Where did the game go bad

Where did the game sort of unravle for you?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Where did the game sort of unravle for you?

• Begining (astriod mining station)
    • Telos
    • Nar Shadda
    • Koriban
    • Dantoine
    • Duxon/Onderon
    • End Sequence (Dantoine revisit, Ravenger, Atris, Malachor 5)

heheh cant vote cause you left out my answer!

I dont think the game went bad, just the ending (Malacor 5 on) was somewhat a let down.

I actually liked the Ravager part of story. Like others I wish Nim had played a larger role but the actual Ravager sequence was pretty well done (the meditation chamber for Visas was great and added to the storyline ALOT).

Same goes for Dant, while the Jedi Council didnt truely make a great amount of sence to me (as a LS jedi), and Vrook is a SITH, it still wasnt terrible (the cut screen as you enter the enclave area was fantastic).

The battle from one end of Telos to tthe other was kinda a waste but it was short so forgivable.

That just leaves Malacor V and the Sith Temple that were let downs really.

from the moment you land on malachor.

for me, thats when the story ended and the "endless fighting" began. it had a bit more story elements than kotor1 on the star forge, but basically was very similar in that you knew the end was coming and all that remained was fighting an endless parade of bad guys until you got to the end boss.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but on Malcor5 can you have you partymember with you?

Nope you have to go through it on your own. Mira follows you if your lightside but the exile isn't aware she is following him. And remote also goes through his own little mission while on the planet but all three are seporate.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but on Malcor5 can you have you partymember with you?

Nope you have to go through it on your own. Mira follows you if your lightside but the exile isn't aware she is following him. And remote also goes through his own little mission while on the planet but all three are seporate.

one of the reasons why im torn between whether i like malachor or the star forge better.

atleast on the star forge you could bring a couple of party members, and canderous gives his "heartwarming" speech about being by your side no matter what.

in kotor2, once you reach malachor your party members are no longer a part of the story (in terms of what the exile sees and interacts with).

What bothered me the most was to loose control over my party members and my destination too many times, especially in the final sequence of events:

After meeting the Jedi Masters on Dantoine I was thrown in the Ebon Hawk right away and then without having any control on the events, I found myself in front of Atris. After Atris, I found myself on Citadel Station and then the Ravager and Malachor without being able to control anything. I understand the designers wanted the story to follow a certain sequence of events but I think that it diminished the role play elelment of the game. Why not let me have the control of the Ebon Hawk like in Kotor 1? Even between the Unkown world and the Star Forge I had some control. I like to be able to return to the Hawk when I'm ready, be able to at least talk to my npcs on board the Ebon Hawk and be able to use the workbench, unequip/equip my party members.

That being said, I still enjoyed the game a lot but if there is a Kotor 3, I wish they will let you have more control on this kind of elements.

I enjoyed the game a lot, but by the time I hit Malachor V I was like, okay lets wrap this up. Then when I did finish I thought I did something wrong because the game just sort of came to an abrupt halt.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

**MAJOR SPOILERS READ AT YOUR PERIL**

I consider this too long to put the whole thing in 'Spoiler' brackets sorry.

Anyway I thought it was great right up until Malachor V (Well I was a bit confused where the Koonda Militia and the Onderon Military came from on Telos when the Sith attacked <_< ) then there were some design and writing issues:

1. Cheap gimmick how Exile ends up alone on Malachor V. Game did not even bother to say what happened to the rest of the group. Dont even know if the Exile was tossed from the Ebon Hawk when it crashed (and what a *groan* moment that was, like anything could have survived a crash like that!) or if he exited on his own or what?

2. If you are LS Mira tracks you...but never catches up. What happens to her and how she reached the Ebon hawk to escape are never mentioned. I figured she would be joining you for the final battles but no. Considering this why did Kreia go through all the effort of bringing Hanharr there to hunt her? :thumbsup:

3. Somehow the Remote gets separated from Bao Dur. What happens to Bao Dur and how did this happen? Then GOTO somehow finds the remote and then...er...somehow either the planet blows up or it doesn't. Also it looks like the planet starts to collapse right after Kreia dies if you are LS, before you even give the signal to the Remote and GOTO. WTF? How poorly done was that?

4. The Ebon Hawk somehow breaks free from its rocky perch and falls. You could imagine that this enables them to get it working again and fly off before it hits the ground but that would assume that the Ebon hawk somehow suffered no damage from its crash or that there was anybody on board at the time. The significance of this scene is omitted completely and the Ebon Hawk somehow miraculously appears at the end...we can only guess what happened.

5. Before you confront Sion the Malachor surface and the Traya Academy are just boring hack fests. Nothing interesting or memorable about these levels at all. Nobody to talk to, no computers, no puzzles...nothing. Boring design.

Basically besides the confrontation with Traya and Sion the whole thing is embarrasingly bad and boring and completely out of step with the quality of the rest of the game. It would be nice to have some statement about what was originally planned to happen on Malachor V because surely this was not it.

I voted for the end. It was just so disappointing. I mean the thing with Kreia was good but, like a few people have said, you just slash your way through a ton of guys and there's really nothing to it. I think the Trayus Academy could've been an interesting level if there would have been more to it.

Another thing that got me about the end was the fact that you don't see anyone from the group again (aside from Mira and the two droids but I thought that wa pointless too), it's just the Ebon Hawk flying off...I hated that! I sat there going "That can't possibly be all there is." But it was.

Korriban was too empty but it was going bad after the return to dantooine. It felt rushed at malachor V. There were too many loose ends. What happend to Mira and how can it be that the Ebon Hawk recovers from the fall without a scratch and save you. But the rest of the game was great.

"Nothing's perfect. This world is not perfect, but it's there for us trying the best it can. That's what makes it so beautiful."