Neon Genesis: Evangelion

Darth Jebus

I just bought the first six episodes of this on DVD over the weekend and I'm totally hooked. I'm glad I bought it and I can't wait to see the other twenty episodes. Great writing, good story, and well-developed characters. I'm all over this.

"Launch Eva!" :p

I figured I'll come here and ask questions about the series and the movie if I ever get confused on something or another, which I'm sure I will. If anyone even cares, that is.

Anyway, I just felt like sharing that.

Since I prefer mangas over animes, I have purchased all NGE comic books released to this date (9 only). Having watched a few episodes from the anime, I believe that the manga is better done, the characters are well worked (they are a lot more complex than in the cartoon) and the intrigue is x100 more interesting.

The only problem with this author is that he only gives some clues here and there, and you can't be sure about anything that happens in the story. I have read somewhere that he intends to make a different ending than the one from the anime. I don't know what it will be though since I don't know how ended the cartoon.

Anyway, NGE is quite enjoyable even though with its incredibly complex story (japanese love such things, something that I cannot understand).

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The only problem with this author is that he only gives some clues here and there, and you can't be sure about anything that happens in the story. I have read somewhere that he intends to make a different ending than the one from the anime. I don't know what it will be though since I don't know how ended the cartoon.

So after the manga ending the series would have four different endings... Go Hideaki Anno Go! :D

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

So after the manga ending the series would have four different endings... Go Hideaki Anno Go! :D

What was the 3rd? Series, Movie, ?, Manga

The ending to the series was VERY anticlimactic. I preferred the movie.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Great series, endingS and all.

...well, suffice to say, that despite all the comlaints about the ending for TSL, nothing can match those of Neon Genesis: Evengelion.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Japanese Mangas are pretty fun.

Everyone here should read Berserk by Kentauro Miura. You know its gonna be good when the you start out with a guy getting it on with a hot girl and then she turns into this Demon-monster thing and the guy blows her head off.

But its much more than pure violence. Love, Honor, Betrayal of the worst kind, Vengeance and some pretty deep philosophy.

I think Darkhorse distributes it. There is an animated series for it as well.

I watch a fair amount of anime, rarely have I gone out and gotten the manga(surprisingly Akira being one of them), I prefer comic books, Evangelion though is one of the best anime series, I had alot of fun watching these, but then I love giant robots.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

This is very true. I tend to give them some slack though since they ran out of money and basically had to cobble it together from whatever material they could reuse.

Also, Akira the manga is so much better than the movie it's not funny.

And Berserk is indeed excellent, even if it might make a dodgy initial impression.

What was the 3rd? Series, Movie, ?, Manga

There

Devastatorsig.jpg

Everyone here should read Berserk by Kentauro Miura. You know its gonna be good when the you start out with a guy getting it on with a hot girl and then she turns into this Demon-monster thing and the guy blows her head off.

But its much more than pure violence. Love, Honor, Betrayal of the worst kind, Vengeance and some pretty deep philosophy.

Or you can start with the serie :thumbsup: .

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

Gainax rules! Evangelion and Furi Kuri are my favorite animes.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hmm? I have been told death and rebirth was the orginal meant to be ending for evangelion.

Nope, the first half, Death, is just a recap of the series, told in like 45 minutes. Then the 2nd part, Rebirth, is End of Evangelion up to the point where Asuka fights the production series.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I have the Berserk anime series. I really enjoyed it, despite the ending (One of those cases where the anime only covered the mangas that were done at the time? A cutoff for a second series/season? *shrugs*). One of my favorite anime series to date in any case.

I have the Berserk anime series. I really enjoyed it, despite the ending (One of those cases where the anime only covered the mangas that were done at the time? A cutoff for a second series/season? *shrugs*). One of my favorite anime series to date in any case.

That's most likely the case. I read the Manga that's translated from Japanese to Korean, and it usually comes out a lot faster than in the States. Lets see, the last issue I read is #30. There's been a lot of development since the end of the anime series. The manga is still being published periodically and the story still has some ways to go until the inevitable confrontation.

The Japanese Mangas have a lot of variety to them. Everything from romance to pirates, boxing to huge robots. Not a lot of superhero comics though.

I tend to hate angsty main characters(except Robin :) ), and therefore haven't really spend time to watch this anime/manga. I mean, angst, teenage-likeness, big robots and prophesied saviors? Clich

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds