Atris's Role

It all depends on how you look at it. I mean if the handmaiden can be the apprentice then she would have a major role in the game but if you could choose someone else then she would have a very minor role in the game. I would think that the handmaiden is "the NPC formally known as Atris" and that someone else is know going by that name, maybe the femalke sith or maybe the queen of onderon or maybe just a lowly sith solider we more than likely wont know until either tha game comes out or more character info is released.

Also where was it established that she wouldn't have a important role in the game (the handmaiden I mean)?  Since we just found out about her in the last week I don't think I have seen anything that said that she will not have a vital role, though to be honest I may have just missed it.

Check the topic a page or two back entitled Full Party composition and the topic Who Might Be in Your Party?. In one of themt Akari points out and Visas Marr and Handmaiden can't be in the same party. It is mentioned somewhere in the other there that both are from Onderon. Marr is a member of the secret Sith society The Krath while the Handmaiden serves the Queen of Onderon.

EDIT: A little fixing.

Thank you for the information Adam Brennecke...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I doubt it. Adam Brennecke just likes to watch, he's such a voyeur. (w00t)  :rolleyes:"

Whatever floats his boat. (w00t) :blink:"

:ph34r:

I enjoy reading all the funny stuff and crap that you guys come up with. Some of it is surprisingly spot on, and the rest is waaay out there in left field. I usually don't post often because I am busy working.

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

I doubt it. Adam Brennecke just likes to watch, he's such a voyeur. (w00t)  :thumbsup:"

Whatever floats his boat. (w00t) :)"

I enjoy reading all the funny stuff and crap that you guys come up with. Some of it is surprisingly spot on, and the rest is waaay out there in left field. I usually don't post often because I am busy working.

Sometimes its just fun being a dreamcrusher eh?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I doubt it. Adam Brennecke just likes to watch, he's such a voyeur. (w00t)  :thumbsup:"

Whatever floats his boat. (w00t) :)"

That's intimidating, wonder which ones where "spot on"?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That's intimidating, wonder which ones where "spot on"?

Probaly the ones that sound the most insane

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I do not see any harm done with just a few sentences given away...I respect Chris Avellone and I am sure he and his mates are doing a brilliant job on TSL, I am sure he is a cool guy along with any other developer out there....besides this is possibly not the only thread whos given close spoilers any way....somthing is bound to leak out any way some where

I enjoy reading all the funny stuff and crap that you guys come up with. Some of it is surprisingly spot on, and the rest is waaay out there in left field. I usually don't post often because I am busy working

im sure there clues in this...as Adam said some of us a spot on....cool!

Whatever her role, Atris is a jedi or at least a wielder of the light side of the force, meaning she probably wont be the Queen of onderon...but then again who says a queen cant be a jedi too.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

This further strengthens my belief that Atris will be the final boss, DS scenario, while Nihilis will be the LS villain.

Remember all the concept pictures of Atris and Nihilis fighting? I think, at some point during the game, you'll stumble across the two in a duel, and one will finish the other, depending on the side you choose. If you are LS, Nihilis will kill Atris (or Atris will sacrifice herself for you), and vice versa. Then at the end, you'll be able to settle the score.

Kinda like the Vader/Obi-Wan battle in A New Hope.

This further strengthens my belief that Atris will be the final boss, DS scenario, while Nihilis will be the LS villain.

Remember all the concept pictures of Atris and Nihilis fighting? I think, at some point during the game, you'll stumble across the two in a duel, and one will finish the other, depending on the side you choose. If you are LS, Nihilis will kill Atris (or Atris will sacrifice herself for you), and vice versa. Then at the end, you'll be able to settle the score.

That's an awesome idea :wacko:

i agree; you'll either fight atris/whc or nihilis/msg(are they the same?) at some point, but i don't think atris is the queen of onderon. why should she be? these are just crazy fanboy speculations...

i agree; you'll either fight atris/whc or nihilis/msg(are they the same?) at some point, but i don't think atris is the queen of onderon. why should she be? these are just crazy fanboy speculations...

Ummm...because Atris (if she is WHC) looks almost identical to the handmaiden, drawing a parallel to Amidala and her handmaidens in Episode 1.

If Atris is the WHC, she almost has to be the Queen of Onderon just to explain the similarity between her and the handmaiden.

I disagree. I think they look very different. The Handmaiden has a very roundish face, whereas "Atris" has a more narrow and angular face. The handmaiden also looks like she could be a bit older. The skin and hair color, even eye color, is almost exactly the same, but I just think the facial structure is too different...

I still think that the person who we are calling Atris is now known as the handmaiden and the name of Atris is being use for someone else in the game (more than likely with white hair and evil given that the name has a sinester meaning... which I forget right now), I would like it if the name Atris was used for the Female Sith Lord, a.k.a. Darth Atris. Also for the two looking different well since anyscreen shots we might have had of atris (not meaning concept art) would have been from fairly early in the game development process. And another thing when the dev answered the question which lead to everyone on the board refering to everyone calling the WHC Artis its also possible that they were mistaken as to who the person was meaning or something like that and unintentually(sp?) gave away the name of someone else in the game.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png