How many devs still working on the pc version?

Huh? I can rent PC games alright. I have done so several times in the past. I don't live in the US, but I don't think it's unheard of. Maybe your local rental place just sucks...

Nowhere where I live will rent PC games. The basic slogan for any store who carries PC games is "you break the shrinkwrap seal, you keep it".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Actually, I think a couple of stores will allow you to return it, but only for either a trade for another in-stock game, or for a drastically reduced price than what you paid for it (ie. bought the game for $60, receive $20 in return, even if you only bought it a day or two earlier).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Nowhere in Ames Iowa has PC rentals.
I've never seen a rental place with PC games, and never heard of somebody that had. In Montreal, Canada.
Nowhere where I live will rent PC games.  The basic slogan for any store who carries PC games is "you break the shrinkwrap seal, you keep it".

Sucks for you. :(

I just rented Dawn of War out of sheer boredom, it sure beats warez. ;)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

In Vegas there have been three attempts at PC game rentals that I recall. All three had limited selections, probably due to limited cooperation from publishers, and all three lasted less than a year.

As for bugs in a console game - that's rough. I mean, really, it's not like you have to worry about more than 1 hardware set. How tough can that honestly be? Especially when the engine was already fairly stable on the platform. PC releases I can see having bugs because of the wide variety of hardware and occasionally bizarre and unforseen conflicts (had the Ultima 7: Serpent Isle Sound Blaster Pro bug - look it up, it's weird). Console development, especially from an already stable codebase, should be fairly straightforward. Sounds like a simple lack of QA time to me - perhaps LA should have pushed it back a little, and maybe they could have easily met an April simultaneous release.

Unfortunately, marketing bozos and greedy shareholders looking for their first quarter dividends tend to spoil the pot. All hail Corporate America! Guess it's time for the old privately owned shops to step up and show 'em how it's really done.... Like Bioware, for instance....

Rich

Guess it's time for the old privately owned shops to step up and show 'em how it's really done....  Like Bioware, for instance....

Obsidian Entertainment - A division of Bioware Corporation.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.