***The Offical KOTOR III Thread***

So hopefully Lucasarts will decide there will be a kotor III as I have PM'd sombody and they said it will be up to lucasarts to make a decision and since everyone is talking about a KOTOR III I think there is a good chance for KOTOR III to be released.

I guess you guys agree or disagree????

somthing that I picked up interestingly buts its not offical though

Many gamers have complained about the ending in KOTOR2, saying that it simply wasn't powerful or flashy enough. I feel that this game acts much like The Empire Strikes Back did - little was truly resolved from the main characters' perspective, and it's leading up to an even larger final battle in what I'm sure will be the third game in the series. When thinking about it this way, I've realized that the lack of a massive whiz-bang battle of an ending is actually a refreshing difference between this and most RPG titles. You can of course still influence the ending to be good or bad, but this isn't the end of the KOTOR series by a long shot.

i think in k3 you (the exile) should be on a journey to find revan

Nobody is working on K3 right now. Why is everyone assuming there will be a third? lol

- dr cloak

two reasons

1. Lucas wont turn down a way to make himself richer

2. LucasArts was already working on KoTOR 3 b4 TSL came out, but due to lay-offs the small team that was working on it lost its job. So that means that LA already had plans to continue the KoTOR saga.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

well maybe when Bioware is done with Jade Empire they could work on K3 since Obsdian is working on NWN 2

Unlikely. They would still be working on Dragon Age and another unnannounced internal IP project.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I think in K3 you should be a young jedi or sith who life was changed by both raven and the exile. You find clues to the sith empire and go. You should also get a chance to destroy the sith or become its master. Starting spot would have to be Dantooine or Korriban. Many crossover stories there.

Do we know for a fact though that the entire pre-developement staff was let go? or was it just some of them? because saying only some of them were let go its possible that while the production process would be seriously happered it wouldn't exactly pervent another KOTOR from being made (to be honest I have forgoten what the article said thats way I am asking).

As for what should be in KOTOR 3 I think we should finally have the option to JOIN the damb sith, and I don't mean in the way that the two privious KOTORs did by allowing the player to assume the title of a sith but to actually join up with them maybe get training from a sith master and go from there, including the whole chalenging the master for the mantle of dark lord when you become strong enough to do so. I also think that they should scrap T3, and the Ebon Hawk, to make way for better driods and better ships.

Another thing that should make it into the next installment of KOTOR is a NEW game engine, what engine I am not exactly sure, I got the chance to look at the screens for the new Elder Scrolls and they look awsome saying it was possible I think thats the engine that they should use for KOTOR 3.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

According to the news bit the entire inhouse development team for KotOR 3 was eliminated not some. However there were no indications as to why this was done or if they were collaborating with someone else.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering and was almost 100% positive but I figured I would ask before I made an ass out of myself.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png