Guest Darth Banooby7

Who is your Favorite Jedi Master?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Favorite Jedi Master?

• Master Vandar
    • Master Yoda
    • Master Vrook
    • Master Dorak
    • The dude you trained under on Dantooine (forgot his name)
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi
    • Mace Windu
    • Bastila

Uh?  She hid herself from those guys because she was in a different UNIVERSE.  She was in the Vong universe, which was completely different from the universe we know in most of Star Wars.  So in effect, "she" didn't hide herself from the Emperor, but rather the distances between universes did.

A different galaxy, not universe, but that's beside the point as distance is immaterial as she could have done so while being within a few feet on them (hence the Skywalker example.) Vergere was still an integral aspect of the Force, so accoding to Yoda's philosphy on a living Force he should have been able to sense her, as well as the Vong since they are living. By hiding her Force pressence from the Yuuzhan Vong's yammosks she effectively hid herself from them as well; which she did again when she was a fugative and was able to concele herself from Kyp, Durron, Saba, the Skywalker's....

A different galaxy, not universe, but that's beside the point as distance is immaterial as she could have done so while being within a few feet on them (hence the Skywalker example.)  Vergere was still an integral aspect of the Force, so accoding to Yoda's philosphy on a living Force he should have been able to sense her, as well as the Vong since they are living.  By hiding her Force pressence from the Yuuzhan Vong's yammosks she effectively hid herself from them as well; which she did again when she was a fugative and was able to concele herself from Kyp, Durron, Saba, the Skywalker's....

And again I reiterate, saying her ability to hide herself from Luke, Kyp, etc. of the new generation means very little, since it's widely considered that the Jedi Order of the Old Republic was MUCH more powerful than Luke and his little cub scouts.

And my point about the Vong galaxy being different is to counter you saying that Yoda needed to shield himself on Dagobah. Vergere did the same thing, except multiply that by 1000 since she was in a different galaxy. That would be equivalent to Yoda hiding his presense from the CIA while hiding in one of the states of the US, whereas Vergere was in Australia hiding herself. Obviously it's going to be easier for her when she's so much farther away.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Arbitrarily quantifying each generation's sensitivity to the Force, hrmm? According to Vergere, Jacen Solo was more powerful Force user than even Anakin Skywalker whom Lucas has said was the most powerful of the Jedi so one could make the argument contrary to your assertion on the old and new Jedi Order... whatever it is based on remains to be seen.

Now looking at a map of the the Star Wars universe, Dagobah is further from Coruscant than Belkadan or the border of the Unknown Regions, in which case even were there some barrier of dark matter surrounding the galaxy, when Vergere was at Zanoma Sekot she would have actually been in closer proximity to Palpatine than when Yoda was on Coruscant. In which case given some deductive reasoning since Yoda required something to mask his pressence, at the time he was indeed within the range of Palpatine Force sense (assuming of course there is indeed some range, what is it, 1 AU, 10, 100?). And if Yoda was within range then when the Vong were at the edge of the Unknown regions she should have been detected none the less.

Arbitrarily quantifying each generation's sensitivity to the Force, hrmm?  According to Vergere, Jacen Solo was more powerful Force user than even Anakin Skywalker whom Lucas has said was the most powerful of the Jedi so one could make the argument contrary to your assertion on the old and new Jedi Order... whatever it is based on remains to be seen.

Now looking at a map of the the Star Wars universe, Dagobah is further from Coruscant than Belkadan or the border of the Unknown Regions, in which case even were there some barrier of dark matter surrounding the galaxy, when Vergere was at Zanoma Sekot she would have actually been in closer proximity to Palpatine than when Yoda was on Coruscant.  In which case given some deductive reasoning since Yoda required something to mask his pressence, at the time he was indeed within the range of Palpatine Force sense (assuming of course there is indeed some range, what is it, 1 AU, 10, 100?).  And if Yoda was within range then when the Vong were at the edge of the Unknown regions she should have been detected none the less.

