How do we start out?

I'm just wondering does our PC start out at level 1? So will my consular have 6 VP and 8 FP at the beginning. If so what force powers could I cast? Do you think they will give us a bonus to compensate or will we not be able to use force powers till like level 2 or 3?

I'm just wondering does our PC start out at level 1?  So will my consular have 6 VP and 8 FP at the beginning.  If so what force powers could I cast?  Do you think they will give us a bonus to compensate or will we not be able to use force powers till like level 2 or 3?

We will start at level 1, just as K1, and your base VP and FP depend on your abilities (Con, Cha, Wis). :cool:

We will start at level 1, just as K1, and your base VP and FP depend on your abilities (Con, Cha, Wis).  :cool:

I'm thinking the same thing. Although with the new prestige classes, that'll mean we'll have to level up at an incredible rate in order to get the XP needed to get a prestige class. Afterall, TSL is supposed to be approximately the same length as KOTOR1.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Also we wont be able to cast force powers at the begining of the game we will have to wait until Kreia teaches us how to reconnect to the force, so having a low FP wont matter until more than likely level 5 or 6.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

In the beginning of KOTOR I, you got Ex. points for opening a footlocker. I think that you'll start at level 1 and get ex. points in the beginning for doing very simple things.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

It should be lvl 1, i don't see any reason for the game to start at a higher level.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just a question for the people knowledgable on D20 rules.

How skilled is a level one character compared to an ordinary joe? In KotOR 1, the Trask Ulgo, the first NPC you encounter, says you're a highly skilled soldier/scoundrel/scout even when you're level one.

Are the basic feats and skills you receive at character creation considered the result of many years of training?

Just a question for the people knowledgable on D20 rules.

How skilled is a level one character compared to an ordinary joe? In KotOR 1, the Trask Ulgo, the first NPC you encounter, says you're a highly skilled soldier/scoundrel/scout even when you're level one.

Are the basic feats and skills you receive at character creation considered the result of many years of training?

well atleast you can fight unlike those people who just walk back and forth on Taris

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

In a game like this your Number level and stats are a Game mechanic,and your actual number level and stats doesn't always equal you story power. Sometimes they're different.

Agreed. Actually you don't start the game as a lvl 1 char, since after the tutorial you are like lvl 3 or so. You get tons of XP for doing ridiculous things, a clear example of what Silver stated. And a lvl 3 char is pretty powerful compared to your average Joe, not because the 3 levels, but mostly because of the class. Peasants and commoners can't get access to the classes allowed to PCs.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

i bet he has, just like i have been waiting for this :p

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Agreed. Actually you don't start the game as a lvl 1 char, since after the tutorial you are like lvl 3 or so. You get tons of XP for doing ridiculous things, a clear example of what Silver stated. And a lvl 3 char is pretty powerful compared to your average Joe, not because the 3 levels, but mostly because of the class. Peasants and commoners can't get access to the classes allowed to PCs.

The skipable tutorrial in TSL is while controlling T3. Your character (along with any others on the Hawk at that moment) are lying either dead or dying. T3 is only guy that is able to do anything.

The skipable tutorrial in TSL is while controlling T3. Your character (along with any others on the Hawk at that moment) are lying either dead or dying. T3 is only guy that is able to do anything.

I was referring to the Endar Spire in K1...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I think you should start out in a bacte tank, and the use force jump to get out. Fall on the ground and have these screens light up. Then go steal stuff from they others in the becat tanks that hk-47 had killed. and then you meet hk and he sences he knows you, so he does not fire, becasue he was told to kill all that he did not know. then you go next door to see what all that noise is, and you see a sith just a haking people. He comes charing at you like you have never seen some one that fast, then hk comes runing in and blastes that mof up. But he reflects the bullets, and then kills hk. then unexpectingly a woman jumps out of one of the beds with a lightsaber. she fights this mystrious sith and makes him run back to his ship when he sinces the two are comeing for him.

and then you get to the ebon and leave and get atton but that is how you will began.

thats an ok idea but its not gonna happen because you spend a while on peragus. its kinda in between the endar spir and taris in length. and ur not strong enough in the beginning to jump out of the tank

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together