Ridiculously easy even on Diffucult.

Keep in mind that you are all professional KotOR gamers. When you play KotOR1 again is this really a challenge anymore to anybody here?

Oh come off it. That is such a lame arse excuse and you know it. A lot of us have been playing Bioware games since the days of Shattered Steel and there are some of us who have played games from Obsidian's roots since the days of the original Bard's Tale. I am not saying they should make games for only us veterens but they shouldn't go out of their way and insult our intelligence by making an overly easy game.

I don't want to here, oh its for newbie causals. That is a load of bull. This is supposed to be KotOR 2. A lot of us have already played the first one and thusly have experience how the game plays. A sequal is supposed to be aimed at the peeps who played the first one and liked it.

Keep in mind that you are all professional KotOR gamers. When you play KotOR1 again is this really a challenge anymore to anybody here?

Oh come off it. That is such a lame arse excuse and you know it. A lot of us have been playing Bioware games since the days of Shattered Steel and there are some of us who have played games from Obsidian's roots since the days of the original Bard's Tale. I am not saying they should make games for only us veterens but they shouldn't go out of their way and insult our intelligence by making an overly easy game.

I don't want to here, oh its for newbie causals. That is a load of bull. This is supposed to be KotOR 2. A lot of us have already played the first one and thusly have experience how the game plays. A sequal is supposed to be aimed at the peeps who played the first one and liked it.

Ok, but does this necessarily (sp?) mean more difficult? KotOR wasn't difficult, but it still was a heck of an experience. IMO, If KotOR 2 can offer that same feeling, I'm satisfied.

The only major faults I found with the game was Malak. Malak was a pushover. They had to resort to cheese in order to make him any resemblence of a challenge. There were one or two challenge fights on my first time through, but after that nothing.

I felt, "What, this is it?"

Its like that old commerical with that old lady screaming out "WHERE'S THE BEEF!?!?!?"

KotOR is the chinese take out of CRPGs.

KOTOR was ridiculously easy for me.  I still enjoyed it.

Exactly my point. I can rember having a similar discussion a month or so ago. It's about what you seek in a game. Some people want a challenging game that asks a lot of their capabilities, and some people just want to experience a game. I think the latter was the case with KotOR.

KOTOR was ridiculously easy for me.  I still enjoyed it.

Howcome I'm not suprised ? ;)

The only major faults I found with the game was Malak.  Malak was a pushover.  They had to resort to cheese in order to make him any resemblence of a challenge.  There were one or two challenge fights on my first time through, but after that nothing.

;)

Right you are, I beat the darn bag of hot air something like 8 times in a row.

with Scoundrel/Consular.

Ah, I can still remember the good old days, when games gave you a challange.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

IMO the difficulty of a game is determined by the skills and tricks you are learning during playing, being a Bio-veteran or not.

Knowing the exact game mechanics of KotOR and being able to do fights blindfolded makes you feel "easy going". You don't make any mistakes, your character is balanced perfectly, your weapon is upgraded as hell and, of course, you took only the most useful force powers.

But indeed, the absense of a level cap is not excusable...

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Some people play RPGs for story.  If I want challenge, I'll play a good strategy game, or Ninja Gaiden.

No, you're a Fanboy and your numerous posts prove it (nothing wrong in that mind you)

It has nothing to do with Hardcorers or not.  If they made a hardcore CRPG that has the perfect balance of story and challenge, it will sell.

I tend to believe this too.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

There is a difficulty setting, but it doesn't do much. I have no qualms with the easy setting being easy. It would be nice for a more challenging mode however.

But let's look at this game again.

How well based is it in the D20 rules? It's not.

You get tons of free feats for no apparent reason. You get items that are ridiculously powered. You just naturally generate life and force points.

The core mechanics of KOTOR make the game quite easy.

To many puzzles can kill a game for people that just want the story. Plus games where you have to do eveything right to win will drive people away. easy games allow people to play and relax. The best thing about KOTOR is the story.

I believe a well balance game can do well however the balance would be hard to make and a bigger risk.

To many puzzles can kill a game for people that just want the story. Plus games where you have to do eveything right to win will drive people away. easy games allow people to play and relax. The best thing about KOTOR is the story.

I believe a well balance game can do well however the balance would be hard to make and a bigger risk.

The story is definitely important in this type of game. But we're talking about why its so easy, even on 'Difficult' setting.

Some don't have a problem with it, and still feel fulfilled. Others (like myself) experience a lack of challenge.

It certainly would be nice to die every now and then. But since it doesn't happen, its difficult to focus your attention and effort in each battle. A point is reached where you're not even worried about applying tactics or strategy, because everything before you will get slaughtered quickly.

- dr cloak