Revan in KOTOR III.

Should they have a confirmed identity?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Should they have a confirmed identity?

• No.
    • Yes DS/Male
    • Yes DS/Female
    • Yes LS/Male
    • Yes LS/Female

Revan and Exile is whatever the player decides. WHere is the fun if Revan or Exile has a certain personality or a certain look to them.

What if Revan is really beautiful woman with super long curly hair that goes to mid thigh and she was a pure Guardian with single lightsaber and she was a lightsaber.

That should be a possible way to be Revan but NOT the only way.

• 2 weeks later...

I think everybody should be able to choose who Revan was. I personally couldn't stand a male Revan, but I can understand those who want a male one. It would destroy the atmosphere of a third part if Revan wasn't the person you liked that much in the first part. One solution would be no Revan at all, but that's not satisfying at all.

actually, it really would not be that tacky to choose Revan's alignment and gender early on in KOTOR III through a dialog string with someone. IT WOULD BE TACKY to choose both Revan and Exile's alignments and genders early one. That is another reason to have Exile as protagonist of KOTOR III.

Revan does not have to emerge as a Jedi hero, only as a Republic hero.

actually, it really would not be that tacky to choose Revan's alignment and gender early on in KOTOR III through a dialog string with someone.  IT WOULD BE TACKY to choose both Revan and Exile's alignments and genders early one.  That is another reason to have Exile as protagonist of KOTOR III.

Revan does not have to emerge as a Jedi hero, only as a Republic hero.

Unless a bunch of people missed the purpose of it and complained when it didnt match :huh:

I dont think I want to play a level 30 protagonist. And I sure dont want to start over at level 1. Plus if you have an old character , you then have to do tons of filling in so that people new to the series know whats going on. If the next one is like 2 or 3 years away then it's even more important.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Unless a bunch of people missed the purpose of it and complained when it didnt match  :lol:

true, and while I can see people getting upset with a locked in Revan identity, I doubt many would get upset with a locked in Exile identity. There you have it: whatever you say Revan is, the Exile has the same alignment and gender.

<The exile is flying through space and spots a large asteroid off in the distance.>

<T-3 takes the ship in for a closer look and the exile can just about see a humanoid figure on the surface. He orders the ship to land.>

<The figure looks up.>

<Exile>I know you ! Your that Revan character everyone kept talking about.

<The figure rises to their feet and sighs.>

<Exile>Your supposed to be off fighting the Sith in the unknown regions what are you doing here?

<Figure shuffles from foot to foot not meeting the exiles gaze.>

<Revan>Well it was like this. I left on a ship from Malachor and a couple of lightyears along the bloody thing broke down..

<Exile> tries to hide a grin but fails.

<T-3> Beewooopp..

<Revan>So for the last however many months I've been living on this asteroid surviving on Mynoks and slug spit.

<Exile>EWWWWWWW!!!!

<T-3> Dwwooop

<Revan> Sigh

<Exile>Oh right. Well It just happens that I'm on my way to fight the Sith myself now. Long story tell you later.

Need a lift mate?

(My less than serious Revan meets the Exile on the way to the unknown regions)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Revan can and should have NO confirmed identity. I don't see why people keep saying that it complicates it too much, but it really shouldn't be THAT difficult, if you play your hand right (or use a sifter :ph34r: ). Just change a pronoun here, and a cameo there, etc. However, some characters' fates will have to be set in stone (Like Mira dying; it happens eventually no matter what side you're on).

I think that Mission should be the underdog hero of the game, and sneaks right behind the biggest badguy of the series, just to give him the Wedgie of Death (That should be an easter egg, after the 4th playthrough :lol: ).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Unless a bunch of people missed the purpose of it and complained when it didnt match  :)

true, and while I can see people getting upset with a locked in Revan identity, I doubt many would get upset with a locked in Exile identity. There you have it: whatever you say Revan is, the Exile has the same alignment and gender.

well personally i like to see us control revan again. i could care less bout excile.

