Kaftan Barlast

pick a president  

102 members have voted

1. 1. pick a president

• John Kerry
    • Ralph Nader
    • George W. Bush

simple enough.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

what a funny poll. political pen!s envy?

anybody care 'bout politics in sweden? maybe our ikea catalog not come on time if there is a revolution in sweden?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

some editing taking place? oh well, we leave our response.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

All I did was to remove the extras and just have a pure "pick your president thread" since it was redundant.

And I dont understand whats so funny about the people of other countries caring about politics in the worlds last remaining superpower? It would be insane to deny that the outcome of the election will have worldwide consequences.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

All I did was to remove the extras and just have a pure "pick your president thread" since it was redundant.

And I dont understand whats so funny about the people of other countries caring about politics in the worlds last remaining superpower? It would be insane to deny that the outcome of the election will have worldwide consequences.

not really redundant, since originally you was asking SPECIFICALLY for non-americans to respond to your poll.

and as to our amusement... as a non-citizen of the u.s.a. your opinions and concern reveal no little degree o' impotence. again, before the edit, you asked for folks NOT living in u.s.a. to respond

^ That's a pretty big generalization there, Gromnir.

when a guy specifically asks for the opinions of non-americans concerning upcoming election (as 'posed to just anybody,) we not feel bad 'bout lumping him into the unfortunately large group we identified. is up to him to disassociate self from such folks... if he so desires.

HA! Good Fun!

not really redundant, since originally you was asking SPECIFICALLY for non-americans to respond to your poll.

I intended it to be for everyone, thats why I edited it since it could be inerpreted as being strictly for non-US citizens(the very first bit of text was to make it clear that the poll was for non-US peple too). I then edited it once more because there was no sense to have lots of text explaining something that no text at all could explain just as well.

and as to our amusement... as a non-citizen of the u.s.a. your opinions and concern reveal no little degree o' impotence.  again, before the edit, you asked for folks NOT living in u.s.a. to respond

Bush. Though he's a goomba; Kerry's an even bigger one. Though Kerry did win the debates. Being President is much more than just that and Kerry lacks it a lot more than Bush.

As for Grom's point, as an outsider, I agree. Us non Amerikans sure have an unhealthy interest in their election. in fact, i've seen pathetic 'petitions' demanding for non Amerikans to aprticipate. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Some dude put up tons of anti-Bush posters (which were quite silly) at the entrance of my residence (in Ontario, Kanada). Stuff like "Billionairs for Bush", "41 reasons to hate Bush" (which included stuff like "Bush is on course to be the prez that's taken the most vacation"), "It's a class war, and we're wnning it!" and "How many species do you really need?".

Not really intelligent stuff, including an essay on why Bush was a dictator-wannabe printed off the net from a weirdo site.

A week or so after that somebody started posting anti-Kerry stuff that was equally stupid.

I wonder what's the point of that, since there aren't any American voters at my place, or ones that are likely to visit soon.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Precisely, who ever said humor doesnt belong in politics?

"My opinions reveal impotence? If anything its my citizenship that "reveals impotence" in that Im not able to vote in the US election."

like we said... political pen!s envy.

we spent time teaching/studying in europe... gives us perspective if not any sort of expertise. our european friends never got tired of telling us how stoopid americans was/is (they seemed to be able to ignore Gromnir's dual citizenship,) and they loved to share their opinions of what the u.s. should/shouldn't be doing. u.s.a. should stay out of other folks' business, right? too bad folks can't take own advice and stay out of ours.

as to darque comment, folks here in the states generally don't take politics very serious compared to folks elsewhere. we would bet that more folks recall the snl skits from past Presidential debates than the than the actual debates themselves.

HA! Good Fun!

I like the "just for fun" poll at Winterwind better... Bush vs Kerry vs Clinton. Clinton ran with 100% of the votes :wacko:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm voting Kerry for the simple fact (lots of reasons, but this is the biggy) that whoever wins will most likely get to nominate Supreme Court Justices.

The thought of the man who made "Jesus Day" an offical holiday in Texas selecting judges for the Supreme Court scares the **** out of me.

Regardless, I'm in Illinois, the state is going to Kerry.

Why? He lied about Iraq/Hussein and their/its ties to WMD and terorrism though.

R00fles! :lol:

If that was about Clintons popularity...

To quote myself (which feels a bit odd to be honest)

Heh, Clinton.

Bush is a weak moron who probably doesn't know what sex is, Kerry is a weak, clueless and inexperienced leader. At least Clinton was a horny, cheating and stealing charismatic bastard  :)

Disclaimer: That is words from a complete outsider that knows very little about the politics that doesn't make the headlines.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein