US election poll

Kaftan Barlast

pick a president  

102 members have voted

1. 1. pick a president

• John Kerry
    • Ralph Nader
    • George W. Bush

Bah, i've been watching the debates recently and here's my verdict: Is this it? no other serious contender? Bah.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bah, i've been watching the debates recently and here's my verdict: Is this it? no other serious contender? Bah.

If Kerry loses, I expect J. McCain Vs. H. Clinton next year

More like Schwarzenegger vs. H. Clinton :lol: (If the law conserning immigrant's right to become president is changed). But it would still leave it two parties, one right-wing and the other further right-wing, to do the debates. I want more diversity in the next election.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The whole "election" thing embarrases (sp) me.

I think these people take themselves far too seriously :lol:

Yes running the last world super power is such a non-serious issue... what are they thinking taking the topics that effect our very lives seriously.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

If everyone in the world got to vote then Kerry would win by a landslide...but as *only* US citizens get to vote, Bush still has a chance. :unsure:

As an outsider I must admit I don't know much about Kerry, but I do know he couldn't be any worse than Bush, so why not give him a chance?

The Globe and Mail ran a story a few weeks ago about how 64% of Canadians want Kerry to win the election, 11% Bush, and the rest was Undecided.

If I could vote. I'd vote for Howard Dean.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

non-US... d'ya think they might be a bit on the liberal side?

:lol:

The notion that europeans are mostly liberal is outright naive. Every country that has an economic elite also has conservatives, especially european countries.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

gee, 2/3 of the board population are non-US... d'ya think they might be a bit on the liberal side?

:lol:

taks

Actually outside the US, the term "liberal" means that you're a fan of Reagan's economic policies => right-wing.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"Regardless, I'm in Illinois, the state is going to Kerry. "

Yeah the way Chicago goes the rest of the state must follow, some thing that really chapps my ass.

Oh and Gorth Clinton lied under oath. No matter what weak excuse he gave that is unacceptable for the President to do, he is to up hold the law not break it. Clinton and a lot of Dems lost my respect when he did that and people were defending him.

"The notion that europeans are mostly liberal is outright naive. Every country that has an economic elite also has conservatives, especially european countries. "

Yes Kraftan but unless your economic elite are the mojority of the population wouldn't that make the majority the opposite of what you just stated? I do believe Gromnir was talking about the majority not that there were no conservatives.

P.S. Go Bush

"i've seen pathetic 'petitions' demanding for non Amerikans to aprticipate."

You've got to be kidding me. While I do think that the US elections are a pretty important even for the world, that's just wrong.

It's wrong, alright... but it's happening anyway, and it flat ticks me off. Norweigans, for example, took out a huge, full-page ad in the Washington Post denigrating Bush and extolling Kerry's virtues. Norweigans, for crying out loud.

Now anyone who knows me knows that I dispise Bush, and would hack off my voting arm with a pen knife before I'd vote for him... but I still resent a group of Europeans trying to influence USA elections. Like, it's none of their freaking business. I doubt the French, for example, would be terribly pleased if Americans dumped a ton of money to officially campaign for some non-Chirac candidate because... and follow me here... France's choice of president is none of our business . Yet you cannot legitimately state, as some Europeans on other boards have, that America must stay out of Europe's politics but it's okay for Europe to attempt to influence American politics because America is a "superpower" (cripes, first you label us with that pathetic description, then y'all use that label to justify the unjustifyable).

So yeah, I rolled my eyes when I first saw a "non-American" poll on the American election. Just as most of you would if the tables were reversed in your own countries.

Not only did the Norweigians put out a full-page ad, Di, but The Guardian of London is encouraging Brits to write to voters in Cook County, OH, where they believe the election will be decided, to encourage them to vote for Kerry. Several British celebraties, such as David Cornwell (whose nom de plume is John Le Carr

I do understand the reasons why they are so keen influencing American elections. The United States is the most powerful country in the world. We can mop up the floor of any nation one on one on the planet. What we don't need is another four years of an idiotic warmongering president who never saw combat first hand.

To take the "the only remaining superpower" argument further: As the only remaining superpower on the planet, I have decided that henceforth it is in the world's best interests for the United States and its citizenry to henceforth dictate who will be elected in every nation, whether enemy or ally. This will be done by flooding all lines of communication with whom Americans believe would be best suited, and a never-ceasing stream of letters, paid advertisements, and films.

Sound like fun to you? As the only remaining superpower in the world, we are well within our rights to do such a thing, and even go further. However, for the most part, we leave other countries to sort out their own affairs. I suggest y'all learn to do the same.

In the arena of states (read: nations) and politics, power is, unfortunately, all that matters. Without power, a state ceases to function effictively, or at all. As the purpose of government is to both protect its citizenry and ensure that trade is regulated, a lack of power causes a state to fail in both regards. Continuing, the more power that a state has, the better able it is to protect its citizenry and their wealth. Thus, one can conclude that the best thing for any state is to dictate the policies of other nations, thus ensuring that the best interests of its citizenry are always served.

The notion that europeans are mostly liberal is outright naive. Every country that has an economic elite also has conservatives, especially european countries.

uh, that statement is incredibly naive. first of all, in every other country, what you deem as "conservative" is still liberal by our standards. second of all, the rest of the democratic nations in the world are almost all "social democracies" which, by definition, are liberal. finally, just because other countries with "economic elite" do indeed have what we would deem "conservatives", your statement addresses only a few while i was addressing a generality.

do some research before you make such statements, kaftan. the US is, without a doubt, the most conservative country in the world (with the sole exception being australia).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Actually outside the US, the term "liberal" means that you're a fan of Reagan's economic policies => right-wing.

but i'm in the US responding to politics (and a vote) in the US, therefore i'm justified using the left-wing definition of "liberal." if anybody is incapable of discerning that difference, then they probably are not qualified to comment on this discussion.

taks

comrade taks... just because.