Ridiculously easy even on Diffucult.

There is nothing wrong in using colorful language to state your opinion, though a little more tact and less racist remarks would have been appreciated.

I give it a 6 on the flame rating scale.

Yeah, but it's an 8 on the personal insult scale.

Whatever. It destroys the dumbass rating scale.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

..kay, but you need to understand that not all people are experienced gamers, I mean you gotta think "If a person picked up a xbox controller without any prior experience to Kotor, Would he have fun kicking serious ass when he never played before, or would he become depressed by the game because he is getting murdered without even putting a scratch on the enemy." Also I've noticed that the difficulty of the game is determined on how you put your points into attributes, skills, feats and force powers... choose the good ones and strengthen you character in the exact ways and you get a tank, or mess up like normal gamers would and have an ok character making it challenging enough.

I would have appreciated they make the difficulty like halo(Easy, Normal, Heroic, Legendary) Which would have made it more difficult, More enemies, Stronger enemies with more hp, Powerful strategies and attacks, etc. which would have made the game more challenging.

Hades, I'd have to say that the little bubble you like to live in, acting like your the characters and doing everything perfectly to save your own hide, falls short seeing it isn't real life, Experiment with danger and do things that might pose a down side to yourself, to increase the fun and make you think harder than "attack Atttack ATTACK ATTACK GOGOGOGO! MORE ATTACKING!!!" Spc provides a higher thinking level, making you more alert and aware of your character's abillities and strengths, and if your character dies your screwed.

Lastly, The replay value of this game is amazing letting you expirement and have fun trying to think of diffrent ways to create a character... it was a bit better in Kotor 1 because you had class and jedi type choices, now they're tied together like they were ment to be (which isn't much fun)

Not to wander back on topic or anything......

But KOTOR2 is too easy for experienced gamers. Unfortantely, that is a common problem for sequals.

K2's main problem is the difficulty of the opponents. The masters and sith lords need to be tougher. They should be about 5 levels above the players current level. That way it is a struggle to defeat them. All of the Masters and Lords should have an uber-powerful force power that they actually use in combat. Nihilis could have a really powerful life drain that drained both force points and life points faster than the refular life drain. Sion could have some combat related feats that make him really tough. The Jedi Masters could each have a force power/feats that are appropriate for Jedi Guardians, Watchmen and Masters.

The world bosses should have been tougher too. It should always be a struggle to get through an area. The player should have a sense of accomplishment. That just doesn't happen enough in K2.

The end game opponents aren't tough enough either. My 15/10 Sentinal/Watchmen should have some difficulty defeating 2 Sith Marauders and a Sith Lord with 6 supporting Sith Soldiers/Grenadiers. With the right combinations, I could defeat them and take less than 20 points of damage. It should have been more of a struggle to get through some of those areas. They didn't make the opponents tough enough through out the game. My high level character should be able to clear a room full of Sith soldiers. He should have had more of a fight against prestige class Sith Jedi.

I would like to know who made the decision to make the game easier. It's almost like someone wants the mass public to enjoy the game and not just the dedicated gamer. Kind of like Star Wars: Episode 1, huh?

Hades, I'd have to say that the little bubble you like to live in, acting like your the characters and doing everything perfectly to save your own hide, falls short seeing it isn't real life, Experiment with danger and do things that might pose a down side to yourself, to increase the fun and make you think harder than "attack Atttack ATTACK ATTACK GOGOGOGO! MORE ATTACKING!!!" Spc provides a higher thinking level, making you more alert and aware of your character's abillities and strengths, and if your character dies your screwed.

Sorry, but I role play my characters intelligently, especially when my character is intelligent. Never play a character in a CRPG with an Intelligence less than being above average. Not my style to play the dumb barbarian. Aslo I do not metagame. I take what action would be appropriate to the character given the resources he or she has. I play on the hardcore level, not abve it or below it, in every game I play. Its the closest level of difficulty to the actual rules set.

I am aware of every element of my character, both strengths and weaknesses, and I play accordingly.

I'd appreciate if you not give away names(Seeing that's kind of a spoiler)

Sorry, I didn't think including that one name that isn't on the box or the website was very spoilerish.

@Hades: So, should every game be programmed with the hartdcore RPGer in mind? I would not consider K1 to be a hardcore RPG experience. It is more RPG for the masses. Why do you expect something different from the sequal?

@Hades: So, should every game be programmed with the hartdcore RPGer in mind?  I would not consider K1 to be a hardcore RPG experience.  It is more RPG for the masses.  Why do you expect something different from the sequal?

Yes, but before you complain about not eeryone is a hardcore gamer let me explain. It all has to do with game settings. Easy and Normal should have difficulties and Artificial Intelligence tailored to the noob and casual gamer. Hardcore mode and higher difficullty should be made with higher levels of challenges and a smarter AI.

This way the Causal and noobs don't get overwhelmed while having the Hardcore gamers feel like they are playing a game of their worth and not being insulted.

