"Your" lightsaber

I beat them until the last fight. (five againt one) I figured out how to cheat at hand to hand combat in the Mandalorian Battle Circle, however.

Plant a bunch of mines on the ground before the match and let them run to you.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Yeah, I remember reading that too. They said it would be a completly optional side quest, but it was recommended because your original lightsaber would be the most powerful in the game, or something of that nature. There just HAS to be a way to get it. I suppose ten different people will all have to play through it, and ALL try different dialouge options. This is gay.....I want my saber! :ermm:

Yeah, I remember reading that too. They said it would be a completly optional side quest, but it was recommended because your original lightsaber would be the most powerful in the game, or something of that nature. There just HAS to be a way to get it. I suppose ten different people will all have to play through it, and ALL try different dialouge options. This is gay.....I want my saber! >_<

I agree...if they didn't include it, I would be disappointed...maybe they didn't choose to include it because there is a higher (if any) level cap, and you don't need your strong lightsaber to beat the game in a snap.

Yeah, I remember reading that too. They said it would be a completly optional side quest, but it was recommended because your original lightsaber would be the most powerful in the game, or something of that nature. There just HAS to be a way to get it. I suppose ten different people will all have to play through it, and ALL try different dialouge options. This is gay.....I want my saber! >_<

What about the dialogue before you fight Atris? There is an option to say "I've come for my lightsaber, Atris." :)

I laughed hard when I saw that but I didn't choose it.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

Ok guys/gals, I came really close to reclaiming my original Light Saber.

During the Ebon Hawk scene where Atton asked me about my Saber, I responded as follows:

"Double-Bladed"

"Both the Blade and Crystal were Unique"

"It was a Veridian Blade, one the Council had never seen before"

So when I'm at the Ice Academy after leaving Telos Military Base...

I'm presented with a Dialogue option from one of the Hand Maidens to look over Atris' Jedi artifacts, including a Light Saber.

She told me to go talk to the Last of the Hand Maidens about getting final permission to look at Atris' artifacts, that she had saved from the Dantooine Enclave.

Problem is I had already freed my party members from Prison, so when I went to the dueling Chamber, the Hand Maiden had already left, and boarded my ship.

Here is where it gets better...

Upon leaving the Ice Academy, I tab to the Journal Page, and hit 'X' button for 'Messages' tab. I check feedback and this is what I see:

Item Acquired: Double-Bladed Light Saber

Item Lost: Double-Bladed Light Saber

So close!! I'm going to reload my saved game and go through the Ice Academy again, this time freeing my party members, only after I have looked over Atris' Jedi relics.

- dr cloak

Ok guys/gals, I came really close to reclaiming my original Light Saber.

During the Ebon Hawk scene where Atton asked me about my Saber, I responded as follows:

"Double-Bladed"

"Both the Blade and Crystal were Unique"

"It was a Veridian Blade, one the Council had never seen before"

So when I'm at the Ice Academy after leaving Telos Military Base...

I'm presented with a Dialogue option from one of the Hand Maidens to look over Atris' Jedi artifacts, including a Light Saber.

She told me to go talk to the Last of the Hand Maidens about getting final permission to look at Atris' artifacts, that she had saved from the Dantooine Enclave.

Problem is I had already freed my party members from Prison, so when I went to the dueling Chamber, the Hand Maiden had already left, and boarded my ship.

Here is where it gets better...

Upon leaving the Ice Academy, I tab to the Journal Page, and hit 'X' button for 'Messages' tab.  I check feedback and this is what I see:

Item Acquired: Double-Bladed Light Saber

Item Lost: Double-Bladed Light Saber

So close!!  I'm going to reload my saved game and go through the Ice Academy again, this time freeing my party members, only after I have looked over Atris' Jedi relics.

- dr cloak

Cool. I better remember this.

Ok, I reloaded an earlier save and went through it again - no luck.

Basically, the last of the Hand Maiden disappears after you have the initial conversation with Atris. So there appears to be a dialogue bug here. Another Hand Maiden tells you to speak to the 'Last of the Hand Maiden' to look over Atris' artifacts, yet she already disappears way in advance.

I even dueled the rest of the Hand Maidens, and only received experience points for the very end battle/duel.

I'm starting to think the only chance of getting your original Light Saber back, (if this is even possible), is by choosing the correct dialogue options with Atris during the initial conversation.

But the dialog options are many, and the conversation is long. It would take quite some time to go through all the permutations.

- dr cloak

There are verbal options that you can say to Atris (something to the effect of "Give me the saber or i'll kill you"), but I never used them...has anyone else?  If so can you actually fight her?  maybe you could beat her down and take the saber.

Yes I've tried these options on my first time through as a Dark Sider. She simply mutters more nonsense, then turns her back on you and walks towards her Meditation Chamber while holding your Light Saber, still ignited.

I'm going to try a few more 'Dialogue Runs' with Atris with my Light Sider and see if I get anywhere.

- dr cloak

There are verbal options that you can say to Atris (something to the effect of "Give me the saber or i'll kill you"), but I never used them...has anyone else?  If so can you actually fight her?  maybe you could beat her down and take the saber.

Yes I've tried these options on my first time through as a Dark Sider. She simply mutters more nonsense, then turns her back on you and walks towards her Meditation Chamber while holding your Light Saber, still ignited.

I'm going to try a few more 'Dialogue Runs' with Atris with my Light Sider and see if I get anywhere.

- dr cloak

The last handmaiden refers to the one who joins your party and she IS in the academy. You can tell which one is her because she is the only one called "Handmaiden" rather than "Handmaiden's sister."

If that were the case, they'd also have put in an option to get it from her if you didn't kill her. For whatever reason, it didn't make it in.

I've spoken with Handmaiden, but even with maxed persuade at level 11 and a small charisma bonus, I still haven't been able to get into where the artifacts are stored. Also, its mentioned that the artifacts are kept in Atris's meditation chamber, so I have a sneaking suspicion that this might be an "auto-fail" thing...

i.e. Handmaiden provides a little additional information about the artifacts (i.e. that they were warm, and some of them seemed to think she was a student), but that's it.

Doesn't the strategy guide save anything about this?

Not sure, I don't have the strategy guide. If I get stuck, I just search the Forums. Anyways, I tried everything within the Ice Academy to get the original saber back.

My conclusion is this:

Its either a side quest that wasn't implemented before the product was prematurely shipped for Christmas sales or...

Its just a big, major tease...a sick joke on the players

- dr cloak

Can't a dev just tell us if its possible or not. Like do you have to play throught the game so many times to get it or something?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hm...I haven't got the game yet (Europe... :thumbsup: ) but this reminds me of this little argueing sith-girl in the Cantina on Taris(Kotor 1). You have to say something like she only does her job. Even if your persuade is at max(8+CHA-Bonus), you can fail...It has to do something with this virtual Dices (which are actually nothing more than a complex mathematic which shall give you a kind of chance(I programmed a little bit of "delphi" in school)), they only have to "fall" right. I don't know all this dialouges, but I would try to save the game and try it up to twenty times with the persuade-dialouge.

Doesn't the strategy guide save anything about this?

It's silent. When I got the PC version, I'll do a full investigation. It's rather empty for a strategy guide, but it's a good reference.

are you sure? i could have sworn that the guide tells you that she wont give you your saber.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Forceoflight

You're kinda right about the sistem (it hapend to me many times in KOTOR1), but i think there are people who thought of that and saved the game before entering the conversation (i know i would). So maybe we have to face the "facts" (i don't have the game either, so i'm only guessing) and admit that the lightsaber isn't in the game :(