Are you going to buy KOTOR II when it is released?

Are you going to buy KOTOR II when it is released? Or when it gets cheaper?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy KOTOR II when it is released? Or when it gets cheaper?

• When it gets out
    • When it gets cheaper
    • Don't know
    • Not getting it

I was going to wait and buy the PC version when it came out. I ended up buy the X-Box version because I just couldn't wait. And it's a great game, all the improvements are just that, improvements. I love all the changes. The ending is a little weak, but I can live with that. But there are other issues, dialog trees that get screwed up, random freezes and slow downs (not just framerate either), a multitude of other nuisance bugs that on their own are not bad, but when all combined, get on your nerves. The more I play the game, the more I appreciate the game mechanics, and the more annoyed I get at the random bugs that could have and should have gotten fixed in QA.

It feels like this game was rushed, and I'm not sure who is to blame, LA or Obsidian. I'd like to be able to blame LA, and hope that Obsidian was pressured into releasing the game early. I haven't seen any posts on here from Devs or Admins, acknowledging any of the issues many are having, which makes me worry. On that note, I might have to borrow the PC version from a friend, to find out if it's worth buying. Because a PC version of the game I got for the XBox is not worth it.

Pirate it first, an dif you like it then buy it.

$50  USD is a lot of money to waste on crap.

That's some pretty serious **** to say in a dev's boards. I may not be the most indicated person to say anything about it since I can rent PC games and try them beforehand, but in your case, I would recommend patience, and see if Obsidian really intends to fix the bugs. Patience means you may not waste $50 on an unworthy game.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Thing allways boil down to personal tastes...

I'm not going to buy or steal the game, I tested it on X-box and didn't like it (though it wasn't, IMO as buggy as some people have suggested).

the KotOR I got 79% from me KotOR II is about 55%

My only true regret now is that I'm officially worried for NWN2...

I only hope that the ineptitude of the devs wasn't the main reason for the shortcomings of KotOR II (again, just my opinion).

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Well, it is the only way to try before you buy, and it is best not to trust reviewers and the developers/publishers on these matters. If they had renting here in the US, or at elast where I live I would do that. Unfortunately pirating is the only way to try before you buy.

Well, it is the only way to try before you buy, and it is best not to trust reviewers and the developers/publishers on these matters.  If they had renting here in the US, or at elast where I live I would do that.  Unfortunately pirating is the only way to try before you buy.

Hades, you did play/beat K2 for Xbox, yes?

- dr cloak

Well, it is the only way to try before you buy, and it is best not to trust reviewers and the developers/publishers on these matters.  If they had renting here in the US, or at elast where I live I would do that.  Unfortunately pirating is the only way to try before you buy.

Unfortunately; in this case your statement is absolutely true. Since LA/Obsidian have no intention of even doing a demo version of TSL, piracy is the only way to try before you buy. I'd like this to change, really. But as I've said before: The TSL US Xbox version is *not* worth the $50. I daresay that a game like TSL is why some people get Modchips instead of buying games.

The PC version has alot to redeem...if only technically, as we all know that LA would never allow Obsidian to fix some of the huge plotholes.