Interesting info in Developers' Corner

PC version was "put on hold". Hmm. To those who still say that the PC version didn't get the shaft due to the XBox version, I'd suggest you read it.

Maybe PC gamers did get shafted, but I think it's time they got over it. :ermm:

We will, in February, unless we get shafted again and have to wait until June or August for ours. :thumbsup:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

PC version was "put on hold". Hmm. To those who still say that the PC version didn't get the shaft due to the XBox version, I'd suggest you read it.

We will, in February, unless we get shafted again and have to wait until June or August for ours. :thumbsup:

That would suck. :thumbsup:

Perhaps if certain Xbox-owners didn't have this tendency to gloat, they would.

(And yes, i have an Xbox, but i prefer to play on my PC which is vastly superior in the graphics department)

Right, the xboxers force them to keep complaining.

Maybe PC gamers did get shafted, but I think it's time they got over it. :thumbsup:

Right, the xboxers force them to keep complaining.

Oh i agree, there's no excuse for repeated complaining, but you said "time they got over it" not "time they stopped complaining". And there are quite a few NA Xbox-owners on this board who like to remind the Int'l/non-Xbox-crowd that they are getting the game first, for instance in their sigs. Makes it kinda hard for the Int'l/non-Xbox-crowd to forget it and get over it.

And there are quite a few NA Xbox-owners on this board who like to remind the Int'l/non-Xbox-crowd that they are getting the game first, for instance in their sigs.

If you mean my xbox roxor sig then I should point out that I'm talking about the xbox in general, not kotor II coming early for the xbox.

And there are quite a few NA Xbox-owners on this board who like to remind the Int'l/non-Xbox-crowd that they are getting the game first, for instance in their sigs.

If you mean my xbox roxor sig then I should point out that I'm talking about the xbox in general, not kotor II coming early for the xbox.

No, i wasn't referring to your sig. I love my Xbox and agree with it.

Be glad we only have to wait 2 months this time instead of 6 months.

And be glad that they are porting it over to the pc also.

Glad my ass, dude. I won't be whining around because of the two month delay, but don't expect me to give thanks for being treated as a second-class customer. That post might explain why the PC version has been delayed, but it doesn't explain why the international Xbox release has been delayed too. Halo 2 had a simultaneous worldwide release. So did Half-Life 2, which proves it can be done. For some reason american Xbox players have been given preference above all other, and that reason hasn't been explained yet.

Precisely, i already had a similar thread like this about the delay of the international version, but it got deleted. No need for me to go through this again.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

a simultanious release means that the game was delayed for everyone. translating games for other countries takes time.

I know that localization takes time. It doesn't mean that the game is delayed for everyone, though. You see, both of those games made it to their planified shipping dates. Magic? No, efficiency on the publisher's part (and I HATE VU). Lucasarts and possibly MS screwed this, big time, and now they won't come forward and explain why.

For some reason american Xbox players have been given preference above all other, and that reason hasn't been explained yet.

Don't forget that Canadians get it early as well.

So, Canada is no longer part of north america? Interesting. I'll keep that in mind. :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Although the content for both will be near-identical, the technical requirements for each posed its own unique challenges. There are some idiosyncrasies in the way the Aurora Engine performs on the two different platforms. Months and months ago, the target release date was moved up from Feburary to December and it became clear that we would not be able to produce both versions to the standard of quality we would have liked by that time (I know that sounds like BS, but it's the truth :D ) so it was decided we would put the PC version on hold and work solely on the XBOX version (mainly because something like 80% of unit sales for the original were on the XBOX)

Yup, PC gamers got the shaft alright. <_<

And secondly, wasn't KotOR made on the Odyssey engine and not the Aurora engine as the Morgan Man's saying (NWN was Aurora ;) ).

manthing2.jpg

I say it's a long term M$ strategy to increase their X-Box sales. If X-Box games are released months earlier than PC games, and PC gamers most of the time get a crappy console port inferior to the capabilities of a PC (not saying this is the case with TSL), peolple will consider buying an X-Box out of frustration. I know that thought crossed my mind a couple of times at least last month...

I say it's a long term M$ strategy to increase their X-Box sales. If X-Box games are released months earlier than PC games, and PC gamers most of the time get a crappy console port inferior to the capabilities of a PC (not saying this is the case with TSL), peolple will consider buying an X-Box out of frustration. I know that thought crossed my mind a couple of times at least last month...

I agree with you. But im not giving myself to the dark side (X-BOX) ;)

Maybe PC gamers did get shafted, but I think it's time they got over it. ;)

(And yes, i have an Xbox, but i prefer to play on my PC which is vastly superior in the graphics department)

same here. i could import the game from the us, but i won't. i prefer playing kotor on my pc; vastly superior graphics, as you point out. i hate my xbox, it sucks. i definately prefer my pc and my ps2 with games such as pro evolution soccer 3 and 4 and metal gear solid...

Guys i have accepted that PC version comes out later, but Obsidian have not confirmed that PC will get extra stuff cuz of that? Now that pisses me off.

Quote:

John Morgan - Although the content for both will be near-identical, the technical requirements for each posed its own unique challenges.

So to me it looks like shafted.  Well if PC version put ON HOLD then yes, they will not have enough time to make some extra for PC.  :p

I agree, they really should add some stuff to PC version....... <_<

Though if they intend to do so it would be in their own interest to wait telling us that, so all xbox owners buy the xbox version first. :lol:"