Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What game have you wanted more than

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Darth Reven

Darth Reven

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 199 posts
What game have you ever wanted more than any other game? Were you disapointed? Mine was Halo 2 and i was disaponted :thumbsup: .

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6523 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
NWN. I Bought it on the day of release and was terribly disappointed with it.

sawyl

sawyl

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 54 posts
Baldur's Gate 3. :thumbsup:

deganawida

deganawida

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 778 posts
The Black Hound, also known as The Jefferson Project and, later, BG3. It was being produced by BIS before it was canceled. The game looked as if it would be the perfect CRPG. I especially liked J.E.'s plan of including a glossary/dictionary to explain terms and concepts that the PC would know but the player might not (thus avoiding the common "innocent farmboy" syndrom of much fantasy, both fiction and game). I was devastated by its cancellation, and quit going to the Interplay boards afterwards. I wrote a petition to WotC and Atari that they relent and allow Jefferson to be completed, but to no avail. I still hope that one day J.E. will be able to implement his design ideas in a fantasy CRPG, as I felt that many of his decisions were a needed breath of fresh air in the CRPG industry.

Child of Flame

Child of Flame

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3213 posts
Half Life 2. I was not disappointed.

jaguars4ever

jaguars4ever

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7093 posts
KotOR 2. I was dissapointed.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10593 posts
Games I really looked forward to, but failed miserably:

From top of my head...
  • Master of Orion 3 (where is my flail, I need to flog myself again)
  • Lords of Midnight 3 (how could they do that after Lords of Midnight and Doomdarks Revenge ???)
  • Carmageddon 2 (whats with suddenly putting time critical showstoppers in the game ???)
Doesn't include games that were just plain disappointing, as I might not have looked forward to them the same way as I did the above :devil:

Now, I've stopped to really look forward to games, I just watch, read and occasionally get a nice game.

Llyranor

Llyranor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6812 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Gabrielle
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
The game I want more than anything else right now is NWN2. Heck, I'm already making design documents with a buddy for our mod for it.

I better not be disappointed :ph34r:

As for already released games, I second Servant of Eru in both aspects. The nicest thing is that the best is yet to come for that game :wub:

Laozi

Laozi

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2905 posts
Kotor 3 :devil:"
Hopefully I won't have to get a new system or computer to play it

NWN2 :wub:
Lets hope theres no pressure to release it early, we've already seen the folly in that

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2912 posts
  • Location:Cybertron, hidden in an extradimensional space in Canada.
  • Xbox Gamertag:Oerwinde (also Playstation Network ID)
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Suikoden 3. I haven't wanted a game that bad in years. I was a tad disappointed that it wasn't as good as Suikoden 2, but I was satisfied that it was leagues ahead of Suikoden 1.

ShadowPaladin V1.0

ShadowPaladin V1.0

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8772 posts
Can't realy think of any. I was disapointed when TORN was canceled as that was the first time I had seen it happen first hand.

After that I took a much more pragmatic approach so BG 3/ FO 3 etc were not disapointing.

You could cancel anything with the possible exception of FFXII and I wouldnt feel particularly bad about it personally.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8544 posts
I remember hoping that Deus Ex: Invisible War would be as good as Deus Ex, but I kind of followed the development of that title so I wasn't too surprised when it turned out to be crap.

But I really want another game in the same style as Deus Ex and equally good.

kirottu

kirottu

Luchador Ninja

• Members
  • 4618 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Can't realy think of any. I was disapointed when TORN was canceled as that was the first time I had seen it happen first hand.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason why I started to go to black isle boards was TORN. Special system with mages what more could a man ask. :D

Percival

Percival

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 557 posts
I'll go with Deus ex 2 too. I had such high hopes for that game. Sometimes I wonder if the developers actually play their games before release.

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5316 posts

Sometimes I wonder if the developers actually play their games before release.

Well, lately it seems they barely have time to do the beta testing so... no. <_<

Phosphor

Phosphor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2214 posts
Didn't we already have this disussion, and started by the same person as well?
http://forums.obsidi...showtopic=28374

Judge Hades

Judge Hades

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13912 posts
It was both NWN and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Neverwinter Nights for after playing BG1 and BG2, NWN was a major disappointment. ToEE for all the bugs and issues it had and the fact there were parts of the game that made no sense whatsoever.

kirottu

kirottu

Luchador Ninja

• Members
  • 4618 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Didn't we already have this disussion, and started by the same person as well?
http://forums.obsidi...showtopic=28374

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is slightly different. Itīs only going to same direction... :)

ShadowPaladin V1.0

ShadowPaladin V1.0

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8772 posts

Neverwinter Nights for after playing BG1 and BG2, NWN was a major disappointment.  ToEE for all the bugs and issues it had and the fact there were parts of the game that made no sense whatsoever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I finally bought TOEE today. And got a another copy of NwN in the same package. No wonder that game has inflated sales its packaged with everything Atari related.

Considering I paid about the same as a McDonalds for both I doubt I will be too disapointed.

Percival

Percival

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 557 posts

Neverwinter Nights for after playing BG1 and BG2, NWN was a major disappointment.  ToEE for all the bugs and issues it had and the fact there were parts of the game that made no sense whatsoever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I finally bought TOEE today. And got a another copy of NwN in the same package. No wonder that game has inflated sales its packaged with everything Atari related.

Considering I paid about the same as a McDonalds for both I doubt I will be too disapointed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait untill you fire up that black hole that sucks all the joy for life out of you.. (that's ToEE if you were wondering) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users