Revan - a man...

I prefer that Revan was a guy.. I mean, Carth already has a son, and you dont wanna get mixed up with that :p

Being with Bastila is better, just imagine, your son would be even stronger than you when he's older, your son would someday save the galaxy :D or maybe try and bring it to an end. and it would be funny if they threw in something like "Revan... I am your Son!" :D

I first did K2 as a male, theres lots of relationships for a male :) I like that.. but I think when K3 comes, I'll choose female for the exile. lol.

ooh yeah, the pc version kinda sucks for the faces.. we should have these new faces, and the old faces :o.. the new faces at least have 1 male and 1 female face who's not being used as NPCs throughout the game, the last guy I had, I saw him 3 times.

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

I prefer that Revan was a guy.. I mean, Carth already has a son, and you dont wanna get mixed up with that :p

Being with Bastila is better, just imagine, your son would be even stronger than you when he's older, your son would someday save the galaxy :D or maybe try and bring it to an end. and it would be funny if they threw in something like "Revan... I am your Son!" :D

I first did K2 as a male, theres lots of relationships for a male :) I like that.. but I think when K3 comes, I'll choose female for the exile. lol.

ooh yeah, the pc version kinda sucks for the faces.. we should have these new faces, and the old faces :o.. the new faces at least have 1 male and 1 female face who's not being used as NPCs throughout the game, the last guy I had, I saw him 3 times.

If Bastilla became pregnant, she'd be expelled by the Jedi Council.

Ok so weve had 5 pages of replies because someone didnt realise you can change Revans gender?

Revan is suposed to be who YOU want him/her to be.  Bioware and Obsidian did not intend Revan to be any gender or alignment , get over it.

yeah, it's our story, our game, we choose to play it how we wanna :D.. too bad though, when your neutral on k2, the ending is either light or dark.. why cant there be a neutral ending? lol

Shane Tyduk

dont you remember? theres no Jedi Council no more, I think the people you turn Jedi are the new council..

how about Yoda, he said you only can have one apprentice, and you cant have relationships or someone said it anyhow.. Luke trains many Jedi in his accademy, and he marries Mara Jade.

Shane Tyduk

dont you remember? theres no Jedi Council no more, I think the people you turn Jedi are the new council..

how about Yoda, he said you only can have one apprentice, and you cant have relationships or someone said it anyhow.. Luke trains many Jedi in his accademy, and he marries Mara Jade.

And the Exile practically goes around saying "Hi. Wanna join me and be a Jedi?" AT least Luke had standards. The Exile's like the Force Whore of the Jedi.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Women weren't soldiers in the past?

Heh. Tell that to Joan of Arc.

Tell that to ...oh crap...what the hell is her name....an Irish woman who was a priate captain.

Tell that to the many women who were captured in battle during the crusades. Seriously, the idea that women were never soldiers is simply untrue.

anyway, I played the first game as a male, but I have now missed "choosing" my past on that twice. Anyone know which conversation it happens in spicifically? Ive never noticed it before.

All this misogyny is making my brain bleed...

I love how a group can be oppressed for centuries, and because of that oppression hasn't had a chance to build up as much of a "storied" history as the oppressors, then when the shackles are finally being thrown off members of the former oppressors are still saying crap like "look at history! We r0xx0rd n u sUxx0rd!" Every president of the United States has been a white, Christian male. Do you use the same criteria you've seem to have chosen for women in the military or a female Revan and say that only white, Christian males have what it takes to be the president of the United States? It would be horribly wrong to think that, but hey, it's only women who are being badmouthed here. The girls can take it!

Look at history. Once men grabbed the power, they made the rules. The only ways to change the rules would for men to change them, and so many men even today still love the power, look at the Taliban (and oh, is religion ever a big part of this), or to grab power, and men had the guns. Even then, most women don't want to go to an actual war against their husbands, fathers, brothers, and sons. So we were screwed until more and more men realized that, holy crap, we're human! And smart at that!

It's so nice to come to a message board as I sit here in Canada in the year 2005 and read about how I suck because I'm a woman, and to read ignorant spewings from some men who apparently lack the ability to put history into context. Maybe a few years in a burqa would help clear your head.

Revan's sex should always be a choice for the player, but because of crap like I've read here today, if LA assigns one she should be female just so it sticks in your misogynistic craws.