You don't know what K3 story is or even if you'll talk to Revan and/or Exile. Plus you can get two voice actors male and female. when you choose the gender that would choose the voice. I rather not hear them talk because they won't sound like the way I want. :)"

IF Revan and/or Exile are in KIII (which I think they should be...Well, Revan at least, after the Carth scene as LSF) I think the game should just intuit through the PC, what they played Revan/Exile as...Of course this could get rather difficult, whatnot... But the options for deciding the Revan character in KII were pretty good, at least decently worked into te dialogue...There's no reason why they can't be worked in that same way in KIII. I think it should be up to the player to decide, but not quite as obvious as having something before the beginning of the game where you decide which is which...That sort of doesn't make it seem very natural to me. If it was decided in dialogue before you meet Revan/Exile, then it would be rather simple to work in.

Of course this could all be for noting, and maybe we will only hear of Revan/Exile as we play our own distinct storyline :lol: That might be allright, as well, like the game deciding (and acknowledging) that trying to sort out the intricacies of LSF, LSM, DSF, DSM, etc is WAY too har,d and just abandoning the whole thing :(

But the problem is, if Revan and/or Exile are meant to be NPCs you can interact with - they will have to have sound files... and you can't do gender neutral sound files.

Or they could just have Lucas make it canon that when female jedi masters fall to the dark side, they talk like male voice actors.

Ooh, scary.

:lol:

I don't think having a set identity for Revan is a good thing. They were able to handle an un-set identity pretty decently in KotOR II, so I think it should be possible to do it in KotOR III as well. Having both Revan and the Exile to consider does make it a bit harder, though, but it's still within reason. Especially if whoever is making KotOR III has a longer dev time than a year...

The biggest problem with having Revan in KotOR III in any large capacity may not be dealing with gender and dark/light alignment, but rather Revan's voice and appearance. Appearance could be handled by having the player choose Revan's face from the same selection that existed in KotOR, (I even have some ideas on how to intergrate that with the gameplay) but voice could be an issue. I do have some weird ideas how to handle that, though:

1)Bastilla goes in search of Revan and finds him/her nearly dead, with his/her throat practically ripped out. Bastilla once again saves Revan's life with the Force. Revan can no longer speak, (do to the small problem of his/her throat being mangled) but now his/her Force bond with Bastilla is even stronger, allowing him/her to talk with Bastilla telepathically (Similar to the exile and Kriea). Bastilla serves as a voice for Revan in all conversations the player has with him/her.

2)Similar to above, Revan suffers a horrible injury that prevents him/her from speaking. Revan uses a version of an HK-47 vocabulator to allow him/her to communicate. (Ok, this one isn't very serious)

3)All Revan's dialogue is recorded using about 8 different actors/atresses. At some point in the game, the player chooses both an appearance and voice for Revan. (Ok, I can dream, can't I?)

4)They simply have to choose a voice for Revan. (Or one for male, one for female) Perhaps they could use the same people who did Revan's grunts/aknowledgements from KotOR.

Anyways, sorry for going off on a tangent like that.

Yes, Darkside Male. Hence kotor 2 wouldnt have been the way it is without him being DS now a female would be stupid. Everyone saw him as a man.

Everybody?? I never did. I'm sure there are others.

I like the pick Revan gender/alignment option. Much more flexible.

I definitely want to see Revan returning as a major character. The exile can disappear for all I care, although it would of course make more sense for him/her to play a major role as well, although it would complicate things. Thus we must assume that Both characters must be the same alignment. Therefore there cannot be a LS Revan and a DS exile. Or vice versa.

As for the inevitable alignment problem, KOTOR 3 could perhaps institute a "prestige class alignment", where the character (hopefully Revan) starts off as intrinsically good, neutral, or evil, and moves up or down a prestige alignment ladder. Of course it would be possible for the PC to switch from being intrinsically good to being evil. Or, again, vice versa. That way Revan would be an angel or a devil from the start and still be able to gain alignment either way, preserving this LS/DS dichotomy. Or perhaps institute a number of morally ambigous quests at the start that will develop Revan's alignment in that respect.

Revan can and should have NO confirmed identity. I don't see why people keep saying that it complicates it too much, but it really shouldn't be THAT difficult, if you play your hand right (or use a sifter :ph34r: ). Just change a pronoun here, and a cameo there, etc.

the best way to deal with Revan is to have Revan's Force Ghost appear late in the game, with the mask on and speaking a *ghostly* manner.

But, indeed, they are going to have to carve ALOT in stone because there is so much that needs to be settled and so much that is needed to jumpstart a new protagonist (which we will probably see).

Most seem to not care, as long as Revan gets a wicked cape and septure in K3 and a little one for the Exile

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.