Revan - a man...

I don't want to threadjack,

but I heard there was supposed to be some place where you could designate Revan as a man or woman and light or dark side. I don't remember ever getting that.

haha this from the guy who complains that obsidian left too many plotholes.

sounds to me like you just arent very observant considering THIS quote is absolutely impossible to miss unless youre braindead.

what is your problem with me. Are you going to flame me all the time.

Do you want me to bow down and admit you are better than me.

You got some weird ego trip going on.

**** off.

****ing moron.

I fully admitted I missed things in the game. That's why I was asking questions. This is a a spoilers forum after all. I was looking for answers because I missed some plot points.

what is your problem with me. Are you going to flame me all the time.

Do you want me to bow down and admit you are better than me.

You got some weird ego trip going on.

**** off.

****ing moron.

I fully admitted I missed things in the game. That's why I was asking questions. This is a a spoilers forum after all. I was looking for answers because I missed some plot points.

my "problem" with you is you didnt ASK questions, you made statements. you didnt ASK about the things you missed, you made STATEMENTS that obsidian didnt include them in the game.

had you said stuff like "hey, i didnt get attons backstory. did i miss something? can someone fill me in because i never got it?" then i wouldnt have a "problem" with you. instead, you made statements like "and wtf was with atton? lame that they didnt even answer half the things said about him". see the difference?

im just pointing out your seeming lack of attention span considering this latest "question" of yours was one of the most obvious and hard-to-miss aspects of the game.

ok, you win, I lose. I give up really to discuss this...:) it's nice, but it's kinda nervous. for story-line reasons I think that Revan should've been only male and male outstanding. and Bastila/Revan relationship and personal stories are more interesting than Carth/Revan ones.

oh and btw... Carth sux... Canderous is the man! ;)

But here's the thing, your finding the Revan/Bastila relationship to be more interesting than the Revan/Carth one is a matter of personal taste. Personally I think that the opposite is true. The Revan/Bastila story is basically a story of forbidden love between two Jedi with a bit of redemption thrown in at the end. To me, it is the kind of story (forbidden love) that we see all the time.

I find the Revan/Carth story to have more creativity. I mean, come on, she's indirectly responsible for the death of his wife, the capture of his son, and the death of his homeworld. The theme in that arc being forgiveness, trust, and redemption, and I think that story has a lot more emotional punch to it.

But really, which story is better is purely a matter of opinion.

As others have pointed out in this thread, if Lucas Arts, Bioware, and Obsidian wanted Revan to be strictly male, then they wouldn't have given the gamer a choice at the beginning. The fact that there is gender confusion in some of the dialogue is most likely due to sloppy editing on the part of the programmers. I mean, these are the people who misspelled Onasi and had one of the most incoherent endings to a game that I

Whoa, give it a break guys. Yes, it is rather silly to complain about things missing when it's your own fault you missed it, but running around and complaining about people when they do it is not much better.

I've read a bit around here, and to be honest, I'm growing quite tired of your attitude, NWK.

One example is Boddeca of the Celts. What did she do? Defeated the Roman armies at every turn.

Quite impressive considering the odds against her, especially since she and her daughters were raped, and her husband murdered. She also managed to unite clans who previously hated each other.

The Star Wars setting doesn't seem to have gender discrimination amongst the humans, so its easily possible Revan is female.

Boudicca sucked. She won her battles against backwoods garrison troops. Once Claudius got wind of it, he took the ACTUAL army, and beat the living hell out of the Iceni in about 5 seconds.

And to Whitemithrandir, I highly doubt that Lu and Wu could compare to somebody like Heraclius. While one might try to argue he is the first "Byzantine" Emperor, I'm sure he would dispute that. Justianian would also suffice to destroy Lu and Wu, and Diocletian, and Trajan, and....

Oh, and has everybody forgotten that Alexander the Great is the single most brilliant commander of all time! Nobody has mentioned him.

I'll give the women four females of political and military insight. Theodora, wife of Justianian, Margaret Thatcher, Eleanor of Aquitaine, and Catherine the Great. Outside of them, their track record isn't that good.

