Gamespot Rumor: Troika shutting its doors

Gryphcon

I was just in CompUSA two days ago. Bloodlines was $49.99 and was the 8th best selling game of the month (They have the top 15 games always out in the front).

I strongly suspect that CompUSA just picks game at random for that shelf. The local CompUSA had DX:IW as the number three seller when I was in there last summer.

Bottom line: Vampire: The Masquerade has not once shown up on the NPD top 20 charts in the two and half months since it's been out. I'd imagine that means it's not selling to well.

"Bottom line: Vampire: The Masquerade has not once shown up on the NPD top 20 charts in the two and half months since it's been out. I'd imagine that means it's not selling to well."

Simply not true. It was top 20 (I think 12th on the list) during the first month or at least one of the weeks then.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And now, the award for most homoerotic thread goes to...

Couldn't have said it better.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well, Volo started this ridiculous arguement, anyway.

Alright, let's stop this crap and return to the subject of this here thread, shall we?

Well, I still think that Troika is doing fine. Their new title is alone a proof that they are still in business. Perhaps some management problems, but I guess they'll overcome them quickly.

Troika Games offers a great, down-to-earth work environment where your creativity can flourish. We work as a team, so in addition to your basic job, you will be able to contribute to all aspects of game development.

Employment with Troika Games will also get you the following:

A highly competitive salary

Retirement plan with company matching

Medical, dental and supplemental insurance plans

2 weeks paid vacation per year

PROFIT SHARING! - get a share of the games you help create

OMG! Si teh communism!!! Me thinka Troika wassa put down by teh CIA

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Actually profit sharing is pretty common with developers. One of the few jobs were you can partake in profit sharing or receive shares of the company. That

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Like NumberYou said, you can always buy off the 'net.

This is crap! You guys out there can go shop a lil and buy the freaking game no problem, and I'm to buy it thru interenet, bother with those freaking cards and stuff?

No thanks.

If there are licensed copies here, I buy them. If not - it's not my problem.

Worst excuse ever. I do most my buying off the internet because A) It's cheaper. B) It's more convenient anyway. All you do is put your user information in, and the game shows up at your door. Takes LESS time than going to the game store. :blink:"

Worst excuse ever.  I do most my buying off the internet because A) It's cheaper.  B)  It's more convenient anyway.  All you do is put your user information in, and the game shows up at your door.  Takes LESS time than going to the game store.  :thumbsup:"

not to mention you dont have to interact with...what are they called? oh yeah...real life people in public. :ph34r:

Worst excuse ever.  I do most my buying off the internet because A) It's cheaper.  B)  It's more convenient anyway.  All you do is put your user information in, and the game shows up at your door.  Takes LESS time than going to the game store.  :thumbsup:"

not to mention you dont have to interact with...what are they called? oh yeah...real life people in public. :ph34r:

I like the dudes at the local EB Games, it's more a matter of cost efficiency.

i dont. they try to be all buddy buddy as if weve known each other for years.

"hey man, hows it going?"

"fine"

"picking up kotor2 eh? loved it. me and my buds played it all weekend"

"uh...ok."

"so are you a big star wars fan? the new movie looks pretty good"

"just....let.....me....pay....and....leave....you....freak"

i dont. they try to be all buddy buddy as if weve known each other for years.

"hey man, hows it going?"

"fine"

"picking up kotor2 eh? loved it. me and my buds played it all weekend"

"uh...ok."

"so are you a big star wars fan? the new movie looks pretty good"

"just....let.....me....pay....and....leave....you....freak"

Eh...no fun. Sounds like you've got a case of the overtly friendly clerk. Shotguns are in order.

its always the male clerks that do that.  theres one hot female clerk that works at eb in the mall, but shes all business.  not stuck up, just not overly chatty.  she just does her job.

Heh. Looks like you've got the 'right' stuff... for the wrong people. :thumbsup:"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"PROFIT SHARING! - get a share of the games you help create"

WARNING TO POTENTIAL GAME DVELOEPRS: Do not sign such a contract with a dev company about to release a bucnh of their employees. It is a very unwise move.

R00fles!

My EB employees are always cool. Freindly, polite, and solid business wise. Awesome. :-

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

[FURIOUS OFF-TOPIC MODE = ON]

Worst excuse ever. I do most my buying off the internet because A) It's cheaper. B) It's more convenient anyway. All you do is put your user information in, and the game shows up at your door. Takes LESS time than going to the game store.

Again, we live in different countries. Have you ever been to Kazakhstan? Have you ever even heard this name?

We have a VERY different situation with trade and stuff. What's freaking day-by-day routine for you, for us it's like some extraordinary thing.

So, think before you post.

[FURIOUS OFF-TOPIC MODE = OFF]