Freelancer

Logan

I could never get the sound in Freelancer to work on my WinXP machine for some reason, had to load it up on an old 500mhz Win98. It kept yelling about Fraunhofer codec, but even when I installed that, it wouldn't talk, and there are NO subtitles. Maybe it's just the difference between Audigy and SBAwe, I don't know.

X3:Reunion looks promising.

I was looking forward to Nexus: Jupiter Incident until I read the reviews. Conducting a slow-motion ballet of cap ships isn't my idea of fun. Has anybody played that?

Well Nexus is more of a tactical game than a simulator :( ...a very good tactical game...true it does have some minor problems but overall I found it to be a vey solid experience :huh:

You should try out the Demo o:)

You might grow to like it :)

As for ship selection, there are mods that take care of this, tho I have'nt played them yet.

The only mods I found (that were used on internet servers) included all kinds of ships from Sci-fi film and series like Star Wars and Star Trek .. which had absolutely no place in Freelander imo! + none of them had any ships in the design of the houses' ships! which made it even more stupid ..

so I gave up on it after a very short while ..

Fortune favors the bald.

And if you want all the first 3 games in 1 colection try this Wing Commander: The Kilrathi Saga :huh:

Unfortunately, that package only includes WC 1&2, as WC3 is too big for HotU to host... or something.

Well you still have the English 4CD 3DO rom version :)

The game deserves being played o:) ...everyone should try...or you could always waite for someone to upload it on Frenchkiss...tis a great site...daily uploads :(

Well Nexus is more of a tactical game than a simulator :) ...a very good tactical game...true it does have some minor problems but overall I found it to be a vey solid experience :thumbsup:

You should try out the Demo :)

You might grow to like it :)

Okie, maybe I'll give it a run.

The thing that killed Freelancer for me was the rather idiotic idea behind having all ships with the same speed ... and the controls (more at home in a FPS that flight sim).

Privatter was designed after Wing Commander (shares the same universe) and like Wing Commander is a bit "arcade" but by being simple anmd allowing us to trade without being bothered (too much) by 100 enemies it worked pretty well ... besides the random mission generator despite not being much complex it did the job.

drakron.png

The thing that killed Freelancer for me was the rather idiotic idea behind having all ships with the same speed ... and the controls (more at home in a FPS that flight sim).

if it's just that there is a rather cool mod which allows you to buy better engines, tractor beams and power generators .. so you can fly much faster with bigger ships ..

Fortune favors the bald.

That's because it's really much more of an FPS than a flight sim. It's kind of like Crimson Skies, a flying FPS.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I played Crimson Skies and each plane was diferent ... hardly a suprise since it was based on the board game.

Unless you are talking of the Xbox game that I never played, I would not be suprised since MS games turned MechWarrior into arcade after they got FASA.

drakron.png

I too bought Freelancer just because I longed playing a game similar to the "Privateer" series. It was totally intriguing at first, but after beating the storyline missions and performing a few trade runs that paid off zillions of credits, I pretty much dumped it.

And here is a STAR WARS Total Conversion Multiplayer-only mod for Freelancer. Very interesting :ph34r:

Neat. I'm D/L'ing now. :thumbsup:

----

And here is a STAR WARS Total Conversion Multiplayer-only mod for Freelancer. Very interesting :ph34r:

OK, cool. I registered on the site, dowloaded teh mod, loaded it up in my Freelancer Mod Manager, searched for the server...only to find it password protected. :)

manthing2.jpg

Well, Privateer II only shares the name with its predecessor. It's not really a sequel, more like a rip-off. A shame, really.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I loved Freelancer's singleplayer campaign, but everytime I started exploring a feeling of...something missiing came present. THe game had serious potential to be the space opera of the century, beating even Elite in the process, but fell short for some reason. Lovable game, but it coul have been so much better.

Like KotOR 1...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I loved Freelancer's singleplayer campaign, but everytime I started exploring a feeling of...something missiing came present. THe game had serious potential to be the space opera of the century, beating even Elite in the process, but fell short for some reason. Lovable game, but it coul have been so much better.

Like KotOR 1...

Too bad they decided to axe the implementation of the dynamic economy...

manthing2.jpg

I've played the star wars mod. The game is still the same, though. If you like Freelancer, and you like star wars, this is the mod for you. I didn't find that it breathed much new life into the game, personally. Good luck either way.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I've played the star wars mod.  The game is still the same, though.  If you like Freelancer, and you like star wars, this is the mod for you.  I didn't find that it breathed much new life into the game, personally.  Good luck either way.

screen25.jpg

untitled4.jpg

Imperial_skins_03.jpg

normal_FL_skins_13.jpg

Kashyyyksystem.JPG

It's looking awesome so far! (w00t)

manthing2.jpg

Hey guys.

Scrapland is pretty similar to Freelancer, with a better story, and a more unique world.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's sold all too well, as it's already been priceslashed to $20. :(

I'd get it though, I have it, it's a lot of fun, and building your own ships is awesome. :p