The end game opponents aren't tough enough either.  My 15/10 Sentinal/Watchmen should have some difficulty defeating 2 Sith Marauders and a Sith Lord with 6 supporting Sith Soldiers/Grenadiers.  With the right combinations, I could defeat them and take less than 20 points of damage. 

You where still taking points of damage? My sentinal 15/ Jedi Master 12 easily could kill any room full of enemies without talking any damage and not even denting my force points.

I killed one of the "sithlord" with one hit, the other two I only had to do two critical strikes to take there vps down all the way.......uberlame

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Wow, that just doesn't sound fun at all..... I mean Rebel Assault was criticized for basically being an interactive movie, but at least with its bad controls you had to pay attention. If I just have to click on the enemies, I'm not getting this damn thing no matter how good the story is, since if that's all I'll be getting, I'll finish moby d*i*ck. wow, they censored Melville....

The end game opponents aren't tough enough either.  My 15/10 Sentinal/Watchmen should have some difficulty defeating 2 Sith Marauders and a Sith Lord with 6 supporting Sith Soldiers/Grenadiers.  With the right combinations, I could defeat them and take less than 20 points of damage. 

You where still taking points of damage? My sentinal 15/ Jedi Master 12 easily could kill any room full of enemies without talking any damage and not even denting my force points.

I killed one of the "sithlord" with one hit, the other two I only had to do two critical strikes to take there vps down all the way.......uberlame

OK well there is only so much they can do.

The game already takes a solid 30-40 hours to beat, its mentally challenging to a certain degree since it takes 4 hours per world, and there are a few battles i had seriosu trouble wiht, On Nar SHadda when the aliens board the Hawk my jedis died and i had to resort to Guerilla tactics with Mandalore (which was actualy quite satisfying and made me see how much more valuabale blaster wielders are in this game as oppossed to KOTOR 1).

What exactly are u asking for? Harder enemies? Cause I died several times in this game. and considering ur supposed to be one of the greatest jedis of the time, you should easily be able to kick a sith lord's ass.

But i know what u mean about being able to kill a room full of enemies. Force storm takes 150 damage and can easily clear a room full of guys in a singel use but if u think thats cheap jsut dont use it. WIthout a doubt the gameplay in this game IS VASTLY improved form the original KOTOR even if the reviewers say its a rehash.. they are full of sh*t and someone needs to point out all the changes.

THey can only make the game so difficult, since u have to fight so many people and be invovled in so many battles in order to beat the game if every battle was hard then no-one would ever finnish.

One of the only problems I have is when u are fighting a Dark Jedi like a Jedi Maruader, the battles should not be as fast. I can kill a Sith Maruader in 3 seconds or less, even though during that 3 seconds he can take a good chunk of my life away.

THerfore one revisiosn i would make is reduce the ammounts of damage both you AND your enemies deal out ONLY when fighting others trained in the force because it makes snes that both ur defenses would be higher and niether of you woudl recieve as much damge. But when fighitng soemone like a bounty hunter, it shoudl be an easy kill and you shoudl deal out massive damage. But keep the vitality, thereby giving teh allussion of a harder fight.

Plus let us not forget that this is not a regful RPG its difficulty must also be looked out in teh various tasks u need to complete and the effort it takes to complete the game and all of the mini missions.

But I do agree the game seems liek it is way to easy and that a baby coudl beat it, but i mean it takes 35 hours of gameplay to beat, there are puzzles in it, it has great replay value, and if you really want a challenge play the game only using ur main character.

Basically what im asking you Hades is if your beef is with the fighting only or teh game as a whole. Becasue i only agree that at times the fighitng is too easy, but a 40 hour game to me can not be considered easy simply because it takes so much effort to push through it.

The advantage of rpgs over twitch games should be that there can be epic duels, none of that exist in this game

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Funny tread ...

When it was anounced the game would have "epic" levels I was against it knowing enough of Star Wars d20 and the d20 system in general to realize it would break down the system, its not going to work well over lv20 without some radical changes to progression over that level.

Its not the enemies that have to be harder but the game does not hands out XP like candy and go into such insane power levels, that way enemies dont have to be able to shoot lighting out of the ass capable of destroying planets to be something that does not die in 4 rounds.

Unfortunatly that does not go well to people unable to see beyond the "level up" button and its clear OE and LucasArts was more concerned to meet all those sugestions done after KotOR by people that have no idea of why they would not be a good idea that make a balanced combat system or game.

Perhaps next time someone decides to make a game that works instead of trying to "please" the casual gamers that much have a character that deals half a billion in damage just by staring ...

drakron.png

Can you be neutral in this affair.  Being neither light side or dark side?

you actually can. and if youre neutral, you dont get the option of being a prestige class, having to play through the game as whatever class you started with and dont get the bonuses associated with extreme ls or extreme ds.

however, youll still be required to fight certain end boss enemies.