How many times have you beaten Kotor?

So how many was it?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. So how many was it?

• More than you
    • 7+
    • Lost count
    • Have yet to beat it

50+ times quite frankly I have lost count...

The exact count is 17, though 18 is coming along nicely  :-

Geeze! And I thought my 5 times completed, 7 times semi-completed was a lot. How can you guys play it so many times?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The exact count is 17, though 18 is coming along nicely  ;)

Geeze! And I thought my 5 times completed, 7 times semi-completed was a lot. How can you guys play it so many times?

They're probably kids with no social life. :lol:

I've only complited KOTOR 4 times->

1st. LS male Scoundrel 5/Jedi Guardian 15

2nd. DS female Scout 5/Jedi Consular 12

3rd. LS male Scout 3/Jedi Sentinel 16 (+mod)

4th. DS female Solder 4/Jedi Consular 16 (+mod)

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

They're probably kids with no social life.  ;)

LOL I'm an adult with no social life (well, except when my friends make me do stuff) and an abundance of free time, but I just can't play through KOTOR that many times and I consider KOTOR my favorite game of recent memory. Once I'd exhausted most dialogue options and variations of play throughs (male, female, LS, DS, different combos of both), I just couldn't play through any more knowing exactly what was going to happen next.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

LOL I'm an adult with no social life (well, except when my friends make me do stuff) and an abundance of free time, but I just can't play through KOTOR that many times and I consider KOTOR my favorite game of recent memory.  Once I'd exhausted most dialogue options and variations of play throughs (male, female, LS, DS, different combos of both), I just couldn't play through any more knowing exactly what was going to happen next.

As you stated you're an adult.

It's easier for the kids to loose themselves into the game.

when you're no longer able to pull 30+ hour gaming sessions, you know you're old.

P.S. there are allways exceptions.

I've never pulled off a 30 hour gaming session! :p Must have been born old ;)

Mind you I did spend all four weeks of my Easter holiday one year playing Baldur's Gate for a good 12 hours a day (having bought it on the first day of the holiday)... now that's a properly long game :)

These days since I have a job that'd be my entire holiday allowance of the year! :o:o OTOH, I can think of worse things to do with annual leave...

(keep in mind I have no life)

60 or so times [20 or so begining to end]

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

48 hours was my record on gaming. Parents left the day after I got SWKOTOR and I hadn't stopped playing. I beat the game... started it again, and when they got home said i'd just started.

Then I was hugry and had to stop. Then i went to bed and stayed there for twelve hours.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

when I first got my game I called in all my months sick days right after that. Hell I almost lost my job because of it, mind you I REALLY hated my job so it was all good. Also my longest time playing was 39hrs straight that was the first weekend I had it. :D

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I still don't know how you guys can play through so many times, after every possible dialogue choice and outcome has become known. I loved KOTOR, but I just can't play through again when each time I enter an area I can say "yeah, this is what happens here, then this guy attacks, then i do this" without a moment's thought.

I still don't know how you guys can play through so many times, after every possible dialogue choice and outcome has become known.  I loved KOTOR, but I just can't play through again when each time I enter an area I can say "yeah, this is what happens here, then this guy attacks, then i do this" without a moment's thought.

For some it's the feeling of empowerment (hacking through the enemies). :-

Sad really. :luck:

It's a miracle I was able to play through KOTOR 5 times. Usually, I don't even FINISH games. Especially cRPG games. As soon as I get to the end levels and the "story" has been revealed, I get bored if all that's left is the end fight.

For me, if it's an interesting story, I can probably play through 3 times. The first time I usually rush through, missing stuff. The second time I take more time and do things (side quests, talk to all NPCs) that I missed in the first run through. The third time is to exhaust all possible things to do. In KOTOR, I was able to play through an additional 2 times, probably because of the LS/DS ending and the male/female romances and whatnot. But after all that, I can't keep interested when I can literally play out each area in my head to 100% accuracy.

Fan made mods helped a bit. Adding different robes and new powers were a "novelty" that helped me play through more times. But as a whole, once all things have been tried and exhausted, I move on.

It's a miracle I was able to play through KOTOR 5 times.  Usually, I don't even FINISH games.  Especially cRPG games.  As soon as I get to the end levels and the "story" has been revealed, I get bored if all that's left is the end fight.

For me, if it's an interesting story, I can probably play through 3 times.  The first time I usually rush through, missing stuff.  The second time I take more time and do things (side quests, talk to all NPCs) that I missed in the first run through.  The third time is to exhaust all possible things to do.  In KOTOR, I was able to play through an additional 2 times, probably because of the LS/DS ending and the male/female romances and whatnot.  But after all that, I can't keep interested when I can literally play out each area in my head to 100% accuracy.

Fan made mods helped a bit.  Adding different robes and new powers were a "novelty" that helped me play through more times.  But as a whole, once all things have been tried and exhausted, I move on.

I fully agree with you here.

but still you played it(KOTOR) through more often than me (4 time through was enough for me).

The exact count is 17, though 18 is coming along nicely  :)

They're probably kids with no social life. :wub:

ya im a kid but i have a great social life. i hang out with my friends and go to the movies and stuff all the time but im able to pull all nighters playing it. and ive had it for a long time and when i dont have stuff to do i play it. so ur assumption about me bein a kid is true but i do have a social life its just i have free time to play to

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I completed it about 17 times start to finish but all as male... ive recently started female but cant continue... does it impact the story tremendously...because the only real reason i started again was to kill Carth <_<

Not really. Except you have Carth flirting with you all the time, instead of being able to tease Bastila.

I have far too good memory to replay a RPG. I did go back to the temple and play the Darkside ending.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "