Bastila Shan vs Anakin Skywalker

Who would win? Bastila or Anakin?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Bastila or Anakin?

• Bastila could beat that whiny little babywipe Anakin anyday
    • Anakin, losing to Bastila, unthinkable! How dare you think such thoughts!
    • A draw, there is no other answer.
    • Bastila, no Anakin, no Bastila, yes, no. Damn i can't decide.

The Jedi Council has made comments on how unbelievably quickly Anakin has progressed.

His dual wielding of the lightsaber also shows initiative (although Dooku wipes the floor with him....showing now matter how talented a person may be, their strength with the force reigns supreme).

Well in episode 3 Anakin will probably kill either Count Dooku or Mace Windu so i think that shows that he would wipe the floor with Bastila (after all he is the chosen one and therefore he has the strongest connection to the force that anybody ever had by far)

jedimaster.jpg

The only reason Darth Vader is the apprentice in the end is because of his body...

He knows that if the emporer uses force storm on it then he will die because his machinery will break. :ph34r:

He isnt the most powerful Jedi ever... The prohecy dictates that the chosen one will bring balance to the force.

As The Jedi are unchallenged in this time then the council are fools for thinking he wont go over to the DS. The prohecy was that Anakin would fall and bring the Darkside of the Force back into power thus making the LS (Rebellion) and DS (Galactic Empire) be the equilivant of balance. :p

His destiny is to bring balance to that time...not to be invincible or have an ultimate weild of the force <_<

When Bastila was fighting with sith lord (Malak) she didn't loose her hand. When Anakin was fighting with sith lord (Dooku) he was humiliated completely.

These two duels are very similar: Anakin and Bastila (both 19 years old and both padawans) enter the fight after their friend/master is going to die and challenge sith lord (dooku/malak). Bastila acted better in this situation I think

And besides we can't measure their strength. Anakin may be most powerful force user of his time, but who knows what power had jedi 4000 years ago? Maybe they were more powerful. Official site says that force in late republic era jedi diminished. I say that Anakin wouldn't be most powerful in the ancient era. He could be one of the most powerful force-users, howewer.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

The only reason Darth Vader is the apprentice in the end is because of his body...

He knows that if the emporer uses force storm on it then he will die because his machinery will break. :ph34r:

That though never occured to me...but it makes the whole 'chosen one' make more sense, seeing as though he would be more powerful if it weren't for his weakness....though you could argue that he could just block it with his saber, and if he couldn't, then surely yoda could of killed him?

Where was the "This poll is ridiculous!" option? ;)

lol...

I had to vote for Bastilla because watching Anakin in the films...don't you just wish him a gorry, horrifying death?

Much worse than anything Bastila could do...

He should be killed with a dull spoon...not a fast, merciful weapon like a lightsabre...

Bastila with a spoon...

You talk like you've already seen it. Are you masked George Lucas by accident?

Personally I like Anakin from dark horse Republic series, and Hayden well...

worse than Hamill in ANH.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Lets get one thing quite clear.

Despite evrything that has been heard bout Ep3, that simply doesnt mean WHOOSH Anakin is most poweful.

Remeber it isn't always strengh that wins it, certainly not strength alone. It is emotional maturity, and the size of your brain.

Bastila seems to hav the more emotional maturity. At least she doesnt throw a hissy fit about Revan being more powerful than her, not like Anakin in EP2. And I quote.

Anakin "HES HOLDING ME BACK"

Bastila "Your stronger than I am"

Bastila, with her higher emotional maturity, means she can plan her attacks better, and more rationally.

Bastila would turn Anakin into a mangled chicken on the floor.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

That though never occured to me...but it makes the whole 'chosen one' make more sense, seeing as though he would be more powerful if it weren't for his weakness....though you could argue that he could just block it with his saber, and if he couldn't, then surely yoda could of killed him?

I'd bet you couldn't block lightning when GL first came up with it. I hate balancing...

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

When Bastila was fighting with sith lord (Malak) she didn't loose her hand. When Anakin was fighting with sith lord (Dooku) he was humiliated completely.

Malak wasn't anywhere as powerful as Dooku though. Everyone's already pretty much in agreement that Malak was nothing but a wannabe-Sith Lord.

Dooku, on the other hand, was able to battle Yoda to a draw in both Force useage and lightsaber dueling.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

these peoples argument about episode 3 is bs anakin gets beat by the greates jedi ever!!! and dooku had a draw with yoda AFTER beatin 2 strong jedi

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I really don't see how you could say Bastila is as powerful as Anakin. Anakin does bring balance to the force Yoda, Obi Wan= Vader, The Emperor. And remember he manages to seduce Natalie Portman, the greatest test for any Jedi. So he's annoying its casting not the character.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

everyone else said draw which it was with the force but in saber combat yoda was about to kill dooku but dooku was gonna kill anny and obi first

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

"and dooku had a draw with yoda AFTER beatin 2 strong jedi"

If you can call running away after realizing you're no match for the other guy a draw, sure, Yoda and Dooku had one.

did Yoda defeat him? Unarm him? Have him at his mercy? Nope.

Therefore, draw.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yoda was not trying to kill dooku, he was using the defensive lightsaber stance and never made attacks.

Dooku only ran because he sensed more people coming, he couldnt take 15 odd clone troopers and yoda at the same time <_<

He was also talking to Dooku...testing him for weakness, and treating him like he was still his own padawan. There was no strain in the fight for Yoda until the end when he realised he is just a old man :)

This is staying on topic.

The topic is whether Anakin can defeat Bastila or vice versa, so therefore any evidence about their "opponents" has very much to do with the topic. You can't compare their strengths if you don't mention people they've fought and compare those people's strength as well.

First of all force storm and force lightning are extremely different powers, KOTOR force storm is a game mechanic extension of lightning that doesn't exist in starwars, the real force storm is a massive lightning force storm that can scourge the face of a planet and wipe out it's enhabitants, imagine a realy realy big powerful force enhanced huricane of doom that can tear people apart. Most of the powers in KOTOR are game mechanics just like the powers in the JK series, few have an actual equivilent in star wars. Vaders machinery was fried by force lightning in ROTJ. He chose his place among the sith and could not overcome his master and thus he was the aprentice.

As for the actual topic, episode 1 episode 2 anakin would die a horrible fate even without KOTOR game mechanic powers, partialy due to battle meditation which drains the enemy and gives it to allies aswell as confuses the enemy and gives the ally extra clarity. As was said before, an army of just about any living moving thing with enough brains could be emporered to destroy the enemy, not that it alone assures a decise victory but it does help. Bastilla has mastered the dual bladed lightsaber something few could do, and thus could take on anakin easily.

Episode 3 anakin/ darth vader would win easily with his great dueling skills and incredible connection to the force mopping the floor with bastila, and if he can use the ever ominous force storm then he could do it in a matter of seconds