How many devs still working on the pc version?

Hmmm...that would really suck. But I doubt that LA would make such a bad move...they need the money and I don't think they will make such a huge mistake, because they will probably lose a lot of customers for any future games....

LOL you sure you want to keep that thought of Lucasarts? Don't forget it's the same company that promised COUNTLESS times a simultaneous release, then changed their minds and didn't even give an explanation for it.

Judging from the way they do business, customer losses isn't a big deal to them.

Yeah. You might be right. I forgot about the change in the release dates. I just hope it doesn't turn that way.

Woot! A developer have come to visit us. (w00t)

That said, any chance problems in bet.......I mean xbox version will be fixed untill we get it to PC? :-"

Any hopes that we can get additional content like in KotOR 1, even if it only was a spacestation there?

Oh, and please come back and visit PC Version-KotOR2 any time. :thumbsup:

A fair amount of bug fixing is going on for the PC Version of KotOR2.

I wouldn't expect any new features though. The timeline for getting the PC version ready is pretty short.

-Akari

Thank you for the update Akari. :p Its good to know that some Devs are still actively working on the PC version before its Feb release.

That's assuming Lucasarts will allow Obsidian to work on a patch.  With the cost cutting going on at LA recently, I'm a little worried they might consider a patch as "unneccesary spending".  <_<

Akari (or one of the other devs), is it in your contract with LA to create any patches for the PC version?

I was saying from the beginning that this game should be released in August 2005,

as earliest date. Now we have a game full of bugs and with outdated graphics - a result of LA's greed.

Don't get me wrongo. I don't blame Obsidian for anything.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

No I think one yea and a half was enough time to develop a good game, considering they wouldn't develop the engine.

Maybe a bigger team to work on the projecct was needed.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

No I think one yea and a half was enough time to develop a good game, considering they wouldn't develop the engine.

Maybe a bigger team to work on the projecct was needed.

I think they should have taken more time for QA. From what I hear, the game itself is brilliant, its the bugs that irritate people.

I think they should have taken more time for QA. From what I hear, the game itself is brilliant, its the bugs that irritate people.

"Seems" to be the general concensus by people who completed the game (my own subjective interpretation of the feedback on this forum).

Great game, bugs that threatens the game experience and an ending that screams "Kotor3!"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ending might be screaming KotOR 3 but the bloody bugs say NAY! Seriously, I am not getting the PC version because the PC version is always freaking buggier than the console version unless there is proof that Lucas Arts and Obsidian are fully backing this game with full tech support. I am not just saying for the PC version, but the X Box version as well.

No proper tech support equals no purchase. That goes with any publisher and developer..

Yeah.... I'm not falling for it a second time. LA pulled the bait and switch by giving a crappy unsupported sequel to the great Jedi Outcast, so, however much I would like to, I'm not going to be tricked with KotOR. Sorry LA, your crap just won't cut it anymore.

I knew a guy who when he used to get junk mail with the little return envelopes, would mail old candy wrappers and stuff back. I'm thinking maybe we should start this with games. We could just fill up the box with paper trash and random stuff and mail it to the devs or publishers. I mean, it's rude and stupid, but nothing else has worked......

Because I was really excited for this game and somehow hoping, stupidly, that it would turn out ok.. For some reason I stuck through with the original through all the crashes, lockups, black screens, and random inverted polygon coordinates... Thought maybe they'd have most of that fixed by now, could do the rest of it, and make a good game. Thought, stupidly, from the developer posts that the Obsidian people were making a real good faith effort to do a bang-up job despite LA. That is why I'm here, and I'm waiting for the PC version. It remains to be seen whether this stuff will be fixed, but I'm becoming less and less hopeful by the day.

Here's my advice to PC users who are hesitant to play this because of XBox "bugs".

Wait til other people have the PC release.

Rent it if you have an XBox.

Go to a retail store where they have XBox games for play on display and try it there.

I ran into some lag and lockups, but no real "bugs" per se.

i don't have a choice i have to wait till march to play it cause my girlfriend wants to get it for my birthday...so hopefully by then they will have a patch out or the bugs will be minimal.

I think one week should be enough to see if there are major bugs or a multitude of minor ones. I'm thinking more and more of waiting. Easy to say now, maybe not in february though.  :thumbsup:"

It may be enough to see what bugs are in it, but it's not enough time for those same bugs to be patched.

You can't rent a PC game and many stores in the U.S. have stricter return policies.

Huh? I can rent PC games alright. I have done so several times in the past. I don't live in the US, but I don't think it's unheard of. Maybe your local rental place just sucks...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.