jedi council

This is one instance where it doesn't matter what you do, who you were before you got there, or what you say to whom and even what you do after.

It is a mandatory (poorly scripted) plot point. It has nothing to do with your solution to the trial with Kreia in the Korriban cave, nor your conversation with Atton about the Jedi Council when you leave Peragus II.

It is a meaningless cut-scene that magically transports you into the final section of the game. (Don't worry, there is still a fair bit of gaming left.)

I hated it.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

And that is what confuse me about the role play in this game... :thumbsup:

Clearly you are NOT trying to be a Jedi again... you are exile.. and Jedi not longer.. in the other hand... you are a good person that helped the republic in the war and refused to follow Revan into the dark side...

BUT... even that you can't be a Jedi again.. you keep trying to help the republic against the Sith by trying to get the FEW Jedi together on Daantoine... but.. this few Jedi's are not interested in helping the republic.. there only guest is to destroy you, because you follow Revan in the war against the Mandalorians... even that you never followed Revan into the darkside....

If you kill the Jedi's that makes you a bad person.. because the republic need the Jedi help.. but if you don't kill then.. that makes you a bad person to... because that old manipulating woman will kill then to protect you....

To me all that makes the role play VERY confusing... even if you try to be the hero.. YOU will never be.. ether way you try, your actions are destructive.. ether for your self or people around you.... :lol:

BUT... even that you can't be a Jedi again.. you keep trying to help the republic against the Sith by trying to get the FEW Jedi together on Daantoine... but.. this few Jedi's are not interested in helping the republic.. there only guest is to destroy you, because you follow Revan in the war against the Mandalorians... even that you never followed Revan into the darkside....

It was confusing. I played TSL first, and then bought the first one just to find out what the whole Revan thing was about. *sigh* Then I was more confused! Revan goes dark side, kills millions, destroys entire civilizations, and because of a knock to her head she gets a chance at redemption. The Exile, on the other hand, never did follow Revan to the dark side, leads to save people, and makes one bad call: the Mass Shadow generator, in the hope of saving more lives by ending the war quickly (WWII, anyone?) -- but no, the Council won't hear of taking her back, because she's been metaphysically wounded by the war?!?

I know, I know, the Council hoped to use Revan as some sort of psychic sleeper agent, and the Exile could have been more of a threat than a help -- but Kavar was right: only in understanding what had happened could the same have been prevented later.

Of course, if the Council was really smart, these stories would all be 10 minute (or less) shorts. I guess it's like complaining that horror stories are always populated with stupid characters -- there was a Saturday Night Live bit that had a horror movie set up with smart characters, and it lasted about three minutes!

Cloris

Seeing Kavar being killed hurt me the most.... :)

Greetings,

Saraya

Thats because he was the only one who wasn't a complete knob. I had hoped Vrook had died in the first game.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Seeing Kavar being killed hurt me the most.... >_<

Greetings,

Saraya

Thats because he was the only one who wasn't a complete knob. I had hoped Vrook had died in the first game.

Zez-Kai-Ell was also decent. If you take the light side, and don't kill him when you see him on Nar Shaada, he'll flat-out tell you that you were right in what you did, and that he left the Jedi Order the day they exiled you.

Zez-Kai-Ell was also decent.  If you take the light side, and don't kill him when you see him on Nar Shaada, he'll flat-out tell you that you were right in what you did, and that he left the Jedi Order the day they exiled you.

I thought that was cool. By the end, you expect Vrook to be judgemental jerk, but it really felt like Zez-Kai-Ell and Vandar were turning and stabbing you in the back at the Enclave, if you played it LS. That ticked me off, but then I was impressed that it was written well enough that I was ticked off!

Cloris

Zez-Kai-Ell was also decent.

He reminds me of a member from some 70s rock band, but I can't remember who...

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

The final Danttoine sequence embodies the fall of the game. The intial portions are decent and semi-emotional, but it soon becmes rather peculair and contorted, Kavar and Zez-kie-whatever agreed with your decision and had some compunction about exiling you, so why do they jus automatically side with Vrook, especially if you've been utterly LS for the entire game?

You know, I wondered that as well.

I guess Vrook manages to convince them that it is in fact for the better... *shrug*

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

You know, I wondered that as well.

I guess Vrook manages to convince them that it is in fact for the better... *shrug*

Naw, it's just clumsy. The phrase "first draft" comes to mind. There needed to be a lot here: I didn't like the limited dialogue options, I certainly hated the fact that no matter what I said or did the result was the same, and I was more than a little disapointed that no other character defining parts of the game (e.g. discussion with Atton upon leaving Pergasus; discussion with Atris; resolution of the dilemma at the Korriban cave; not to mention every conversation with the Jedi Masters).

It just wsa totally vapid. >_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

i'm sure zke's voice was jolee...

According to IMDB, Jolee was voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson, and he doesn't appear to be on the credits at all for TSL. I had a great time looking at the credits and seeing where I had heard these actors before...

Cloris

i'm sure zke's voice was jolee...

According to IMDB, Jolee was voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson, and he doesn't appear to be on the credits at all for TSL. I had a great time looking at the credits and seeing where I had heard these actors before...

Anyone remotely famous? Any latex-wearers? :rolleyes:"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

People may not like the scripting, saying they wanted choice, but in the end, there are times even in real life, where we dont really have the choice. Come what may, in the game as in life we aren't all powerful no matter how much it seems so, and some things happen beyond our control. So however sloppy the ending for TSL was, for me, some forced decisions are Instrumental to the immersion in the game.

Anyone remotely famous? Any latex-wearers?  :)"

Well, there's Kelly Hu (Visas), and I don't think she wore latex in X2, she was still pretty hot. And of course, there's Nikky Kat (Atton), who was in Boiler Room and more recently, Sin City. Ed Asner was a given, to be sure. Raphael Sbarge (Carth) I remember from Introducing Dorothy Dandridge -- the character was a racist so-and-so. He was also in SW: Republic Commando. Kristoffer Tabori (HK47 -50) was all over 70s and 80s TV. Daran Norris (GOTO) is Cosmo & the Dad in "Fairly Odd Parents", while Grey DeLisle (Handmaiden) is Vicky in the same series. DeLisle is also Emily Elizabeth in "Clifford the Big Red Dog." She and Norris are all over the place with VO work. So is Tom Kane (Vandar) -- I just knew that I knew that voice! Jennifer Hale (Bastilla) is another VO wonder, notably to me she's in "MegasXLR."

:p I :( character actors...

You had to ask, didn't you?

Cloris

Atton's voice actor has been in a few films with minor parts - as Silvershadow will eagerly tell you  :p

[fangirl rant]

Hey, not THAT minor! EVERYBODY who's seen Sin City remembers the guy that gets shot by an arrow. :p

He's been in a LOT of stuff though... he's been acting since he was 7 and he's 35.

[/fangirl rant]

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

Well, there's Kelly Hu (Visas), and I don't think she wore latex in X2, she was still pretty hot. ...

I take it that is X2 the game, not Xmen 2.

What happens if you get all the jedi, and kill Vrook last?

I dunno, what happens if you get all the Jedi and kill Vrook last?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT