which?

><FISH'>

which is better?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. which is better?

• PS2
    • Xbox

PS2 is way better has a much larger and more interesting lineup. Which at the end of the day is all that matters. Sticking a HD in the Xbox really pushed the costs up.

Japanese people have smaller hands. The original Xbox pad was horrid. But the S-version is a nice design.

I'd take a look at Snake Eater before I said way better graphics.. As a vet gamer not a lot makes my jaw drop.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Xbox = technologically better.

PS2 = more fun.

Fun is what matters.

And of course thats just opinion. And I prefer the PS2 controllers.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The graphic difference isn't all that big actually. Snake Eater, like ShadowPaladin said is a perfect example of that. Gran Turismo 4 is also better looking than any driving game on x-box.

Voted X-box though because it has all the ps2 games I like (With the exception of Snake Eater) as well as great games such as Halo, Ninja Gaiden and the Kotor games.

When I bought a console and had to choose between Xbox and PS2, I didn't care which machine was stronger. I only looked at the library of games and which games suited me the best. It turned out that most of the games for the Xbox are also availible for the PC, while games like Kingdom Hearts, GTA and a few more are either PS2 exclusive or premiered first on that machine. That made it an easy choice.

But I do agree that the PS2 memory cards suck bigtime. Why doesn't Sony release bigger cards?! 128Mb or 256Mb wouldn't be expensive at all nowadays. Even 1 Gb is affordable. Greedy Sony bastards..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

But I do agree that the PS2 memory cards suck bigtime. Why doesn't Sony release bigger cards?! 128Mb or 256Mb wouldn't be expensive at all nowadays. Even 1 Gb is affordable. Greedy Sony bastards..

Take a look at this

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/produc...booster_-_black

I've managed to get by with two cards , but I probably dont keep as many saves as most people.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

:)

If not for the Resident Evil series, the GC would be worthless junk. :D

And the Metroids, and the Zelda(s), and the Pikmins, and all the other crazy (but good) stuff Nintendo comes up with. I'd say game for game, theirs is probably the most innovative crop this time around. PS2 has a MASSIVE library, with some choice picks as well. And the Xbox's saving grace is loads of cash to back it, and the fact that I want to mod one to play my old roms and emulators on.

I would to buy all the consoles solely to play some of the exclusive games.

XBOX - Ninja Gaiden, Halo2

PS2 - Final Fantasy games, Shadow Hearts(Because ShadowPaladin keeps raving about it and I'm easily persuaded) Tekken 5, God of War, Metal Gear Solid series

Gamecube : Zelda and Mario game never get old. Metroid Prime 1 & 2

But alas! I'm a cheap bastard and am usually able to get my gaming fix from any PC games.

I'm thinking of Beyond Good and Evil for my next game. Heard some good things about it.

I haven't touched my XBox in over four months. This might have something to do with the release of Rome: Total War, which only highlights the restrictions on consoles for a gamer such as myself.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

I would to buy all the consoles solely to play some of the exclusive games.

XBOX - Ninja Gaiden, Halo2

PS2 - Final Fantasy games, Shadow Hearts(Because ShadowPaladin keeps raving about it and I'm easily persuaded) Tekken 5, God of War, Metal Gear Solid series

Gamecube : Zelda and Mario game never get old. Metroid Prime 1 & 2

But alas! I'm a cheap bastard and am usually able to get my gaming fix from any PC games.

I'm thinking of Beyond Good and Evil for my next game. Heard some good things about it.

It's out of print and getting hard to find. I suggest you order it off the internets post haste.

The graphic difference isn't all that big actually. Snake Eater, like ShadowPaladin said is a perfect example of that. Gran Turismo 4 is also better looking than any driving game on x-box.

Voted X-box though because it has all the ps2 games I like (With the exception of Snake Eater) as well as great games such as Halo, Ninja Gaiden and the Kotor games.

oh yes i neglected to mention that.

anyway the fact of the matter is that xbox is superior to ps2 in every way and those people that were stupid enough to buy ps2's because of its license are now having a hissy fit because they didnt buy an xbox :cool:

there that should take the flaming up a notch.

I never understood the appeal of consoles, but reading on the BBC website today about 'vibrating joysticks' and it all becomes clear...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4387045.stm

That said, is Sony really in trouble over this patent? How likely is it that sales of the PS2 will really be stopped?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)