Chronicles of the Old Republic

It's up. Go to www.kotor2.com click game info, hit chronicles. It'll be updating every now and then. (gamespy.com gives the impression of bi-weekly.)

Enjoy!

Edit: Gamespy appears to have a new screen as well.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/star-wars-knights...2/564577p1.html

Fnord.

It's basically a story about these jolly old sith lords and their jolly old jedi counterparts. It's nice if you haven't read all the EU stories. I imagine that they'll get jucier and jucier as the weeks go on.

I think the writing is fine. May have some extra stuffins in there even if you have read the EU stories.

Here's from the top of the page:

Part I: A Golden Age

Time frame: 5,000 B.B.Y.

Period name: The Great Hyperspace War

Fnord.

Without giving it away for those who haven't seen it, what exactly is it and is it any good?

It's about the post-reign of Marka Ragnos, mostly about Sadow and Kressh and the hyperspace war.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

when do you think they will start the chronicles of the old republic? it would be interesting to find out what happened between kotor 1 and kotor 2 :)

i say the stories are much better 4000 years into the past (THE KOTOR series) is much better then the actual EU stuff they have after ROTJ...the stories are soooo much exciting...

when do you think they will start the chronicles of the old republic? it would be interesting to find out what happened between kotor 1 and kotor 2 :(

the old republic includes the story they posted. iirc the old republic is really anything before the Empire.

I can't think of anything that predates the Old Republic. I think it lasted 10,000 years straight or something along those lines.

Jedi with swords and red socks!

Thanks carth vader. :)

As the weeks go on, we'll most likely get stories that relate more and more to KOTOR 2. Unless, of course, all of this is a subtle hint on the theme of KOTOR2. :(

Fnord.

Hmm. It doesn't look like the kotor 1. . .underclothes. Though a Jedi in a leotard is a bit. . .miffing. I'd think certain female undergarments would be more comfortable for the modern jedi, no? :-

Fnord.

when do you think they will start the chronicles of the old republic? it would be interesting to find out what happened between kotor 1 and kotor 2 :)

i say the stories are much better 4000 years into the past (THE KOTOR series) is much better then the actual EU stuff they have after ROTJ...the stories are soooo much exciting...

Well, Bastilla_Skywalker, all the information is in the Tales of the Jedi comic series. There are both stories from the Sith era 5000 years before the movies, as well as from the Republic era 4000 years before the movies. Specifically, you learn how the Exar Kun War(remember, the one Jolee's wife died in) played out, and the people who were involved in that conflict.

I think it's a really good collection of stories. I've got them all.

I suspect the information in the chronicle will prove extremely relevent to TSL.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

OT: Which exactly is the comic series that narrates the Exar Kun War?

Tales of the Jedi

TotJ Knights of the Old Republic: Prelude/Introduction

TotJ The Freedon Nadd Uprising: Prelude cont.

TotJ Dark Lords of the Sith: Exar Kun War p. 1

TotJ The Sith War: p2

TotJ Redemption: Aftermath

Freedon Nadd is unnecessary. Redemption had the best writing and art but would only make sense if you read Dark Lords and Sith War.

Dark Horse Comics was the publisher. GL in finding these. Out of print.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Strange thing with the first link with two slashes, the link for the chronicles shows up:

http://www.lucasarts.com//games/swkotor_si...indexLight.html

but without two slashes it doesn't show:

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sit...indexLight.html

Was trying for ages to find the chronicles link and for some wierd reason you need two slashes!?

What gives?