Wired says KOTOR 2 sucks

Wired wrote that about TSL:

"On reflection, it's easy to conclude that what went wrong with KOTOR II is that KOTOR's success drew the attention of Star Wars auteur George Lucas himself, as the video-game sequel shares many of the flaws of the new movie trilogy (Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen notwithstanding).

The exposition and dialogue are often leaden and excessive, and it's hard to consistently get a grip on what's important and really advancing the story. The moral for developers may be that in both video games and movies, sometimes what you put in is less important than what you leave on the cutting room floor. LucasArts, please keep that in mind for the inevitable KOTOR III"

And what do you think about it?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Me too. Those folks seem to lack understanding on what RPG is about.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Me too. Those folks seem to lack understanding on what RPG is about.

Yes, I agree with you too. And I think it's just one more subjective opinion on the game.

Wired: it's hard to consistently get a grip on what's important and really advancing the story.

There is nothing bad about it I think. That sounds like real life (a little bit).

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Well it didn't seem like a one sided review at least. The reviewer and his wife generally pointed out the same things that i see being posted here by the current owners of the game. The ending, the technical glitches, and lack of real puzzles.

In the reviewer's defense, he did point out the parts he enjoyed and DID NOT harp about the graphics LOL. Certainly, the review was not enough to discourage me from wanting to get the PC version when it comes out.

In the most part, it is more positive than negative, they just dont like the story.

I often base whether I get a game or not on reviews, but not entiely. In the end it all comes down to personnel taste, which is why I aint gonna listen to reviews totally, especially not this one. They dont like the story, and I am ok with that, but that is there personel taste, not mine, I am sure I will love the story.

Perhaps they didnt play through to the end, cus they didnt like the story, I dont know, but this is one review I wont listen to.

He doesnt even give it a score (like */10). I think perhaps he was expecting far to much from KOTOR2.

Maybe he didn't play that game at all, and creators of Fable paid him to lie.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Considering this is the first review that disliked the story and dialogue to this degree, I'm going to have to tend to take the majority of the reviewers' opinion about the story and dialoguebeing good.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"On reflection, it's easy to conclude that what went wrong with KOTOR II is that KOTOR's success drew the attention of Star Wars auteur George Lucas himself, as the video-game sequel shares many of the flaws of the new movie trilogy (Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen notwithstanding).

The exposition and dialogue are often leaden and excessive, and it's hard to consistently get a grip on what's important and really advancing the story. The moral for developers may be that in both video games and movies, sometimes what you put in is less important than what you leave on the cutting room floor. LucasArts, please keep that in mind for the inevitable KOTOR III"

Sounds like a review comin from someone who doesn't enjoy talking to NPCs or character development, imho

I think they're wrong about both the new trilogy and about KOTOR 2... I think the story is very meaningful and interesting, and although certainly not what most were expecting, still very good.

Who cares what they think? Are you them? In the end, its you who plays the game so reviews can only tell you so much... And, a review is a person's opinion. There are different types of people (idiots who place graphics above all else and sane ones) and they each percieve the game differently. I think most FPS games are stupid because they don't have a properly developed story. Some people think that FPS games are cool because they like blowing people up with their rocket launchers and they give the game a high score. So, it depends on what game type you like. I think KotOR II sounds great but Wired news doesn't (Because they are idiots ofcourse...).

I think KotOR II sounds great but Wired news doesn't (Because they are idiots ofcourse...).

heh, those same idiots thought KOTOR was the best game of 2003.

Kotor2 doesn't seem to have the instant appeal of the original. It takes more effort to get the best out of. Some people will like that, others will not. I wouldn't call them idiots though.

Who cares what they think? Are you them? In the end, its you who plays the game so reviews can only tell you so much... And, a review is a person's opinion. There are different types of people (idiots who place graphics above all else and sane ones) and they each percieve the game differently. I think most FPS games are stupid because they don't have a properly developed story. Some people think that FPS games are cool because they like blowing people up with their rocket launchers and they give the game a high score. So, it depends on what game type you like. I think KotOR II sounds great but Wired news doesn't (Because they are idiots ofcourse...).

I feel much better now. Amen

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

This remind of FF X-2 ...

Most reviewers gone around giving high scores, one step up and pretty much said what the game actually was and he was right.

Not that stoped FF fangirls go around defending it.

You know "Something Awful" said:

Squaresoft has always had a particularly vocal group of fanboys. There are people who would probably fight to their death attempting to "protect" the name of this software company who doesn't give a crap about them or how much their product is worshipped by nutballs on the Internet. So why are these people so adamant about defending a game franchise? Don't they have anything else to do? Isn't there anything else in their lives or are they forced to attach their tiny egos to a successful game company and then absorb any insult to this company as if it was personally directed towards them? We've never understood the Internet fanboy mentality and probably never will.

Now we can just replace "Squaresoft" with any name and that statement would be right, the level of fanatism around games is absurd.

I expect one day some fanboy straps some explosives to his body, heads into a publisher bulding and blow himself up.

drakron.png

Are you saying that we are dangerous fanatics, or that TSL indeed sucks?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I think KotOR II sounds great but Wired news doesn't (Because they are idiots ofcourse...).

heh, those same idiots thought KOTOR was the best game of 2003.

Kotor2 doesn't seem to have the instant appeal of the original. It takes more effort to get the best out of. Some people will like that, others will not. I wouldn't call them idiots though.

Well maybe all the smart people from last year left them :thumbsup:

This remind of FF X-2 ...

Most reviewers gone around giving high scores, one step up and pretty much said what the game actually was and he was right.

Not that stoped FF fangirls go around defending it.

You know "Something Awful" said:

Squaresoft has always had a particularly vocal group of fanboys. There are people who would probably fight to their death attempting to "protect" the name of this software company who doesn't give a crap about them or how much their product is worshipped by nutballs on the Internet. So why are these people so adamant about defending a game franchise? Don't they have anything else to do? Isn't there anything else in their lives or are they forced to attach their tiny egos to a successful game company and then absorb any insult to this company as if it was personally directed towards them? We've never understood the Internet fanboy mentality and probably never will.

Now we can just replace "Squaresoft" with any name and that statement would be right, the level of fanatism around games is absurd.

I expect one day some fanboy straps some explosives to his body, heads into a publisher bulding and blow himself up.

Ironic really, considering this is exactly how I'd describe you and your obsession with the d20 ruleset and how you blow a fuse when anything deviates from it. :thumbsup:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)