Storyline Theory

I've been playing through KotOR yet again and came across some dialogue that I found interesting:

Canderous states that the whole reason the Mandalorians attacked the Republic was because the Sith approached them with the offer to fight a worthy enemy in a battle that would be remembered forever. Since this occured before the Mandalorian War had even started then Revan and Malak were still apprentices, and had not fallen to the Darkside yet.

Canderous later tells you that the Sith retreated quietly back into their Empire shortly before the outbreak of the Mandalorian War. From the EU we know that the Sith Empire existed beyond the reaches of Republic space, on the extreme Outer Rim. So who were these Sith?

Now, look at the whole story so far (the war against Exar Kun, the Mandalorian War, the war against Revan and Malak) from an entirely strategic point of view. The Sith Empire (not Revan and Malak, the real Sith) persuaded the Mandalorians to start a war with the Republic, which was already weak after the war against Exar Kun. The Mandalorian War further weakened it. Then the saviours of the Republic fall to the Darkside and start yet another war against it. That three very violent conflicts against the Republic in just 50 years.

I think that the Sith Empire engineered the Mandalorian War, then used the opportunity presented to turn Revan and Malak, causing yet another war. After Malak is defeated the Republic is right on the brink of collapse practically. The Sith Empire has managed to leave the Republic practically defenceless and pathetically weak without even revealing its existance and raising a finger.

I think these are the Sith you fight in TSL, having moved in to crush the weakened Republic shortly after the events of KotOR. Seems much more like Sith cunning and intelligence than Malak was.

Sorry for the long post. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't try to read too much into what Canderous says. In regards to the Sith coming to the Mandalorians with an offer, I think he's referring to Exar Kun rather than the present. And as for the Sith Empire retreating into seclusion, I think that's one of the biggest errors in the game; there was no Sith Empire between the fall of Exar Kun and the rise of Revan and Malak. The ancient Sith Empire was long dead, and Exar Kun's brief reign was brought to an end by the Republic, who I can't imagine would simply stop and let the Sith regroup.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I wouldn't try to read too much into what Canderous says. In regards to the Sith coming to the Mandalorians with an offer, I think he's referring to Exar Kun rather than the present. And as for the Sith Empire retreating into seclusion, I think that's one of the biggest errors in the game; there was no Sith Empire between the fall of Exar Kun and the rise of Revan and Malak. The ancient Sith Empire was long dead, and Exar Kun's brief reign was brought to an end by the Republic, who I can't imagine would simply stop and let the Sith regroup.

But thats the thing they always do, the republic and jedi both fight the sith to a point of near destruction then they always back off. I don't know why but it seems that they always assume that the sith are dead and gone but instead they leave a couple to survive and rebuild.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

But thats the thing they always do, the republic and jedi both fight the sith to a point of near destruction then they always back off. I don't know why but it seems that they always assume that the sith are dead and gone but instead they leave a couple to survive and rebuild.

If they didn't do so there'd be no "desperate struggle between good and evil" and thus, there'd be no story. It doesn't make sense logically, but makes sense plotwise.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

I'm not sure, but was Exar Kun even a represenative of the Sith Empire?  I was under the impression that Exar Kun was turned by the ghost of Naga Sadow but never actually met any othre living Sith from the real Sith Empire.

the Sith species died out along time ago .. this is also said in KOTOR, the Sith of this day are the followers of the ideals, not the species ..

Fortune favors the bald.

True...but then the Sith do the same thing with the Jedi during the movie time period. I guess a galaxy in which all of one side or the other are actually completely destroyed doesn't provide much drama. :rolleyes:

In this case, though, I'm thinking more along the lines of the actual Empire; i.e. the soldiers, ships, and planets which fuel a war effort. If the Sith had still held any planets after Exar Kun was killed, I don't think the Republic would have just stopped and let bygones be bygones.

I'm not talking about the Sith species. I know they died out long before KotOR. I mean the Sith Empire, beyond the Outer Rim, not the rogue Jedi calling themselves Sith, or the Sith not connected to the Empire.

Also, the Sith Empire was beyond Republic space and control. And Senators are idiots (except Padme mmmm.....) :rolleyes:

Actually there was no Offer made by Ulic to Mandalore in the Sith War comics.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Actually there was no Offer made by Ulic to Mandalore in the Sith War comics.

I haven't read the comics, but I was under the impression that the Mandalorians fought for Exar Kun. There's a Juhani dialogue that mentions it (something like the Cathar had fought the Mandalorians during the war with Exar Kun, and knew they could expect no mercy if they lost.)

So, out of curiosity, who are the 'grunts' of Exar Kun's war to conquer the Republic in the comics?

