A remnant of Kotor 1...

Ok.

So, I'm at my local Gamestop and I'm leafing through one of the remaining KOTOR2 strategy guides just to see what it has.

I've already finished the game multiple times, I just wanted to see if I was missing out on anything.

I noticed in the list of findable items that Malak's lightsaber was a possible find somewhere.

Like I said, I've played the game multiple times, yet I've never come across Malak's saber, and I was wondering if anybody had.

It would be a moot point to ask where due to the radom item generator...in fact, I probably just answered my own question.

Although, if someone HAS found it, a little bit of "Dude! It friggin' ROCKS!" would be appreciated.

Malak's robes are the best of the Jal Shey/Zeison Sha type robes, and are dark side specific.  Malak's lightsaber, IIRC, deals 2-16 energy damage and is not upgradeable.

So like Fredon Nadd's then. Or a bulk-standard normal one, except it is special: "Special" in that it is not upgradeable. Way to go guys, that'll make me wanna play again and again! :p

(Yet another good concept gone to waste ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Surely you jest... :p

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Well, I just tried to spawn one in KotOR 2 to double check (code should be giveitem g_lghtsbr_06) and it gives a blank item, so they pulled it, and the info I gave was for KotOR 1. However, I did find Visas' saber (giveitem w_ls_x01) which is 4-22 +1 attack and non-upgradeable.

Edit: oh, duh, and useable by Visas only.

I have found NOTHING spectacular that I hear is in the game, no robes apart from the norm, no armor apart from the norm NOTHING!, which I really didn't like. I mean the damn things would have to make me a god and change the whole story to what I want it to be, to justify such waits for items.... Damn the radom item generator <_< At least a couple of places where things always turn up would at least be bearable.

I mean I know its the luck of the draw, but has anyone else noticed, if you get one thing.......You sometimes end up getting it another twenty times in the SAME game! But then never in the next.....WTF! Is that random?!

I have found NOTHING spectacular that I hear is in the game, no robes apart from the norm, no armor apart from the norm NOTHING!, which I really didn't like. I mean the damn things would have to make me a god and change the whole story to what I want it to be, to justify such waits for items.... Damn the radom item generator <_< At least a couple of places where things always turn up would at least be bearable.

I mean I know its the luck of the draw, but has anyone else noticed, if you get one thing.......You sometimes end up getting it another twenty times in the SAME game! But then never in the next.....WTF! Is that random?!

Random is impossible to achieve with a computer. The best that can be done is to use more and more varied "seed engines", so the nanosecond counter at the time the random function was called, plus the modulus of amount of video memory in the cache, minus the parity of the register that holds the return address for the calling subroutine ... etc. I'm making these references up, of course, but the point is you have to have loads of different stacks to pull your random numbers from, so that if you call the randomizer often it will have lots of different starting values from which to select the "pseudo-random" number.

Yes, I have found multiple "Circlets of Saresh" in one game (six I think) and a couple of Fredon Nadd lightsabres, etc.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Malak's lightsaber is in the game...you just have to be level 50 to attain it. 

And yes, it is the ULTRA pimp.  :D

Then perhaps it depneds on your level when it spawns, in which case a level 50 item should be pretty impressive. Do you have a clue as to the stats for it (roughly)?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm leafing through one of the remaining KOTOR2 strategy guides

I've heard that a lot of strategy guides were printed before the game was finished, and a lot of items/quests didn't make the final cut of the game. Perhaps this is true of Malak's lightsaber?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The 1st time I played the game I think I've found Revan's Robes (DS only I guess), can anyone confirm this? And for shure the "head-thingy" of Saresh (KotOR1 remember?), for my LS Jedi Master.

I am that who grips the heart in fright

Hearkens night and silences the light...

revan's robes? havent found them before!

but i have found stuff like bindo's band, malaks armor, jolee's robes, and the vao armband

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

revan's robes? havent found them before!

but i have found stuff like bindo's band, malaks armor, jolee's robes, and the vao armband

Vao's armband? I found Nomi's with Greeda (?spelling), and although the name sounds familar, I still can't quite remember who that was... Anybody?

Don't forget Onasi's blaster!

Cloris