and walking up to Malak and clicking him would pop up a message that says "the Sith seems lifeless" ;)

PS Funny thing is - Nihilus could beat anyone - even Kreia though the Exile owned him cuz he got a special feat 'wound in the force' :D even after he got owned by Mira with a paralyzing dart from the back (DS)

I disagree. Malak probably would have killed Kreia. You have to understand that Kreia was like Palpatine, she wasn't powerful because of her saber techniques and what not but because of powers of manipulation. When she was unable to hold Sion and Nihilus under her thumb look what happened to her.

Oh of course. Storywise Kreia could zap Malak like she did the 3 jedi masters and walking up to Malak and clicking him would pop up a message that says "the Sith seems lifeless" :)

If the Jedi Masters weren't scared of living without the force she would not have been able to do that to them. I don't know if Malak held on to the force so dearly but if he did then Kreia's trick to make people see the force "through the eyes of the Exile" would have gotten him too.