Forms of attack

I'm looking for the real numbers here, between dueling and 2 weapon fighting, which do you think is better and for what class ?

I'v been thinking of playing my DS consular as a 2 weapon fighter, but somehow, I think it's better for him to use dueling.

What are the real advantages of each type of attack and what class benefits most from either, I'd just like to have the opinion of someone who's done the math.

I'm looking for the real numbers here, between dueling and 2 weapon fighting, which do you think is better and for what class ?

I'v been thinking of playing my DS consular as a 2 weapon fighter, but somehow, I think it's better for him to use dueling.

What are the real advantages of each type of attack and what class benefits most from either, I'd just like to have the opinion of someone who's done the math.

Dueling will never deal as much damage as two Weapon Fighting. Since, dual deals double damage one weapon does. But, dueling is the most defensive stance, and has the most accuracy (just a little bit).

But, with dual lightsabers, you can add more crystals and gain more boost.

You'll find all the feats and stats on this page: http://www.starwarsknights.com/skillstsl.php (check under combat feats)

While I play as consular, I use dueling because of the defense bonus granted by dueling but also for the "look" ...but it doesn't really make any difference at the end as I barely use the lightsaber and end up spamming lightning (I get this power even if LS) on all my ennemies...

I think that Duelling is more attractive for a Consular build, because it increases both Attack Bonus and Defense Bonus. Dual-wielding is most attractive for Guardians, since Guardian normally have no trouble hitting enemies and they can easily trade a bit of AB for a small increase in damage output. Wielding two lightsabres (or one lightsabre and a good vibro) works extremely well in connection with Force Jump - one jump, one dead enemy - but only Guardians get Force Jump.

A non-armoured Jedi who can cast spells restricted by armour has four attacks per round with Flurry and Master Speed. Dual-wielding adds one attack with the off-hand per round; the 25% increase in damage output is just barely noticable.

For armoured Jedi the situation is different, as they cannot use Master Speed (except through the Force link with Kreia, in the case of the Exile). In this case dual-wielding will bring the number of attacks per round from two (assuming Master Flurry) to three, for a 50% increase in damage output. This is much more noticable than in the case of a hasted non-armoured Jedi.

But armoured Jedi are much less attractive in KotOR 2 than in KotOR, because of the stupendously high levels and attributes that you can attain. Donning a 15/0 armour might even *drop* your defense bonus instead of increasing it.

Also, the defense bonus from Duelling is active even if you are not engaged in melee fighting but instead casting spells or something. So it is a very good choice for a Consular. Last but not least, the Duelling boni are also active during unarmed hand-to-hand (sparring with Handmaidens/Mandalorians).

On the first stages of the game it is easier to go with dueling, but in the middle of the game, there are no great advantage of it.

If you like to use flurry or you are going to be a weapon master jedi, then it is better to have two weapons (or two-bladed lightsaber).

If you are a consule, you may think not to take them at all, because you can choose feats very rare.

Well, about moves. I think that flurry is the best. You see, powerfull attack's bonus of damage +10 isn't big against your's 50-60 usual damage in the middle of the game. Critical hit is usefull, but very rare. But flurry... Master Force Speed + Two-bladed + Flurry = 5 hits. 50*5=250!!! It is a great damage.

And also think about prestige class. If you will be a weapon master, than you must know about 3 additional feats of two-weapon mastery, which can be used only if you have got all 3 usual feats. When you will have all 6 of them, you'll be a great warrior!

And also think about prestige class. If you will be a weapon master, than you must know about 3 additional feats of two-weapon mastery, which can be used only if you have got all 3 usual feats. When you will have all 6 of them, you'll be a great warrior!

Yeah, but the problem is that the great warriors to not have great enemies in this game. <_< A high-level Guardian/Weapon Master can successfully dual-wield against all enemies without taking any of the dual-wielding feats at all (excepting one or two bosses).

my first playthrough i used a single saber...on my second i discovered how inexplicably excellent the dual saber animations were..so now im using them as a DS male consular (just killed the force power spamming ''jedi guardian'' who uses more force poweres than the flurry spamming ''jedi consular'' vrook)

and theres a cheat to have two double sabers in each hand.....complete the game 20 times each on LS and DS whilst re-writing the entire works of shakespeare and listening to ''sugar sugar'' by the archies

"Traditional" would be one saber

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

For consulars, dual wielding is still good especially if you get enough stat enhancing crystals (w00t)

For weapon masters, doublebladed saber is better for the higher damage potential. Can easily top 200 with the right enhancements, master power attack and shien form. So critical range is less than single saber but the fact that damage for main hand applies 1.5 strength modifier instead of 1 strength modifier (for regular lightsaber) more than makes up for it.

I think that Lucas has said that Jedi don't use a two bladed lightsaber as it is thought to be too agressive.

It is rather a Sith Lightsaber.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Single lighsider has more class.

I had a guardian with single light sable able to inflict 40-70 pts damage which means that with master critical and Juyo you almost always inflict 100+ hits. Which means that with master speed you have 3 hits per turn of an aggregate damage of 200-300. More that enough. I could cut even the most difficult enemies into pieces in seconds.

I think that Lucas has said that Jedi don't use a two bladed lightsaber as it is thought to be too agressive.

It is rather a Sith Lightsaber.

Lucas is ignorant of combat tactics, many times I just wish he would shut up instead of making stuff up to explain his ignorance.

The lightstaff is a more defensive that a single lightsaber since its easier to block with it as for dual wield its also a defensive style since the purpose is to block the enemy weapon and strike with the other.

Both are more complicated that using a single weapon but superior, the Jedi would have no reason to practice more advance saber combat tactics since only they would have lightsabers, also it would consume more resources since in the lightstaff case its a more complicated weaponand having two lightsabers will natural means having two lightsabers.

drakron.png

Lucas is ignorant of combat tactics, many times I just wish he would shut up instead of making stuff up to explain his ignorance.

The lightstaff is a more defensive that a single lightsaber since its easier to block with it as for dual wield its also a defensive style since the purpose is to block the enemy weapon and strike with the other.

This stuck out in my head ever since I read on lucasarts website that staff sabers are too dangerous and aggressive for jedi. The whole idea of using one of these things in martial arts is that they are less lethal than swords and better at blocking an attack.

Well, you are applying the reasoning based on what you can do with a staff. However, you can't slice your opponent in two or stab him with a staff, now can you?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, you are applying the reasoning based on what you can do with a staff. However, you can't slice your opponent in two or stab him with a staff, now can you?

True, but I've never heard of someone accidentally cracking theirself in the leg with a bo staff.

Not once they've mastered it perhaps, but what about during their training?

"Umm Master Vandar sir? Johnny chopped off his other leg. Maybe we should give him a single hilt."

Not once they've mastered it perhaps, but what about during their training?

"Umm Master Vandar sir?  Johnny chopped off his other leg.  Maybe we should give him a single hilt."

I see your point, but jedi train with non-cutting blades.

Even still, I can't remember anyone from the martial arts school I used to attend missing instruction because they gave themselves a thigh hematoma with a bo. I do remember one guy accidentally cutting his arm trying to do something too advanced with a katana.

Edit: the swing pattern and the grip used makes it difficult to hit one's self with a staff.