Need your help w/ my homework!

Conspiracy Theorist

sad if I don't believe 100% in science .. why so?

do you believe they have all the answers? they may strive for perfection of knowledge, and that is commendable, but they are hardly there yet ..

true science is unimpeachable

ehh .. no! we don't even know if any theory is right .. sure it seems like it we have some of the questions right .. but it's still just speculations! so to say that it is flawless!? :)

we are standing in an endless void with nothing but a single torch .. and you are saying that we can guess everything right but looking at the wierd shapes in the darkness?

Fortune favors the bald.

sad if I don't believe 100% in science .. why so?

do you believe they have all the answers? they may strive for perfection of knowledge, and that is commendable, but they are hardly there yet ..

true science is unimpeachable

ehh .. no! we don't even know if any theory is right .. sure it seems like it we have some of the questions right .. but it's still just speculations! so to say that it is flawless!?  :)

we are standing in an endless void with nothing but a single torch .. and you are saying that we can guess everything right but looking at the wierd shapes in the darkness?

Well, it seems religion isn't the only doctrine thats the beneficiary of blind faith, really the only difference seems to be that while in religious circles its followers seem to achieve there kicks by believe they're more devoteed in their following of the tenets, those who follow science just seem to think they're more intelligent then everyone else. Its amazing what misconceptions faith can bring.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's not really the same thing. Religious people can't prove what they believe in, and they claim just to 'know it to be true', because 'faith is a gift'. However, scientific postulates must be proven to be accepted. Until you can prove otherwise, they are true.

Granted, science may not have all the answers, and the few answers it does have are perhaps only applicable to the small parcel of reality in which we exist, but within those parameters, science is much more solid than religion. From a pragmatic standpoint, anyway.

It all comes down to the old question, what can you believe in, and what is real. You can make up any number of answers for that, and nobody can really prove you wrong, since there isn't an exact definition of reality. However, I for one prefer to believe in what at least seems to be real. That doesn't mean I'm right, even though you need to be able to prove me wrong in order to present an argument. :)

And no, I don't take any drugs. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Science adapts as new theories are proven. Religion sticks it's fingers in it's ears and goes la la la.

I see religion like a racial parent figure. When your little and all alone in the dark you call on your parents for comfort. But when you grow up you have to take responsibility for yourself. Otherwise your potential will be stifled.

I think Marx had a point too when he called religion the opiate of the masses. If it was proven that your existence ended with death people would be a lot more inclined to make the most of it. Rather than believing that "you will get your reward in heaven" stuff.

Besides if you study the religions over time (right back to the neolithic and bronze age) you can see how they have evolved as the race has evolved.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

1.  Where did we come from (how did we get here as human beings)?

a faulty time machine experiment sent a group of people back thousands of years in time and thus a vicious cycle was formed

2.  What is the purpose of life (How do we know why we are here)?

the purposse of life is death, why else would it always end that way

3. How should we live?

it doesn't matter

4.  What happens we when die?

you die... when you die you die what the hell kind of question is this it's like asking what happens when you sit, when you sit you sit and when you die you die

5.  How did you arrive at that conclusion?

which one?

6.  What is your impression of Christians?

belief is a stupid concept for the weak and clueless

7.  What, if anything, would change you views?

why would i do that they're perfect

sorry for not taking this all too seriously but what the hell kind of stupid homework is this

1.  Where did we come from (how did we get here as human beings)?

I don't know for certain.

2.  What is the purpose of life (How do we know why we are here)?

Life has no purpose, it isn't a subject so it can't have a purpose like a person can have a purpose, or a tool can have a purpose. If you're asking what purpose human beings have, I'd say none other than what they choose for themselves.

3. How should we live?

With least harm to another person. Golden Rule and all that.

4.  What happens we when die?

I don't know. You don't know. And no one knows.

5.  How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Lack of evidence either way.

6.  What is your impression of Christians?

They are strange creatures, sometimes. As with all people wholly engaged in religious belief, I find it fascinating (in a non-insulting way) how people can give themselves over to the same. However, I know of Christians whose personal identities have been subsumed by their religion. I know Christians who have distinct and unique personalities. So I must say that Christians are like the rest of everybody.

7.  What, if anything, would change you views?

More evidence and age.

1. Where did we come from (how did we get here as human beings)?

Evolution. Big Bang (A gigantic collision of particles with anti-particles, simple chance of it occuring)

2. What is the purpose of life (How do we know why we are here)?

The purpose of life is to create as many great people as possible. The purpose of life is expansion, Der Wille zur macht. The Great Men will drive this expansion, and it is the purpose of the 'complacent mass' to support them in their quest

3. How should we live?

Seeking knowledge, assisting others in scientific, cultural et caetera expansion

4. What happens when we die?

We are biological machines. When we die, our brain seizes to function, and our brain activity seizes. It is like a computer calculating PI for hours after another, and than getting it's power cut.