One final note: The vast majority of murders, perverts, sex offenders, and serial killers today and through history have been male. I'm talking about a very overwhelming majority. Chew on that then come back and tell me women can't be leaders because we're "too emotional."

anyway, I played the first game as a male, but I have now missed "choosing" my past on that twice. Anyone know which conversation it happens in spicifically? Ive never noticed it before.

When you're talking to Atton while he's still in his cell on Pergaus, and you guys talk about what happened with Revan. If you don't choose the responses concerning that, it will default to LS male, I believe.

As far as Revan and Exile cannot be female...judge them by their size, do you? You should not. For the Force is their ally, and a powerful ally it is. Luminous beings are they, not that...errr...OK, being CRPG characters they're rather luminous, come to think of it.

But you know what I was getting at. :(

Being a guy this is what went through my mind during character creation in K1.

"Ok....do I want to look at man's ass or a woman's ass for the next 50 hours of my life?"

"Definitely a woman's ass."

"Ok, but since you can romance that hot chick with the lightsaber on the cover, maybe I shoould play Revan as a man. I mean really don't want to romance a man. That would be just weird. Really weird."

"So what's worse? Looking a man's ass or professing my undying love to a man?"

"Hmm....this is really a no win situation here."

In the end I decided that a nicely toned man's ass might be able to pass for woman's.

I think I gave to much information here....but what the hell, I'll post anyways.

I think this is why I prefer the top down view in RPGs.

On a more serious note, like others have said, this game is your own personal experience and will not somehow affect the games of others. Just think whatever you want. If Revan is a man in your game fine, if she was a woman fine.

And I agree that all these combinations will be a nightmare for any potential sequel if Revan and/or the Exile show up. Maybe there could be a Revan and Exile Character Creation Screen when you start. I don't think it'll be that hard to implement.

Back to the gender wars! :("

All this misogyny is making my brain bleed...

I love how a group can be oppressed for centuries, and because of that oppression hasn't had a chance to build up as much of a "storied" history as the oppressors, then when the shackles are finally being thrown off members of the former oppressors are still saying crap like "look at history! We r0xx0rd n u sUxx0rd!" Every president of the United States has been a white, Christian male. Do you use the same criteria you've seem to have chosen for women in the military or a female Revan and say that only white, Christian males have what it takes to be the president of the United States? It would be horribly wrong to think that, but hey, it's only women who are being badmouthed here. The girls can take it!

Look at history. Once men grabbed the power, they made the rules. The only ways to change the rules would for men to change them, and so many men even today still love the power, look at the Taliban (and oh, is religion ever a big part of this), or to grab power, and men had the guns. Even then, most women don't want to go to an actual war against their husbands, fathers, brothers, and sons. So we were screwed until more and more men realized that, holy crap, we're human! And smart at that!

It's so nice to come to a message board as I sit here in Canada in the year 2005 and read about how I suck because I'm a woman, and to read ignorant spewings from some men who apparently lack the ability to put history into context. Maybe a few years in a burqa would help clear your head.

Revan's sex should always be a choice for the player, but because of crap like I've read here today, if LA assigns one she should be female just so it sticks in your misogynistic craws.

Wait, you expect serious, intelligent discussion from an online gaming community?

Bah, gaming, like so many other technological hobbies, is rife with misogyny. It's reasons like this I left the Bioboards in disgust, and the same reason that I'm going to leave these boards just as soon as I get sick of them *rolls eyes* The sad thing is not even that the devs allow the misogyny and homophobia that permeates the gaming community to continue, they often partake in it themselves (Disclaimer: I'm not talking about Obsidian here, I have no idea what they staff are like. But I'm a little bitter and jaded after some bad experiences on other official boards.)

I'm not even on the American continent; I'm in Europe, which if you believe the propaganda is a hive of scum and leftist villiany, yet I still encounter this kind of bull day in, day out - for the henious crime of being a *gasp* woman!

The really sad thing, of course, is that one day these closed-minded idiots will reproduce and pass their narrow-minded worldviews onto their children... :(;

[/waaaaay off topic]

Scrambling to get it back on topic... dude... Revan was totally a hermaphrodite. There, argument over. :D

Wait, you expect serious, intelligent discussion from an online gaming community?

