Cut Ending Stuff

Internet petitions never do anything, I'm afraid. Obsidian aren't going to go back and reimplement cut endings when they have other projects to work on. Unless each of the 3000 petition signers is willing to pay a bit of money to LA, Obsidian won't be allowed to make a single change beyond patching it. Charity isn't what LA is used to.

Agreed.

Petitions show is an INTEREST in something. What needs to be done to cause TPB to take notice is to somehow translate that interest into tangible profits that would benefit them in the long run.

In other words, a better petition would be...

If LA and Obsidian made an add-on expansion pack with all of those endings restored would you buy it?

It is a Catch-22 because a lot of fans would NOT buy it because this is stuff that is already in the game we bought and it would be looked on as corporate greed (and it is to some degree)... But if it was the only alternative to getting a "finished" game, would consumers be willing to pay for it?

i just got a wierd bug in the secret tomb on korriban i fought revan but you now how there is that Dark Jedi with him well he wasn't there i kicked revans *** and he still didn't show walked up where kreia was when she attacked you walked back down and there was a clone of my pc so i walked away again came back still me i couldn't leave at all now it was a regular Dark Jedi just standing there thats the only major bug i have ever had

Wierd Huh

Come to think of it, in the tomb there's:

1. Your past: Malak & co.

2. The Present: Kreia & the crew of the Ebon Hawk

3. The Future: Revan? (!)

So many unanswered questions.

I was lucky enough to have saved the game just before i fought Kreia in the tomb so I played the ending where you do nothing, one where you side with kreia and one against. You either fight against Kreia, with Kreia or against everyone. After each ending I fought Revan and then played both the losing and winning strat against him, each time just had Kreia telling me that i'd past the test. Never met the guy who you originally see standing with Revan.

So many unanswered questions.

Has anybody found any material making reference to Darth Nihilus, and what happened on Malachor V? It seems a little strange that you just know who is is when you return to Citadel Station.

Maybe there's some remnants of dialogue left around somewhere that has the PC being told who Visas' Master actually as and that he's know as Darth Nihilus.

I dunno... there's reasons to hope and not to hope. On the one hand, not even Lucas Arts is in the business of ticking off its customers. Pulling out the sketchy business school knowledge: fixing up the game would be adding to the 'augmented product' raising the value of the game and improving the reputation of both companies (and thus future sales). If there's enough of a response, it could actually be worth it to both companies to sick a team on the game for a week or two.

On the other hand, a lot of people probably have a lower expectations of the ending. Somewhere along the lines of 'oooo... shiny.' They won't care if Atton gets his arm hacked off or not, and lets be fair; a good part of those 80,000 views are us checking back to see if there's any news. Plus there's the whole Xbox-can't-update thing. I guess we'll see.

Still, though, both companies would get a lot of milage in my books by paying attention to their fans on this one.

Crap lol after spending 50+ hours, actually close to 100 I had no satisfaction with how the game ended.

I was on Malenchor, without a ship, no way off, with nothing. It ended so wierdly so quickly it seemed empty. My whole game as darkside was to kill the jedi, destroy the republic and take the crown of the new Darth Lord.

The old witch didnt even say anything to me, because I was so full of darkside I just said, "Are you ready to die old women?", "Proud words, die old women." Then I killed her and threw her corpse down the shaft.

Then it ended. I was like wtf, what about:

1) my ship

2) my crew

3) Revan

4) the Sith

5) those droids

6) the shield thingy

7) the future of the republic and galaxy

Bla.

How am I going to get off this planet. I am not stupid I just didnt slaughter hundreds of Sith and the remants of the jedi counsel to go into exile, or quit, or sit on some planet.

Where is the victory scene. My victory was stolen...................

Later I went back to previous save changed a few dialogue options, wow now I get lame future predictions, crap. Lame.

Where was my climax, my emotional release?

Actually after thinking about it initially I figured I would of course escape, could use Melanchor as a base of operations, and might run into some of my old companions, eventually. I thought this myself.

But as the scene panded out, showed me way inside the deep center of Melanchor, and panned out across space I began to have doubts. It was a unsastifying ending. I wondered without certainty about many unanswered things. Things which Kotor very neatly finalized, why should there be any less now. To many questions left unanswered it all seemed pointless and stupid. I felt pointless and stupid. The game made me fill pointless and stupid.

In some wierd way, its like Kreia had the last laugh. She felt the force was stupid and pointless, at least to my darkside character and its like the game makes you feel like Kreia did about the force. When the game is over, you feel Kreia through the game, you feel pointless and stupid. I could almost hear her laughing somewhere.

I think thats maybe why I needed the cutscene more than anything, the conclusions the wrap up, for Kreia was invading my pc gaming experience. I killed her, there was a point, wasnt there??????????????????????/ Damn you Kreia.

But there was a point. I have decided to believe there was a point. I have found it hear in the missing dialogue. I consider them lost transmissions. I need them I broke the bond Kreia, you are dead.

GoGo modders this will be like the guy who edited out JarJar in the StarWars movie. The modders will produce the ending and it will be a big joke in gaming, but at least we will get the last laugh.

