US election poll

Kaftan Barlast

pick a president  

102 members have voted

1. 1. pick a president

• John Kerry
    • Ralph Nader
    • George W. Bush

All you had to say was you disagree and leave it at that, or better yet, nothing at all. Rather then dive in a tirade of a self superior, 'I am better then you' speech.

better than you? your argument failed and i told you why. any assumption on your part that i was pretending to be "superior" is your own problem. it is obvious i am more educated in the methods of constructing logical arguments. perhaps i have been a bit snide in making that distinction, but nowhere have i stated that i am superior.

FURTHERMORE, why do you post if you do not expect replies? if i am to disagree, should i not provide reasons why? my tirade is proof of a counter argument that you have yet been able to respond to.

Your lack of tact, trying to belittle someone certainly speaks volumes.

that's an ad-hominem. i pointed out your flawed logic and you tell me i have a lack of tact. debate is a logical construct that you have failed to demonstrate and i clearly stated why that is so.

When I care what some stranger on the net thinks of me or my way to debate I will let you know. I am certainly not going to loose any sleep over it though I hope it made you feel better about youself.

not sure what you're getting at here... i haven't judged you at all. i've certainly judged your ability to formulate a logical argument.

how clear do i need to make it that you have yet to present a logical counter to my assessment that you are confusing tolerance with acceptance? i also pointed out that you use this argument method (straw man) regularly. it is not my fault if you can't face facts... your argument failed and i'm the one that caught it. sorry.

I stand by my previous comments.

comments which STILL fail to address my argument.

tell me, do you understand the difference between tolerance and acceptance and can you logically conclude that your previous quotes don't indicate the contrary?

rhomal, your posts clearly indicate that YOU think you're self righteous in your tolerance and you expect others to feel the same. HOWEVER, by confusing the issue of tolerance vs. acceptance, and expecting others to feel the same you have placed the standard of "accepting all beliefs as valid" on them and then likewise judged them based on their failure to live up to such acceptance. whether you like it or not, belief systems regularly rule out accepting others' lifestyles, behaviors and practices. just because somebody like bush (or me) does not accept your version of religion, or islam, or whatever, does not mean they are not tolerant. two TOTALLY different ideas.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

It appears they are talking about hetero and homosexual relationships and is one's sexuality based on genetics or environmentally learned.  This is in regards to Bush's relationship with his wife versus kerry's and Edward's relationship.

I dunno.

With all the blow Georgie did while somehow not managing to find oil in Texas, I imagine their relationship is probably what every evangelist would want it to be; passing acquaintance, no more. Though he's got plenty of ED drugs to choose from now, so who knows?

So tell me, exactly, why someone would choose to be a homosexual?  Especially someone in a state like Mississippi?

Your argument is flawed.

incredibly. just because there are valid reasons to not choose a lifestyle (or anything for that matter) does not mean we as humans don't choose it anyway. nobody wants to die in war, either, yet people regularly enlist for just such a purpose... choosing said lifestyle does not imply choosing the consequences.

taks

Over 1,000 American soldiers dead is not "just" a mistake.

great soundbite but hardly relevant to the "lie" comment that oddly you and deganawida both agree on... this is the emotional plea, actually (aka an appeal to emotion).

taks

Over 1,000 American soldiers dead is not "just" a mistake.

great soundbite but hardly relevant to the "lie" comment that oddly you and deganawida both agree on... this is the emotional plea, actually (aka an appeal to emotion).

taks

Did you just get finished with the logical fallacy portion of your Philosophy 101 textbook or something?

Less than a week left to argue about whom we should vote into office. Then it will be an argument about which chads didn't fall properly.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Why does someone choose to do anything ?

Fetishes might be a good place to start. Why do some people find boots incredibly attractive and yet others find them just articles of footware.

Now rather than pry I'm sure everyone here has their own "secrets" so think about the why for a moment.

Chances are that like most people you can trace it back to either something in your childhood or your very early teens.

As someone pointed out there isnt much historical gay bias beyond about 1800 years ago. In Sparta it was the other way around in fact. Hetrosexual relations were banned until you reached a certain age.

Why ? No idea. I know that I couldnt wait to get out of the all male public school as fast as possible(I was a late arrival I'd been to state school prior to that). But some people there enjoyed the "camaraderie" very much in the same way as the Spartans did.

Now would those people have rather been with girls ? I really cant answer that. But I know in a couple of cases that the behaviour lasted beyond the school. Although in other cases it didnt and they settled down with a the regular wife and 2.4 children.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]