Malak VS Kriea

I have tried fighting both of them as a straight cousiler and I gotta say that Malak is much stronger :blink:

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

They both cheat - check Kreia's wisdom modifier during that final battle.

But I much prefer fighting Kreia: sudden and severe increases in difficulty - like fighting Malak - are a sign of poor game design. To do it in the final battle just smacks of trying to prevent the player from finishing the game. Were Bioware afraid the game didn't have enough replay value?

I have always felt that if you are capable of getting to the end of a game you should be able to complete it. When the game tries to stop you I stop playing.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

"But I much prefer fighting Kreia: sudden and severe increases in difficulty - like fighting Malak - are a sign of poor game design."

As a Mega Man X fan, I might just barely have to disagree, but I digress...

Malak was hard/significantly less easy than the rest of KOTOR1? News to me.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

But I much prefer fighting Kreia: sudden and severe increases in difficulty - like fighting Malak - are a sign of poor game design. To do it in the final battle just smacks of trying to prevent the player from finishing the game. Were Bioware afraid the game didn't have enough replay value?

I have always felt that if you are capable of getting to the end of a game you should be able to complete it. When the game tries to stop you I stop playing.

Thats not cheating per se, it could be explained away as her connection to the planet boosting her power. Plus you wont find that out without cheating yourself which means it has no actual impact on the credibility of the battle.

Where as Malak is obviously cheating. You hit him and when he's in danger of dying he becomes immortal which just kills the credibility of the game dead. Cant saber him in the back as he runs for the tanks because he can only be hurt when the designers want him hurt.

I agree mainly because I didnt have a power that could bust the tanks, although standing around the corner and smacking him each time he came around did the trick even if it lacked movie style.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

See, what I did is I NEVER upgraded Kreia. Not once. I always used someone else to fight. I only talked to her. I don't think it really made the last battle any easier, but in my mind it did. :ph34r:

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Thats not cheating per se, it could be explained away as her connection to the planet boosting her power. Plus you wont find that out without cheating yourself which means it has no actual impact on the credibility of the battle.

Where as Malak is obviously cheating. You hit him and when he's in danger of dying he becomes immortal which just kills the credibility of the game dead. Cant saber him in the back as he runs for the tanks because he can only be hurt when the designers want him hurt.

I agree mainly because I didnt have a power that could bust the tanks, although standing around the corner and smacking him each time he came around did the trick even if it lacked movie style.

Well actually his boost in power does make sense what with the DS bost from the Star Forge <_<

Number 1: You can destroy the tanks before he can recharge by using the Droid Destroy power.

Number 2: (LS) If you have force wave and a steady supply of grenades he is a scinch :(

Or Number 3: (DS) Shock him! Shock him Good :(

But if you try to run head-long into the fight just using you're saber instead of your wits you are DEAD :'(

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

Both were too easy, in fact the entire games were. And poorly balanced, it got easier the further in the game you got, instead of the opposite.

Actually it was usually muffin soft, but there was a few rock hard moments like when those Dark Jedi and Sith monkeys in the Trayus academy would gain up on you <_<

Actually it was usually muffin soft, but there was a few rock hard moments like when those Dark Jedi and Sith monkeys in the Trayus academy would gain up on you  <_<

I think I just force waved my way through that part.

Rock hard to me is a boss fight that can last upwards of 5 hours :lol:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Actually it was usually muffin soft, but there was a few rock hard moments like when those Dark Jedi and Sith monkeys in the Trayus academy would gain up on you  <_<

I mean if you don't know what you're doing, I did, but it took my sister five hours to get through Trayus, she hadn't gotten force-wave and without that its a pain to get through, not impossible but defiantly a pain <_<

Hmm Kotor was generally hard when on normal. Of course it's easy when you're on easy lmao.

Though Kotor 2 I have been playing every game on hard (Normal for unlocking doors) and the only time I come close to dying is the Czerka base on Telos

I've always played both game on hard, and some force powers makes them to easy. Especially heal, which makes you practically invincible. And don't tell me to stop using it, because I can't resist :D

I mean if you don't know what you're doing, I did, but it took my sister five hours to get through Trayus, she hadn't gotten force-wave and without that its a pain to get through, not impossible but defiantly a pain <_<

It took me about 10 minutes to melee my way through to Sion. :ermm: Less time if I have the third Force Lightning power.

Malak was alot harder, but neither was difficult.

The think about Malak was that the game totally punished you for having a balanced character, where as in K2 it didn't matter, even if you tried to build a horrible character, you'd probaly still come away as a bad ass

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Both were too easy, in fact the entire games were. And poorly balanced, it got easier the further in the game you got, instead of the opposite.

A common fault in RPGs.

Yeah, this really bugs me too. It seems to me that the reason this always seems to happen is because:

1. Later in the game, you have more options (more abilities), so it is easier to find a workaround to anything that would be difficult.

2. The reward for a skilled player who completes side quests is to make the game easier! The game essentially scales DOWN in difficulty when a skilled player plays.

If I had it my way, completing sidequests and optional tasks would make the game harder, instead rewarding the player with either more storyline, hidden areas, or unlockables. Eh, I don't know if that would really work, though.

I thought Kreia was harder than Malak, but maybe that was because I was auto-levelling my character all game in KotOR2 in a vain attempt to make the game more difficult.

To line number 2, I gotta say; Exactly

A common fault in RPGs.

Yeah, this really bugs me too. It seems to me that the reason this always seems to happen is because:

1. Later in the game, you have more options (more abilities), so it is easier to find a workaround to anything that would be difficult.

2. The reward for a skilled player who completes side quests is to make the game easier! The game essentially scales DOWN in difficulty when a skilled player plays.

If I had it my way, completing sidequests and optional tasks would make the game harder, instead rewarding the player with either more storyline, hidden areas, or unlockables. Eh, I don't know if that would really work, though.

I thought Kreia was harder than Malak, but maybe that was because I was auto-levelling my character all game in KotOR2 in a vain attempt to make the game more difficult.

it couldnt then the final boss would be so powerful that you couldnt beat it. :rolleyes:

2. The reward for a skilled player who completes side quests is to make the game easier!  The game essentially scales DOWN in difficulty when a skilled player plays.

Yep thats been my experience too, seems a bit backwards dosnt it. After all it's the people who cant do the bonus' who need the help.

478327[/snapback]

Malak was harder than Kreia. It took me many hours to beat Malak, maybe because Kotor was a new genre of game for me, I usually play FPS's. But the battle against Malak was more epic, Revan vs. Malak. Fighting Kriea was fun but easy. I liked using that Force mind power to turn one of her sabers against the others. But it was less epic for me.