Gamespot Rumor: Troika shutting its doors

Gryphcon

"Aah, the liar strikes again. I seriously don't think anyone thinks that Gothic's combat is the best ever. The same goes for its AI. But since noone on these forums has ever said anything like it, the point is moot. At least the AI in Gothic is better than the one in NWN"

You did, for starters. And, anyone who claims that Gothic's AI is better than NWN's is quite frankly full of it.

"Hey, Volourn, here's an idea: how about you actually play the game before bashing it? You really should try it sometime, liar."

R00fles! Is that your best? Someone says something negative about a game you like; youa ccuse them of NOT playing it. I hope it keeps you warm at night; as it doesn't make the dumb Gothic AI any smarter. R00fles!

"Sure they would game stores do it all the time. Thats why things sit on the shelves for months and sometimes years.If it's not in their top seller charts, well one can conclude thats because the game isnt selling."

Huh? A game doesn't have to be a top seller to be selling. As longa s it sells; it is selling. You lose. Nowhere did I claim that BL was still a 'top seller' thopugh Ellester did. Discuss that issue with him. Don't confuse the issues.

"Look at the awards! It's one of the best RPGs of the past two years."

Yeah. it couldn't even beat a 4-6 hour module for a 2 and a half year old game for Best RPG 2004. R00fles!

"Plus, consider illegal sales also I have a pirated version "

You are thief. That is worse than Mkreku calling me a lair. At least him claling someone lair doesn't hurt anyone; but youa re stealing someone;'s money.

You are thief. You should be banned. Than imprisoned. Or at least fined 3 times the actual full price of the game. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Aahh, ok, thanks. Let's hope they have some good news instead of confirming these death rumours surrounding them. What if they just want to annoounce that they've secured a publisher for their new post apocalyptic title? :p

That might not be too far off the mark. I bet they are still trying to do some last minute deals with a publisher before announcing their fate. If they knew they were out of options we probably would have already heard a statement.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Youa re theif. You should be banned. Than imprisoned. Or at least fined 3 times the actual full price of the game.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Man, you crackin' me up!

It's not my freaking fault that there is no CIS publisher here! First live in my country, then speak.

"Sure they would game stores do it all the time. Thats why things sit on the shelves for months and sometimes years.If it's not in their top seller charts, well one can conclude thats because the game isnt selling."

Huh? A game doesn't have to be a top seller to be selling. As longa s it sells; it is selling. You lose. Nowhere did I claim that BL was still a 'top seller' thopugh Ellester did. Discuss that issue with him. Don't confuse the issues.

You claimed it was selling but you cant actually back that up. I dont see any reason to believe it is selling. One would have thought using capitals for the word selling would have clued you in to the particular usage of the word. But apparently not.

So while the odd copy may be trickling off the shelves in your particular area it's not SELLING is it. :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You are thief. That is worse than Mkreku calling me a lair. At least him claling someone lair doesn't hurt anyone; but youa re stealing someone;'s money.

You are thief. You should be banned. Than imprisoned. Or at least fined 3 times the actual full price of the game

Then all your games are original aren't they? Volo

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

Youa re theif. You should be banned. Than imprisoned. Or at least fined 3 times the actual full price of the game.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Man, you crackin' me up!

It's not my freaking fault that there is no CIS publisher here! First live in my country, then speak.

Your still breaking the rules of the board. Dont be suprised if you get banned.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"Then all your games are original aren't they? Volo"

Yes. I don't pirate. Period.

"So while the odd copy may be trickling off the shelves in your particular area it's not SELLING is it."

Trickling? Nice try. If one is sold; the game is selling at that price. Period. Once again, i never said Bl was a top seller. That was Ellester. You are arguing the wrong thing with the wrong person here. Sorry.

"ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Man, you crackin' me up!

It's not my freaking fault that there is no CIS publisher here! First live in my country, then speak."

Your country of original is irreleavnt when it comes to stealing. If you took something that you do not know without paying for it or recieving it from the rightful owener; youa re stealing. Period. And, when it comes to games, there is no justification what-so-ever that is acceptable. None.

Trickling? Nice try. If one is sold; the game is selling at that price. Period. Once again, i never said Bl was a top seller. That was Ellester. You are arguing the wrong thing with the wrong person here. Sorry.

Not big on the whole business definitions are we. :D

478327[/snapback]

Then all your games are original aren't they? Volo"

Yes. I don't pirate. Period.

Well man, I only have original 50% the other 50% are the games with I played (in other words copies done by me of the games I bought) because when my cds will be bad for the use the company will not give me then again. But in Spain with the new law you even can't do your own security copy <_< , then they are pirate games.

"Well man, I only have original 50% the other 50% are the games with I played (in other words copies done by me of the games I bought) because when my cds will be bad for the use the company will not give me then again. But in Spain with the new law you even can't do your own security copy , then they are pirate games."

As far as I know, you are legally allowed to make 'back up copies' of games you buy in stores as long as its for personal use. <>

"Well man, I only have original 50% the other 50% are the games with I played (in other words copies done by me of the games I bought) because when my cds will be bad for the use the company will not give me then again. But in Spain with the new law you even can't do your own security copy  , then they are pirate games."

As far as I know, you are legally allowed to make 'back up copies' of games you buy in stores as long as its for personal use. <>

Not since our last "ley de propiedad intelectual", the SGAE knows how to fu*k us, first, we are all pirates and for that there is a new tax on the cds and dvds, now they want put it in the HD and Internet too, and with the last law the back ups are history.

It's pointless blaming customers. We have no other choice but to buy pirated copies.

You could buy them through the Internet. It's just you don't want to.

Not since our last "ley de propiedad intelectual", the SGAE knows how to fu*k us, first, we are all pirates and for that there is a new tax on the cds and dvds, now they want put it in the HD and Internet too, and with the last law the back ups are history.

No.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"It's pointless blaming customers. We have no other choice but to buy pirated copies."

You aren't a customer if youa re stealing the product.

Like NumberYou said, you can always buy off the 'net. And,w e both know you have access to the net and a good computer - after you played BL so don't bother denying it.

OH, nowww..... now I'm done for........

Conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!

you gotttttmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Like NumberYou said, you can always buy off the 'net.

This is crap! You guys out there can go shop a lil and buy the freaking game no problem, and I'm to buy it thru interenet, bother with those freaking cards and stuff?

No thanks.

If there are licensed copies here, I buy them. If not - it's not my problem.

Wow, topic degeneration at its best. :rolleyes:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

You're right. It's companies like Troika's problem.

R00fles!

Face it, you are a thief! You cna make exuses to the mermaids come to my bedroom; it won't change that fact.

It's supposed to be "You can make exuses until the mermaids come to my bedroom".

The other way can mean so many *shiver* things... :lol:

"Volourn, you remind me of those anti-Napster activists"

It's a good thing for you I'm too lazy to actually come after you. <>