Bah, gaming, like so many other technological hobbies, is rife with misogyny. It's reasons like this I left the Bioboards in disgust, and the same reason that I'm going to leave these boards just as soon as I get sick of them *rolls eyes* The sad thing is not even that the devs allow the misogyny and homophobia that permeates the gaming community to continue, they often partake in it themselves (Disclaimer: I'm not talking about Obsidian here, I have no idea what they staff are like. But I'm a little bitter and jaded after some bad experiences on other official boards.)

One thing the gaming industry needs is more women involved in the writing. I've heard that the male Exile is able to develop a romance, but I can't seem to get anywhere with Atton other than when he talks to Bao-Dur about liking me. I play Baldur's Gate as well and it really irks me that a male PC has multiple romance options but a female PC has all of one, and he left before we could get anywhere because I took too long to get to a quest.

I'm not even going to get started on same-sex romances, I'm not going to hold my breath for that to happen. Kudos to Fable though for that.

When you're talking to Atton while he's still in his cell on Pergaus, and you guys talk about what happened with Revan.  If you don't choose the responses concerning that, it will default to LS male, I believe.

I could have sworn it defaults to female. Or maybe it defaults to the opposite of the PC's sex?

Edit: man, I must be incredibly bored to post in a thread this dumb.

And I'll take Mara Jade over Luke any day.

One thing the gaming industry needs is more women involved in the writing. I've heard that the male Exile is able to develop a romance, but I can't seem to get anywhere with Atton other than when he talks to Bao-Dur about liking me. I play Baldur's Gate as well and it really irks me that a male PC has multiple romance options but a female PC has all of one, and he left before we could get anywhere because I took too long to get to a quest.

I'm not even going to get started on same-sex romances, I'm not going to hold my breath for that to happen. Kudos to Fable though for that.

Play Kotor 1 again. Pay a lot of attention to Juhani.

Buggy, but worth it ;)

Not just a maturely-written same-sex romance... but also the only game I've ever come across where a female PC has more romance options than a male :)

"Ok....do I want to look at man's ass or a woman's ass for the next 50 hours of my life?"

"Ok, but since you can romance that hot chick with the lightsaber on the cover, maybe I shoould play Revan as a man. I mean really don't want to romance a man. That would be just weird. Really weird."

In the end I decided that a nicely toned man's ass might be able to pass for woman's.

;) Now that is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time... You made my day!

I think I gave to much information here....but what the hell, I'll post anyways.

I think this is why I prefer the top down view in RPGs.

On a more serious note, like others have said, this game is your own personal experience and will not somehow affect the games of others. Just think whatever you want. If Revan is a man in your game fine, if she was a woman fine.

And I agree that all these combinations will be a nightmare for any potential sequel if Revan and/or the Exile show up. Maybe there could be a Revan and Exile Character Creation Screen when you start. I don't think it'll be that hard to implement.

Back to the gender wars! :wub:"

You know what you forgot to consider, Azure? You can always switch who is the lead character on those long runs when you start to feel squicky about staring at the rear-end of your PC that is the same sex that you are.

I mean, really?! How many woman in KotORI stripped Carth down to his skivvies and had him run around in the lead in the dessert after you killed all the beasties and you just needed to get to the Sandpeople's camp?!

*listens to the crickets chirp*

You mean I was the only one?! :"> How embarassing.

As long as I am already blushing... and way off topic... I think I got jipped her with Sith Lords... cause my man Bao Dur ( >_< ) can't strip down to his undies! I mean, the guy had some massive pecs and I wanted to seeeeee. :-" We got to see even Jolee in the first one with his little sock holder-upper things! Why not the hotest guy in this one. *pouts* :blink:

Plooby I must confess I stripped down Bastila to see what was underneath. You are not alone.

:">

It was her voice! It was seductive! It was melodious! Her voice told me to!

Now it admonishes me for being such a loser. *sigh* >_<

I once had Zaalbar lead my party for a time until I realized the implications of staring at hairy hips swaying back and forth for extended hours might be more devastating than anything I could imagine.

Roma very nice history lesson there also dont forget it was cleopatra that seduced and killed one of romes mightiest emperors to(forget his name off hand).

Patently false, Ma'am. Cleopatra was young girl that required the help of one C. Julius C