One thing I'm afraid of with TSL

The most deliciously evil act of such twistedness in the first game was getting Zaalbar to kill Mission.

I dunno about that. I think Zaalbar was just looking for an excuse to off the little brat after she insisted he needed a haircut and some clothes on Taris. :D

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Problem in KotOR was we are playing someone errant boy.

There was one instance in the game were we could had a hidden agenda, Korriban since its were the game actually given Revan a display of power and allow him to act behind and manipulate others.

The rest is errant boy missions with the chance of being a bully ...

Some are saying Bastila turning come out of the blue ... well its not, if you read the dialogue Bastila display arrogance to a point its damn obvious she will be turned.

drakron.png

As a character, my guy flipped and went to the darkside when he learned that the Jedi had messed with his head. That was my reasoning...Bastilla was tortured until she had nothing but anger and rage left...that also was good reasoning. I agree with the original poster though, if I'm to go evil, there better be a good emotional reason other than "That guy has credits I want."

I have high hopes that Obsidian will deliver a most dark and promising game for us Dark Siders....the whole game is much darker than the first KOTOR, and in this one since u are the last jedi, think about the reason to become evil, obviously the jedi exiled u...why would u want to help them and save them....if u become a Sith Lord and join the sith and be evil u could destroy the leaders and lead the Sith Empire yourself and rule the galaxy without the Jedi helping u!!!!!!!!!!

Problem in KotOR was we are playing someone errant boy.

Some are saying Bastila turning come out of the blue ... well its not, if you read the dialogue Bastila display arrogance to a point its damn obvious she will be turned.

It was clear that she would fall. That she would become an enthusiastic toady of the same person whom she hated above all else, came out of the blue. It is like fallen Anakin joining the Sand People ;).

Dont know how its handled in kotor2 DS but in the kotor1 version you have option to evolve into the DS doing good deeds except for those that carries strong feelings like Love or hatred, i did alot of hate killing i remember, like the time you meet Darth Bandon he is the one that killed the first person who tries hand help you on ship at beginning.

Also if you dont wanna go Bully DS you had option of going forward DS through love with bastilla or carth depending on your gender, as your sith trainer at academy said with i think was very anakin is the love is the strongest of all emotions it can create hatred and pain.

But also referring to LS compassion and mercy, so if you want a middle way to DS without being the tyrant bully its at least one of the options.

EDIT: To the bastila even if you started passion within her, she would have fallen anyways, bastila was headstrong, loving person with a little arrogance to which is a deadly combo that would, with her young age and experience have made her sith in the hands of Malak no matter what you did.

Dont know how its handled in kotor2 DS but in the kotor1 version you have option to evolve into the DS doing good deeds except for those that carries strong feelings like Love or hatred, i did alot of hate killing i remember, like the time you meet Darth Bandon he is the one that killed the first person who tries hand help you on ship at beginning.

Also if you dont wanna go Bully DS you had option of going forward DS through love with bastilla or carth depending on your gender, as your sith trainer at academy said with i think was very anakin is the love is the strongest of all emotions it can create hatred and pain.

But also referring to LS compassion and mercy, so if you want a middle way to DS without being the tyrant bully its at least one of the options.

EDIT: To the bastila even if you started passion within her, she would have fallen anyways, bastila was headstrong, loving person with a little arrogance to which is a deadly combo that would, with her young age and experience have made her sith in the hands of Malak no matter what you did.

That sort of things provided only a small amount of DS points. And I don't think romancing Bastila resulted in any DS points at all. No, the majority of DS points in the game came from 'give me your money or else...!'.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That sort of things provided only a small amount of DS points. And I don't think romancing Bastila resulted in any DS points at all. No, the majority of DS points in the game came from 'give me your money or else...!'.

Well Love if you can cause pain/suffering or anger/hatred which both lead to the darkside, but note i also said killing out of anger or hate, like you could choose to kill Darth Bandon motivited by veangence for killing one you were escaping with at ship, you given alot of option of passion killings throughout game that gives alot of ds point, also alot of the non killing quest can often be solve with neutral points.

It not suffiecently giving alot points but combined with Passion killing it will create similiar path as the one anakin took which was my point.

I can make a longer descriptions of similiars between the 2 games options forward DS.

Some good people just have a passion about killing, it seems there is no place in the force for them :'(

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well Love if you can cause pain/suffering or anger/hatred which both lead to the darkside, but note i also said killing out of anger or hate, like you could choose to kill Darth Bandon motivited by veangence for killing one you were escaping with at ship, you given alot of option of passion killings throughout game that gives alot of ds point, also alot of the non killing quest can often be solve with neutral points.

It not suffiecently giving alot points but combined with Passion killing it will create similiar path as the one anakin took which was my point.

I can make a longer descriptions of similiars between the 2 games options forward DS.

You mistake being passionate for being a bad-mannered thug.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

in the first game i wanted to control the sith academy so badly...i hope they implement that in the second game. maybe show some of the sith that ur badder than them, kill one of em, and make them show their allegiance by squaring off against ur teammates (will also show how much balls ur teammates have as well). i thought the sith in the first game were nuthin but common thugs, but it was still great as hell because that was the first time in a sw game that you had the choice which way you swayed.

i wanted more torture options too. i only remember one time in the first game where someone gave me some lip and i force choked him (cantina in tatooine), i hope thats another option more often, someone gets rowdy and BAM, force lightning. when i first played darkside i didn't put in points into persuade and found it difficult to swindle my way out of some stuff (dominate mind was good but i wanted more) and get some answers, in that situation i would've loved to force push somone against a wall and then fry 'em, can only hope...

i hope thats another option more often, someone gets rowdy and BAM, force lightning.

:):lol::lol::lol:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Every time I play Kotor I avoid the 'petty thug' dialog options. I am still fully dark by the game's end. To demand credits or make stupid remarks would demean my character. And since you aren't being a bully from the start it's a gradual descent into darkness.

IMO, the only time Kotor really nailed the DS was on Korriban. The 2 Sith masters were great and made you feel welcome. Most other DS situations seem forced.

Sure, you can kill Mission and dispose of Juhani and Jolee in the temple, but up until that point you could be light personified and still become dark by a single decision. That is wrong. Even Anakin made dark choices before his ultimate fateful choice. I hope that Kotor2 can do better.