So you're basing your argument on what Vergere says? Because she says that Jacen Solo is the most powerful Jedi, that automatically makes it so? That would mean that Kyp Durron is more powerful than Luke, since Kyp felt he was. Sorry, not a valid argument. The point is, and it has been stated in MANY novels, that the new Jedi Order has admitted that a lot of the power and mystique about the Force and the ways to use the Force were lost when the Jedi Purge took place. By their own admittance, they acknowledge that they don't have even the slightest bit of power or knowledge that the Old Republic Jedi did.

As far as the distances go, please tell me you didn't just say that Dagobah is farther away from Coruscant than an entirely different galaxy that sits at an unknown distance from the galaxy that all the planets we know of in the SW universe exist in. To travel from one galaxy to the next, even if they are side by side, isn't the same as travelling from one planet that's right next to the other. That was just plain rediculous.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Precisely my point; I brought it up because you said old were more powerful than the new, and yet when a knight of the Old Republic, Vergere, acknowledges that a member of the new Jedi Order, Jacen Solo, is more powerful than the most powerful Jedi, Anakin Skywalker, according to canon; why then do you have a double standard? Or do your beliefs take precedent over canon?

As to the second point if you go back and actually read it, I clearly state Zonama Sekot not another galaxy. The Unknown Regions are part of the Star Wars galaxy, they are quite obviously, just unexplored by the Empire/Republic/Alliance.

No more of that "canon crap" please

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Or lets just not talk about stuff that might be changed as soon as another novel saying that something else is true.

Why don't you come up with a more interesting arguement, then such in such author, whos not George Lucas, but his secretary approved it so it has to be true, wrote this crappy novel that said this:

How about coming up with something thought provoking instead of I'm going to brow beat you with my "EU" knowledge, as lame as it is.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm sorry I've obviously hit a nerve to provoke this response, I merely ment to say that bringing up "canon" arguements will inevidable bring up the separate universe arguement, the Lucas's people approve it arguement, and etc. Also that Shneider is like a stream of bat's piss arguement. ;)

Precisely my point; I brought it up because you said old were more powerful than the new, and yet when a knight of the Old Republic, Vergere,  acknowledges that a member of the new Jedi Order, Jacen Solo, is more powerful than the most powerful Jedi, Anakin Skywalker, according to canon; why then do you have a double standard?  Or do your beliefs take precedent over canon?

As to the second point if you go back and actually read it, I clearly state Zonama Sekot not another galaxy.  The Unknown Regions are part of the Star Wars galaxy, they are quite obviously, just unexplored by the Empire/Republic/Alliance.

Again, you missed my point about that being VERGERE'S opinion about Jacen Solo being more powerful than any other Jedi. And what was her catch phrase again? "Everything I tell you is a lie". You can't use what one CHARACTER believes as some sort of fact. And really, that's beside the overall point. Even if it is conceded that Jacen IS the most powerful Jedi ever, doesn't prove that the new Jedi are more powerful as a whole than the old Jedi.

Have you actually read anything about ZS? Or about Vergere's time on ZS? Obviously you haven't if you're going to state that she was ON Zonama Sekot when the Emperor was in power. By the time of the Jedi Purge, she had already left ZS and had gone with the Yuuzhan Vong to their own galaxy. So while Sekot may or may not have been in the unknowns (the planet travels frequently), Vergere was not on it.

I like mace he is definitely the best human jedi as I haven't yet seen him emotiona he is control personified, obi got angry when qui-gon died, kotor's jedi are nothing compared to movie jedi, yoda and mace are way better acted and developed. mace seems to be very wise. but tomorrow I may go back to liking yoda better toss up between those two really but

• 2 months later...
this topic needs reviving =P

No, ei, nej, niet, nein, non.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Was anyone one else saddened to learn that Masters

Dorak & Zhar

were killed

by Nihilus on Katarr

:)

They were greats guys and were particulary fond of

Revan

R.I.P. Masters

Zhar & Dorak

.  :'(

Stupid Vrook, he could have taken their place instead

Damn Straight! That stupid punk should have gone. It's all that cow bitch's fault, since

Atris

leaked the info about the

Jedi concavation

and then cowerered away herself. <_<

manthing2.jpg