Joan of Arc was not very impressive. She managed to get a bunch of demoralised French knights to beat even more demoralized, disorganized, drunken English peasants who were thrown into France because all the real troops were busy fighting a civil war that came out of the death of Henry V. Not that big of an accomplishment

I've read a bit around here, and to be honest, I'm growing quite tired of your attitude, NWK.

sorry it offends you. i just get tired of people putting blame on a game for being incomplete or whatnot when in fact its just that they werent paying attention or didnt figure out how to get the answer themselves.

Whoa, give it a break guys. Yes, it is rather silly to complain about things missing when it's your own fault you missed it, but running around and complaining about people when they do it is not much better.

Dude, do a search for Osiris' posts. NWK's comments about this guy are completely justified. Osiris tends to have this awful trend of makeing impulsive comments without asking himself "Hmm... have I missed something?".

Not that I'm defending NWK... I just find it funny you take a shot at NWK and not the other guy.

And it's not like NWK called Osiris a

****ing moron.

or anything, you know?

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

By the way, using Bastila as an example for why women wouldn't make good leaders is going to get you nothing but contempt from a lot of women who play this game. Judging from what I've seen in the kotor fan community, most women detest Bastila (not me - I think she is an interesting and flawed character). Using her as an example to represent all women and their characteristics is rather short sighted and unfair. It would be like me saying... all men must have serious emotional trust issues because Carth does or every guy must be a lecherous cad because Atton is, and that's just silly.

Well, yeah, I have to admit that Bastila is a bit too female, if you know what I mean. That HK-47 sarcastic remark about "Oh master, I love you, but I hate what you stand for..." was quite accurate. They should've made her a bit more independant, rather than someone I'd normally call a bimbo. You could pretty much slap her around as much as you wanted and she'd still fall for you, if I remember correctly.

But I have to admit that I was a little turned on by her, mostly due to Jennifer Hale's voice acting.

Dude, do a search for Osiris' posts. NWK's comments about this guy are completely justified. Osiris tends to have this awful trend of makeing impulsive comments without asking himself "Hmm... have I missed something?".

Not that I'm defending NWK... I just find it funny you take a shot at NWK and not the other guy.

I don't agree with either one of them, but NWK started this here. Like I said, I've read these boards a bit and I know the background. I don't care how ignorant Osiris is about anything, that's not a reason to flame. But that's not it either, no, it's that he came in here and made a post that is actually off-topic with the sole purpose of flaming.

Osiris may or may not be ignorant, stupid or whatever you chose to call him (or her), but I fail to see how flaming will improve the situation. Someones ignorance can be corrected if you inform them of their error, whereas flaming will lead to nothing constructive whatsoever.

Osiris may or may not be ignorant, stupid or whatever you chose to call him (or her), but I fail to see how flaming will improve the situation. Someones ignorance can be corrected if you inform them of their error, whereas flaming will lead to nothing constructive whatsoever.

considering i responded to his post, which he even wrote was off-topic (had nothing to do with revan as a man or woman), i dont see how its fair you say im the one that went off topic.

edit: it was again about him "missing" dialogue, which was what hes posted about in multiple threads, then claiming its not there.

read his post again. it was just as off topic.

I don't agree with either one of them, but NWK started this here. Like I said, I've read these boards a bit and I know the background. I don't care how ignorant Osiris is about anything, that's not a reason to flame. But that's not it either, no, it's that he came in here and made a post that is actually off-topic with the sole purpose of flaming.

What's your point? Osiris started it in 5 other threads and NWK started it in 4 other threads, who knows? Fact is, either take a jab at none of them or both of them or you're going to be seen as hypocritical.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

considering i responded to his post, which he even wrote was off-topic (had nothing to do with revan as a man or woman), i dont see how its fair you say im the one that went off topic.

Ah, yes. The two-wrongs-make-a-right theorem. Like I said, I'm not very fond of either of you at this point, but between someone posting off-topic and someone posting an off-topic unprovoked flame, I don't have any great difficulty deciding which one I disagree least with.