Friend say, "Just got Kotor II." Friend replys, "Did you get the patch, and the Revised Sith Lord ending mod?" Cool.

So now after reading all these threads at this forum I finally get it I think and have some solace with my fellow pc gamers. After reading the missing dialogue and scenes I see what they must of ultimately wanted. It was only fitting that you would at the very least have these endings.

This game essentially did not have a ending. It just stopped. No pay off. Without these forums, people discussing the missing dialogue most people playing the game would never have any idea what they did or why. What a monumental mistake in what could of been a classic.

I cam to this forum after playing the game not to discuss how great it was but to figure out what the heck happened. Kotor 2 is much like a book with the last 20 pages missing. LOL its kind of funny in a sad way.

It was all about Melanchor, it was where it started where you lost your force, turned away from it.

Yet the game didnt include it, its practically unforgivable. This game if it was a movie is missing its last 5 minutes. The freaking conclusion.

Wow the ending would of been great. I was supposed to see and know this:

If Darkside, the characters would of done their things you would of seen the effect of your actions/influence. You would keep Malenchor as it is, not restore it, keep it as the dark place it is and use it to train dark jedi.

If lightside with Bao-Durs help you would of used the Shield thingy to revitalize the planet seen the effect of your actions and used it as the new base of Jedi lightside teachings and trained lightside jedi. The planet would of rejuvenated itself. You would of brought life to planet you previously helped destroy.

Now with your new frame of mind lightside (redemption) or dark (decision made, decision accepted) you prepare for the next war, against the true Sith, which Revan went after to either defeat or lead.

You as exile, would of decided the fate of the republic in known space as either strong in the dark or strong in the light.

If LA and Obsidian made an add-on expansion pack with all of those endings restored would you buy it?

Yeah, I would. The bulk of the game was so good, I just have to see it as it was intended to be.

I would want everything, though. The multiple endings, Atris being a bigger factor, Nihilus made into the bada$$ that a cover boy should be, the Droid Planet, everything right down to that mysterious closed off area near Vogga's warehouse.

I'll admit it. It's a drug, I'm addicted, I need the endings.

:p

If they want to sell us the cut content as an "expansion pack" or whatever, sure I would pay. This is such a great game, up until the missing ending - I really need some closure. Bring back the Droid planet, put in a few more side-quests, and a decent ending - that's value added over the XBOX version, and it would be reasonable to kick down a few more credits for it.

Or they could take the Light Side approach, and make it a free content patch, because "its the right thing to do". You can still be saved, Darth Lucas... :rolleyes:

Would I pay for this content? No, I wouldn't. God(Ala, Bast,whomever) bless the creator of this thread and everyone who has even looked through those sound folders. To me, I have the missing endings. I don't need to see them on screen thanks to the wonderful editing Eji did for us, they are already clear to me. I refuse to reward LA and/or OE for this huge blunder.

That being said, I get to have my cake and eat it too. I know how the game should have ended and it couldn't be more open-ended for the 3rd one. It all depends on your point of view.

Yeah, I would. The bulk of the game was so good, I just have to see it as it was intended to be.

I would want everything, though. The multiple endings, Atris being a bigger factor, Nihilus made into the bada$$ that a cover boy should be, the Droid Planet, everything right down to that mysterious closed off area near Vogga's warehouse.

I'll admit it. It's a drug, I'm addicted, I need the endings.

:rolleyes:

Hey, I already own the X-Box version and just today went out and bought the PC version, because apparently: I've misplaced my common sense.

I have been following this thread for quite a while now, and I thank Eji, Aurora, and HighPriest for everything they have done for the community. I hope that all of this will have some impact on LA and Obsidian. I have played all the Black Isle games and found Obsidian to be a credible successor until the final moments of TSL. Honestly, I do not know the reasons for the truncated ending. I hope, however, that I will one day see TSL in all its glory, modded or otherwise.

Mass withdrawal syndrom... followed by the birth of a new self help group... FUA or force users anonymous... Then i can only assume a large black market operation that thrives in the illegal distribution of kotor....

Then there would be a anti kotor sqwad formed to seek out the black market rings... they would spend thousands of dollars training people to infultrate the groups, but lose millions in the rehabilitation program that will have to be set up as more and more undercover officers lose grip on reality and fall into the kotor world....

Of course i may have just over thought your question... :o

Mass withdrawal syndrom...    followed by the birth of a new self help group...  FUA or force users anonymous...  Then i can only assume a large black market operation that thrives in the illegal distribution of kotor....

Then there would be a anti kotor sqwad formed to seek out the black market rings...  they would spend thousands of dollars training people to infultrate the groups, but lose millions in the rehabilitation program that will have to be set up as more and more undercover officers lose grip on reality and fall into the kotor world....

Of course i may have just over thought your question... :)

Shh! Your giving too many secrets away! :blink:

lol

I finished it right away - it's about 15 minutes :) you have a level 50 HK-47 with uber weapon in this save so it's just point-click-kill :) But it's really strange they dropped it - it's almost finished, just missing some parts and effects of actions like upgrades for HK-47, but compered to the droid planet it feels almost complete.