"Again, we live in different countries."

And?

"Have you ever been to Kazakhstan?"

No.

"Have you ever even heard this name?"

Yes.

"We have a VERY different situation with trade and stuff."

Don't make exuses.

"What's freaking day-by-day routine for you, for us it's like some extraordinary thing."

Aww.. Poor baby. You are breaking my heart. We are talking about computers and games; not food and water. If it was the latter, I'd be more understanding; but isn't so stop with the sob story.

"Hands off from Troika! They made some really great games, albeit way too buggy. But hell, they are cool still

Arcanum, Bloodlines, ToEE...."

Arcanum is great. Bloodlines is good. TOEE sucks.

It doesn't matter. If Troika crashes; it's their fault and they deserve it. If they succeeded; it is Troika's fault and they deserve it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I would like very much to see you with the short end of the stick Volourn too see if you had the same pompous speech."

I cannot afford a jaguar. I'm gonna go steal one now. It's my right to, afterall. Once again, we'r enot discussing soemthing that is neccessary for survival; but computers and games. It's not like he'll die if he doesn't play games, ya know. I often go without games if I can't pay for them.

As for me 'having the short end of the stick'; who knows how I'd be if I live elsewhere. Unfortunately, or fortunately no one choose where they are born so I'm not play guessing 'what if' games. It solves nothing.

Aww.. Poor baby. You are breaking my heart. We are talking about computers and games; not food and water.

You (or someone else) told me to buy games via inet. Well, it's not that easy here, alright? At least for me.

Again, if there are licensed version, I buy them gladly. If not: it's publisher's problems.

So stop acting like a freaking paladin defender of the developer's money.

And concerning games: well, tastes differ. Although I agree: ToEE is full crap story-wise, but the combat system is the best among DnD CRPGs.

I never take offense. It's the net.

"And who said that I consider ToEE an RPG? It's just a tactical adventure."

It's a RPG. Don't chnage the meaning of the word. It's a RPG with good combat, and poor story and characters.

Ah, another "I can't afford everything I want, therefore I have a right to steal it!" argument.

Gotta love the hubris involved. God forbid anyone not be able to instantly claim anything and everything their little heart desires. Why, stealing is not just reasonable, it's a God-given right! w00t!

[/sarcasm]

Damn, EVERYBODY in Russia/Kazakhstan "steal" games and other soft/movies! On one of my favorite forums there is an FTP where dozenss of CD images of games wait to be DLed.

Nobody sells licensed versions, unless there is an actual licensed Russian localization, which is not very often.

So, there are three options: go to store, buy a pirated copy, go to inet and buy licensed copy via web-stores, or go to inet and download the game's cd contents.

"Damn, EVERYBODY in Russia/Kazakhstan "steal" games and other soft/movies!"

Damn. Everyone in Kanada has sex with their mothers. I should go do the same.

Yup. You should go have sex with their mothers. :geek:"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Damn, EVERYBODY in Russia/Kazakhstan  "steal" games and other soft/movies!  On one of my favorite forums there is an FTP where dozenss of CD images of games wait to be DLed.

Nobody sells licensed versions, unless there is an actual licensed Russian localization, which is not very often.

So, there are three options: go to store, buy a pirated copy, go to inet and buy licensed copy via web-stores, or go to inet and download the game's cd contents.

Wow. An entire country of thieves. Not just most people, mind you, but EVERYBODY in the country is a thief. Your moms must all be so proud!

"Wow. An entire country of thieves. Not just most people, mind you, but EVERYBODY in the country is a thief. Your moms must all be so proud!"

To be fair, if EVERYBODY in the country is a theif than that would include the moms too... So, yeah, their moms would be proud.. their babies are following in their honourable footsteps. :D

Well, obviously! If EVERYBODY in the country is a thief, then EVERYBODY'S momma has taught them to be thieves, so naturally they'd be proud of their thieving progeny! After all, it's the parents who teach morals... or lack thereof... to their children in the first place.

But I'll certainly keep in mind to avoid this country of thieves when I book my next vacation spot! :-

One point of clarification is needed here: piracy is not theft, it is "pattern copying". Stealing is when you physically take an object that doesn't belong to you (like driving off with someone elses car) and cause someone (usually) innocent a lot of grief. Pattern copying doesn't affect anyone else directly, but is harmful for the entire industry in the long run because of lost incomes (the losses, by the way, are extremely difficult to calculate correctly).

Also, there are different levels of piracy. Stores selling pirated copies of games/music/movies are the worst kind, while the kid downloading a game he couldn't possibly afford is of a lesser kind.

Don't be so hasty to call someone a thief.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!