What's your point? Osiris started it in 5 other threads and NWK started it in 4 other threads, who knows? Fact is, either take a jab at none of them or both of them or you're going to be seen as hypocritical.

I'm not going to dig through every thread to count the offenses, but I do know someone started it here. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn about who started it or why, but who continues it. I'd happily take a jab at both or none in a thread dedicated to this issue, but right here and now, I'm talking about this thread and this thread only.

But enough of this, now we are really getting off-topic, and I doubt anything I say can change anything. Feel free to continue arguing with me on this if you want, but I fear it'll be a pretty lonely discussion.

And it's not like NWK called Osiris a

****ing moron.

or anything, you know?

I admit I have missed things in this game. I don't claim to be a super gamer who can find all things out in a game. I admit, I have the worst time trying to get influence with Kreia. Both light and dark side.

but my problems with Kreia are off topic for this thread. I won't discuss them here.

I felt my original post was on topic sort of. The original post says Revan was woman. I heard you could make it so Revan was a man. I just wasn't sure where.

I think Revan should be a hermaphrodite. That would solve all of our problems. As for romance issues... "it" can romance with Carth.

There ya go, White!

Btw - as an interesting bit of trivia, did you all know that the Hutts (Jabba, etc.) are hermaphrodites?

This was news to me, but I was doing a little Star Wars research and found this out. Just look at Jabba's gender here, or lookup "Hutt" at Wikipedia.

Hutts are Hermaphrodites

You are all saying that women cannot be good leaders, but the New Republic that is created after the Empire, isn't it led by Mon Mothma.

BTW, in my games Revan is a man, but that is just because I finished my KOTOR1 games mostly with men so the choice for me is more obvious, but I am sure I'll play KOTOR2 someday with Revan female.

Ahhhh... choice. The downfall of society as we know it. :-"

Just because Revan couldn't possibly be a woman in your mind, doesn't mean that you should deny others the right to make her a woman in theirs. What peopel do in the privacy of their own homes and all. :cool: And really... why should you care? No one is making you play it that way... unless you missed your cue from Atton before you let him out of his cell. :huh: Don't you hate it when dialog gets in the way of killing things? ;)

I don't understand where the statement that LA intended Revan to be male came from, though. Just look at the game and the ending (or lack there of)... if LA intended for Revan to be a male, there really wouldn't have been a choice. *starts singing... What LA wants, LA gets" :)

well, Hannibal Barka, Julius Caeser, Charlemagne and Chinghiz Khan were all male and they were brilliant strategists. No offence, but I can't remember a female one, who can stand close to them.

Kind of a flawed argument: They're weren't many brilliant strategists back then because women were never allowed to have positions of power. And why aren't there any now: Because we are a society still steeped in such beliefs. You are a good example for one. :ph34r:

In my mind Revan will always be a LS female. The SW needed a strong female Jedi to me. And to me a LS Revan is the perfect character. She showed she could make sacrifices for the good of the republic and become a seemingly ruthless Sith Lord to strengthen the republic. Unfortunatly Malak got in the way... and she forgot all that. With no memory of her reasons for becoming a Sith lord she resumes her compassionate path... but dun dun dun.. starts remembering again and must leave poor Carthy-poo to finally rid the galaxy of this threat she initially wanted to protect the republic from. At least that's what I got out of the first two games ^^;;;

In my mind Revan will always be a LS female. The SW needed a strong female Jedi to me. And to me a LS Revan is the perfect character. She showed she could make sacrifices for the good of the republic and become a seemingly ruthless Sith Lord to strengthen the republic. Unfortunatly Malak got in the way... and she forgot all that. With no memory of her reasons for becoming a Sith lord she resumes her compassionate path... but dun dun dun.. starts remembering again and must leave poor Carthy-poo to finally rid the galaxy of this threat she initially wanted to protect the republic from. At least that's what I got out of the first two games ^^;;;

I actually like the idea of a female Revan better than male, however, I originally played as male, so Revan will always be 'he' in my eyes.