Guest Darth Banooby7

Who is your Favorite Jedi Master?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Favorite Jedi Master?

• Master Vandar
    • Master Yoda
    • Master Vrook
    • Master Dorak
    • The dude you trained under on Dantooine (forgot his name)
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi
    • Mace Windu
    • Bastila

But...But...He has a beardand moustache!

So do I and I'm a 16 year old computer nerd. What's your point? :blink:

Definately Obi-Wan. The original master. Who kicked Anakin's ass once, and ethereally kicked his ass later, and killed Darth Maul too.

If there was a topic about Sith Masters, it'd probably be a tie between Darth Vader and Yuthara Ban.

Obi-wan and qui-gon...the rest is just muppets.

MUPPETS????????

Then, explain me, why Qui-Gon? I saw no wisdom in this "great Jedi" - only a warrior. Nothing like Jedi Master who can do the things without risking the life of young boys. But he isnt guilty - he`s just a bad made character.

No offense - just oppinion.

Vergere (Traitor version, not Destiny's Way version). Not even the most Force sensitive could find her in the Force when she wanted hide; particularly in her 'art of defense' with the Force--Luke Skywalker couldn't even attack her through the Force. She rejected the labels of the light and dark side of the Force stating that if there was corruption it was part of the individual not the consciousness of the Force; and showed the flaws in Yoda's dogma of the living Force.

Ben (obi-wan) Kenobi.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Vergere (Traitor version, not Destiny's Way version).  Not even the most Force sensitive could find her in the Force when she wanted hide; particularly in her 'art of defense' with the Force--Luke Skywalker couldn't even attack her through the Force.  She rejected the labels of the light and dark side of the Force stating that if there was corruption it was part of the individual not the consciousness of the Force; and showed the flaws in Yoda's dogma of the living Force.

Who is Vergere? More importantly, how do you pronounce, 'Vergere'?

I cant really decide...I am leaning towards Master Yoda because I have seen a small portion of his abilities....But I have yet to see Mace Windu skills with the Force...He didnt show much lightsaber skill...All he did was deflect blasters and take off Jangos head..I really like them both but from my knowledge i will choose Yoda...For now

Vergere (Traitor version, not Destiny's Way version).  Not even the most Force sensitive could find her in the Force when she wanted hide; particularly in her 'art of defense' with the Force--Luke Skywalker couldn't even attack her through the Force.  She rejected the labels of the light and dark side of the Force stating that if there was corruption it was part of the individual not the consciousness of the Force; and showed the flaws in Yoda's dogma of the living Force.

Actually, there's no indication that Yoda couldn't do everything she could, and more. Considering she learned her stuff during the Old Republic era under masters like Yoda and such.

Skywalker couldn't do anything against her because he didn't have access to that kind of knowledge. Yoda, Mace, etc. did.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Vergere was trained during the Old Republic but she had half a century to consider the issue that the Yuuzhan Vong were beyond her perception in the Force not to mention hiding the fact that she was Force trained from the yammosks, voxyn et al; Yoda subscribed to the living Force and thus his perceptions of the Force would have been invariably flawed. Giving similar circumstances Yoda might have developed such abilities but then one cannot argue for a negative. Also, Yoda had to hide on Dagobah and use the pressence of the 'dark side' to hide himself from the Emperor; Vergere could do so without having to confine herself to one location.

Vergere was trained during the Old Republic but she had half a century to consider the issue that the Yuuzhan Vong were beyond her perception in the Force not to mention hiding the fact that she was Force trained from the yammosks, voxyn et al; Yoda subscribed to the living Force and thus his perceptions of the Force would have been invariably flawed.  Giving similar circumstances Yoda might have developed such abilities but then one cannot argue for a negative.  Also, Yoda had to hide on Dagobah and use the pressence of the 'dark side' to hide himself from the Emperor; Vergere could do so without having to confine herself to one location.

Actually, considering the fact Yoda hid himself from the Emperor (someone who had a vast amount of Force power), regardless of "using the pressense of the dark side", is a bigger feat than Vergere hiding herself from Luke.

Luke's not exactly in the Emperor's class in terms of sheer knowledge and power of the Force. He's a half-breed from a whiny father and a short princess with a Brooklyn accent. :blink:

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Sorry Exar, but to me Qui-Gon was 3 times the Jedi Obi-Wan was (Though I like the charcater of Obi also). He had that serene demeanor, you might not have found wisdom in the character but I sure did when he talked about the living Force and how he knows Jedi are not indestructible. But he also takes initiative and does what he feels is right following his instincts, despite that putting him at odds with the Council a lot. I found him a way better mentor than Obi in Ep4, though naturally no one is better mentor than Yoda. Still Qui-Gon is definately my favorite. Just my opinion of course. :blink:

When Vergere hid herself from Luke I don't mean physically: she stood right in front of him and told him to attack her through the Force, but Luke simply couldn't detect her and thus his Force attacks were completely useless. Note that she hid herself from the Emperor, Vader, Yoda and Obi-Wan as well for 50 years as well when they all thought Luke was the last of the Jedi. The distinction I am making here is that Vergere relied on her latent abilities but Yoda had to rely on external events, particularly his duel with the Bpfasshi Dark Jedi on Dagobah.

Sorry Exar, but to me Qui-Gon was 3 times the Jedi Obi-Wan was (Though I like the charcater of Obi also). He had that serene demeanor, you might not have found wisdom in the character but I sure did when he talked about the living Force and how he knows Jedi are not indestructible. But he also takes initiative and does what he feels is right following his instincts, despite that putting him at odds with the Council a lot. I found him a way better mentor than Obi in Ep4, though naturally no one is better mentor than Yoda. Still Qui-Gon is definately my favorite. Just my opinion of course. ;)

im always gonna vote obi on these but i really agree with u on the qui gon thing. and he was respected by the other jedi still even those on the council even tho he defied them if he wouldve been on the council i think the sith might not have won. the jedi would have been more aware of how vulnerable they really were.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Note that she hid herself from the Emperor, Vader, Yoda and Obi-Wan as well for 50 years as well when they all thought Luke was the last of the Jedi. 

Uh? She hid herself from those guys because she was in a different UNIVERSE. She was in the Vong universe, which was completely different from the universe we know in most of Star Wars. So in effect, "she" didn't hide herself from the Emperor, but rather the distances between universes did.

Qui-Gon Jinn is not my favourite Jedi but I think he plays a bigger role as some might think. In the movies Qui-Gon is the first Jedi who could rise from the dead. Even Yoda first heard of this chance by Qui-Gon's posthumous voice.

In Ep3 it will be explained why Yoda's and Obi-Wan's body disappeared after their deaths.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he