ANOUNCEMENT!! KOTOR III Is On The Way!!!!!

Ok. After much thought I have finally come to the conclusion that it wouldn't work. Why? Because it would outright suck. :))

We might disagree a bit, but not only are you right, you're pretty damn funny

The only way I could see bringing in Revan into the whole deal is if you where asked once again what he did in the first game and then he might be your teacher or something, but thats a little too much mucky muck for me and hopefully anyone with good taste

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

yes it would just because that you have not thought through what it would or really could do to the saga is just short sighted on your part think about it!

man...un-thought out enthusiasm is so nice sometimes.

What level did you end KOTOR at? Then in KOTOR 2 they say that Revan took off past the outer rims to battle a threat there. Drawing from EU, there is a nearly uncrossable barrier at the edge of the galaxy, so Revan had to be pretty damn powerful to get past it.

Where do you go from here game mechanics wise? Does he start off with just the jedi powers that the average character ended with? Does he have a different generic set of jedi powers? How about the skill points that most players built up? Even if Revan totally took teh exile path and cut himself off from the force they would still have the skills they had worked so hard to learn.

Face it, there is no plausible gameplay way Revan could be the main character in KOTOR 3 without either A) being mindwiped....again. B) Suffering Amnesia C) being a character who...IS A CLONE OF REVAN!!

All of those suck. The idea of being Revan in KOTOR 3 sucks. I know change is rough, but buck up and start thinking of new types of main characters.

cheers

I have no Problem that thay may not be able to do it I think that it would be a great Idea, I know that revan Probably wont be the main char. but I liked revans Different past. And I have Finished the game several times in all of the ways that Cand be done.

I still Think that revan should at least be in kotor3 perhaps as a npc.

And you can dissagree with me on this but I would like to see him back.

Even in Full power It would be cool :p:p:p:p:p

well, even as an NPC it would be too much of a hassle. Which portrait did you use? Is it the same head i used? How about Hades? Do we just have him in his Sith mask get-up? But what about the folks who played KOTOR 1 lightside?

i'm sure he'll be referrenced and he may even show up in a holovid or a cutscene...but the odds of him being an NPC is pretty much slim to none.

yes it would just because that you have not thought through what it would or really could do to the saga is just short sighted on your part think about it!

man...un-thought out enthusiasm is so nice sometimes.

What level did you end KOTOR at? Then in KOTOR 2 they say that Revan took off past the outer rims to battle a threat there. Drawing from EU, there is a nearly uncrossable barrier at the edge of the galaxy, so Revan had to be pretty damn powerful to get past it.

Where do you go from here game mechanics wise? Does he start off with just the jedi powers that the average character ended with? Does he have a different generic set of jedi powers? How about the skill points that most players built up? Even if Revan totally took teh exile path and cut himself off from the force they would still have the skills they had worked so hard to learn.

Face it, there is no plausible gameplay way Revan could be the main character in KOTOR 3 without either A) being mindwiped....again. B) Suffering Amnesia C) being a character who...IS A CLONE OF REVAN!!

All of those suck. The idea of being Revan in KOTOR 3 sucks. I know change is rough, but buck up and start thinking of new types of main characters.

cheers

Agreed. If you're to meet Revan and the Exile in KotOR III, the options should be:

1) You have to fight them during the game.

2) Cameo appearances only.

3) Joinable as a party member for only a short period of time (lets say, for one area, letting them to show off how uber-powerful they are).

In order to make everyone unhappy, they should have a level that's not at a numerical level. It should only say, i.e. "Jedi Master/Sith Lord: lvl N/A".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I Did not Know that it was hinted on in tsl that revan gets stronger in the force.

but like I said you could have him turn away from thejedi way.

without becoming a super Uber char.

Okay, explain how in d20 Star Wars game mechanics.

d20?

Are you that clueless? The rules system that KotOR is based on.

Just caught this thread.

If Obsidian is making another Bioware game, I'm outta here... That, or I'm bring Ouchy back.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Just ****ing kill them off in the opening cinematic and be done with it.  They're VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS, not extensions of your life.  Play the next game and hope it's better than the previous ones.

That would just be a poor excuse of bad writing.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Why, because your beloved video game character, Revan got smashed in the opening cinematic? It wouldn't be the first time heros have died in movies or games, and when it does happen, it's rarely ever chalked up to bad writing.

It's the easiest way to shut people up about "MY REVAN WAS THIS AND THAT!". They can just say, no, your Revan is dead, get over it and play the new character.

Why, because your beloved video game character, Revan got smashed in the opening cinematic? It wouldn't be the first time heros have died in movies or games, and when it does happen, it's rarely ever chalked up to bad writing.

It's the easiest way to shut people up about "MY REVAN WAS THIS AND THAT!". They can just say, no, your Revan is dead, get over it and play the new character.

Nope, that would still be the easy way out when you lack the talent to write a proper sequel (I never said anything about playing Revan/the Exile as a lead character)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Nope, that would still be the easy way out when you lack the talent to write a proper sequel (I never said anything about playing Revan/the Exile as a lead character)

I never said you did.

/sarcasm

But yes, like I said, killing off your beloved Revan would be instant bad writing, and could not possibly be written into a good storyline...

/end sarcasm

Just caught this thread.

If Obsidian is making another Bioware game, I'm outta here..

:huh:

But, at least leave Ashley behind. She can really shake it down. ^_^

What the f-ck are you talking about?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

god just grasp the fact that you start a game weak, thats just how it is. if you let that silly little fact annoy you then its your fault your not enjoying the game.

God give me patience ...

Reading this messages makes me covert to any deity that can save me from reading such ... silliness.

Now WERE DID I STATED I WANTED TO START AS LV10?

Lets ignore the fact BG2 started around lv10, lets also ignore that HotU was a sequel to SoU even in terms of level since that was not what I was saying.

What I said was since KotOR ended at lv 20 and TSL ended at lv 30 the part NPCs are too powerful to be used in any sequel, downgrade of level is a stupid anoying thing that always break suspension of belief.

KotOR was not designed for a sequel, KotOR II story was designed for a sequel but with the insane power levels of the end its impossible for a sequel to use the same party members without downgrading the game to power levels that COMPLETLY BREAK THE COMBAT SYSTEM, as pointed out the "epic levels" already screwed up TSL balance system.

You do realise whatever the level it says on the screen really has jack to do with what level you might be in truth. What I mean is they could have it set up to show on the screen as the PC being level 25 when you start the game (refering to starting KOTOR 3 as the exile) but in reality your really only level 1 as far the the game is concerned. That way it fixes the balace issues your mentioned above but also allow them to bring back said "over powered" characters from past games. .

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png