From what I have read in the comics I think that the original Siths are quite primitive people. In my opinion, a conspiracy of this size would be untypical for them. After the Sith Empire was destroyed the few last remnants have settled on Yavin or Onderon and had fun terrorizing the local inhabitants. That was all they could achieve with their simplicity.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Ulic defeats Mandalore in single combat .. Mandalore wearing his Basilik (or how its spelled) and Ulic with his lightsaber .. Ulic defeats Mandalore and he swears alligeance to him! Ulic then sets off to conquer Corusant with the Mandalorian army in his back, but Exar Kun doesn't think its a good idea .. And says that Ulic will do so without his help! Ulic is defeated and Exar comes to rescue him ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Regarding the original post: Much earlier there were many speculations along the same vein, including mine, without even resorting to Canderous's words. I believe that's because TSL is bound to reveal 'the bigger picture' concerning the state of the galaxy in this time period; and doing that entails who the new game's powerful Sith Lords are, what they were doing during Malak's reign, how they relate to the Mandalorian conflict, Revan's fall, etc. etc. etc. So while TSL will be a totally new quest for players, we'll be basically playing to unravel more of the same story, obviously.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I've been playing through KotOR yet again and came across some dialogue that I found interesting:

Canderous states that the whole reason the Mandalorians attacked the Republic was because the Sith approached them with the offer to fight a worthy enemy in a battle that would be remembered forever.  Since this occured before the Mandalorian War had even started then Revan and Malak were still apprentices, and had not fallen to the Darkside yet.

Canderous later tells you that the Sith retreated quietly back into their Empire shortly before the outbreak of the Mandalorian War.  From the EU we know that the Sith Empire existed beyond the reaches of Republic space, on the extreme Outer Rim.  So who were these Sith?

Now, look at the whole story so far (the war against Exar Kun, the Mandalorian War, the war against Revan and Malak) from an entirely strategic point of view.  The Sith Empire (not Revan and Malak, the real Sith) persuaded the Mandalorians to start a war with the Republic, which was already weak after the war against Exar Kun.  The Mandalorian War further weakened it.  Then the saviours of the Republic fall to the Darkside and start yet another war against it.  That three very violent conflicts against the Republic in just 50 years.

I think that the Sith Empire engineered the Mandalorian War, then used the opportunity presented to turn Revan and Malak, causing yet another war.  After Malak is defeated the Republic is right on the brink of collapse practically.  The Sith Empire has managed to leave the Republic practically defenceless and pathetically weak without even revealing its existance and raising a finger.

I think these are the Sith you fight in TSL, having moved in to crush the weakened Republic shortly after the events of KotOR.  Seems much more like Sith cunning and intelligence than Malak was.

Sorry for the long post.  Any thoughts?

no, i don't think the (real) sith engenieered the revan conflict or the mandalorian wars. nevertheless, i do think that the real sith empire were watching from afar, waiting for the moment to strike. these things just happened and the sith will use them to their advantage...

But where is this notorious Sith Empire? It doesn't exist anymore. IIRC survivors fled to Yavin IV or Onderon before they've been exterminated.

Something had to corrupt Revan and Malak to the Dark side, whatever that is I'm sure we will find out who/what did this and I'm sure that it is extremely powerful

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah This theory was posted awhile back on a thread I made, I think it was jediDMurda? ?(sorry I forgot ur name lol) but he came up with this same theory, and then I added on to it with some ideas of my own....

....basically I think that these 3 sith lords that are the main Villains in KOTOR 2 were followers of Exar Kun in the first jedi civil war that took place b4 the mandalorian wars....then I think when exar was defeated, these 3 sith went to the mandelorians and told them to attack the republic and etc. and wanted the rebuplic to be weakened by the mandelorians so they could wage a new jedi/sith war....and they went into hiding...but the events with Revan and Malak were not foreseen.....but after those events of KOTOR played out they made their strike....which is the 5 years between kotor and TSL.....so I think that's how it went down...maybe not but it makes alot of sense...and now they are finishing the war Exar started...

Something had to corrupt Revan and Malak to the Dark side, whatever that is I'm sure we will find out who/what did this and I'm sure that it is extremely powerful

Wow I never really thought about it like that, I always thought that Revan/malak were corupt by the search for the star forge. But it would only make sense for someone to have corupt them b4 that!

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

I think Revan and Malak were slowly turning towards the darkside in the mandelorian wars more each battle...and then when they heard of the star forge and thought of its power it corrupted them, and by the time they found the star forge they were fully corrupt....and then u know the rest....

Wow I never really thought about it like that, I always thought that Revan/malak were corupt by the search for the star forge. But it would only make sense for someone to have corupt them b4 that!

I'm not so sure whether they have been corrupted before. There has been a cut scene in KotOR in which Revan and Malak open the temple on Dantooine to visit the first star map. Malak tells Revan his concerns that the Jedi Order could be displeased.