5. How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Logic. Occam's razor. The existence of an omnipotent, omniscient being creating us, and giving us a soul that elevates to eden, where it will live an eternal death of beauty and pleasure is less likely than my above hypothesis.

6. What is your impression of Christians?

My general impression of man, really. Some are ignorant, some use their Christian religion in an effort to further mankind. I regret that their moral system conflicts with my Nietzschean view.

7. What, if anything, would change you views?

My views? Regarding theology? Proof. Proof of afterlife, proof of God, proof of creationism.

Mr U

I don't believe in any kind of religion (that includes science).. since they are all made by humans, and they (humans) have a tendency to be quite erroneous!

but nonetheless .. religion is a fascinating subject, when taken with the same amount of significance as any other fairytale (again including science).. especially because you see how fabricated it all really is, when you start making cross-references to other close religions ..

Fortune favors the bald.

accident. evolved from single cell organisms...

absolutely nothing. there is no point to evolution or life, so just make the best out of it...

3. How should we live?

in 2 foot clay huts... who cares!

no one knows, but we probably cease to excist. we die and that's it.

common sense and logic.

eh, i don't know. weird?

if god himself came down and gave me a million dollars...

nothing wrong with those views .. a combination of already established philosophies ..

but this one could be a little dangerous:

"What is good and what is evil?

The evolutionary mechanism of natural selection makes an implicit distinction between "good" or "fit" situations (those which survive in the long term), and "bad" or "unfit" ones (those which are eliminated sooner or later). Therefore, we might equate good or higher values with anything that contributes to survival and the continuation of the process of evolution, and evil with anything that destroys, kills or thwarts the development of fit systems."

so thereby homosexuals are evil, so are anyone else not fit for evolution (mentally ill, the sick, handicapped etc.) ...

Fortune favors the bald.

nothing wrong with those views .. a combination of already established philosophies ..

but this one could be a little dangerous:

"What is good and what is evil?

The evolutionary mechanism of natural selection makes an implicit distinction between "good" or "fit" situations (those which survive in the long term), and "bad" or "unfit" ones (those which are eliminated sooner or later). Therefore, we might equate good or higher values with anything that contributes to survival and the continuation of the process of evolution, and evil with anything that destroys, kills or thwarts the development of fit systems."

so thereby homosexuals are evil, so are anyone else not fit for evolution (mentally ill, the sick, handicapped etc.) ...

I don't find those dangerous. I just find them random. Associating 'good' with what is evolutionarily efficient is not more logical than associating it with hot dogs with double chili. The whole reasoning's logic is utterly flawed. Other than the human judgements applied to it (ie. what's good and what's bad), the paragraph's absolutely correct. Just change 'good' for 'efficient', and you got it.

It turns out that our so vaunted moral scale of good and evil is just a random conception that somebody made up to help themselves feel better in the face of an unforgiving nature or perhaps ease social relations with other human beings. There's no such a thing as good or evil in nature and there's not even an unanimous consensus about what is good and what is evil among human beings. You are just evaluating those from the value scheme you have received due to the conditions you've grown in. That doesn't make you right, the same way it doesn't make you wrong. You are just a product of the circumstances. :o

Ok, enough with the brain fart already.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

In Buddhism (I',m :wub: ),I could got here and being dog, cat, rat, Hook worm. But I'm not. I got human being form because of my doing in the past and past life (even good or bad) which you know karma.

So where did I came from? I don't know... Because I don't know of my past life.

They said nirvana, 'don't fall into such emotion as happy, sad, lust, pride, anger etc at all' status ,is our goal of living in this world. But I still can't do and think that it's almost impossible to me.

So what's purpose?...You all should feel moment of heaven or hell in your heart at least once in your life. Pleasure from doing good that fill your heart. Regret from doing bad that break your heart.

I think my purpose of life is living with that pleasure.

I'll live until I feel my life was done.

3. How should we live?

Live good. Know your enough. Don't hurt the other

No talking of hell and heaven. I refuse to believe that, and agree that it's in our heart. No plain of fire or Deluxe masion with our lovely dead relative in the cloud. Pain from regreting is enough.

For now I think nothing happen but silence and cold, really nothing.

I'm not zealot. I don't have strong believe to that wisdom they teach me, just differentiate these wisdom and choose to let some of them guide my life.

My mind is like M&M chocolate. I chose to eat red dots and green dots and dump the others, while someone could choose to eat yellows and browns.

So how? It's about choosing, to believe what i want.

Though I'm not Christian, and know little about that.

Art and Ceremony of christianity amaze me. it's look sacred ^^

Clearly things I see and it's tell me directly into my brain that i completely wrong.

Nothing stand forever, no matter what is it. Not even my believe.