Killing another party companion early on...

Well, in the thread "killing off party characters", it was stated that it'd perhaps be possible for us to kill potiental party members when we encountered them. So an interesting question might be: If you play the game which character would you possibly kill first then? True, we don't know that many of the joinable characters yet, but still... Well, who would you? Doesn't matter if you've planned to play the game as a light or darksider (even through attacking a character the way shown in the E3 demo would likely give you DS points).

Me, I think I'd (and will, since I'll be a Darksider first time I play) kill Krea. I had more than enough of my share of the "Old, wise master"-type Jedi when I played Kotor 1 <_<...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Well, in the thread "killing off party characters", it was stated that it'd perhaps be possible for us to kill potiental party members when we encountered them. So an interesting question might be: If you play the game which character would you possibly kill first then? True, we don't know that many of the joinable characters yet, but still... Well, who would you? Doesn't matter if you've planned to play the game as a light or darksider (even through attacking a character the way shown in the E3 demo would likely give you DS points).

Me, I think I'd (and will, since I'll be a Darksider first time I play) kill Krea. I had more than enough of my share of the "Old, wise master"-type Jedi when I played Kotor 1  <_<...

Wow. That would be stupid since she's supposed to be the 1st JEDI to join your party! :lol: And besides, there would probably be at a disadvantage to kill a party member; For example Juhani in KotOr one. Basicly, there's no point in killing a party member.

[Don't mind me, I just like criticizing people. It makes me feel like I'm slightly perfect. :D :);):blink:

Wow. That would be stupid since she's supposed to be the 1st JEDI to join your party! ;) And besides, there would probably be at a disadvantage to kill a party member; For example Juhani in KotOr one. Basicly, there's no point in killing a party member.

Heh, maybe I'd be put at a disadvantage if I kill her, but you gotta role-play a little here ;p. Through I could possibly imagine myself playing a good boy until more party members had arrived :D. Besides, since there seems like there'll be conficts within your party more easily than in KOTOR 1, killing at least some party members can't be avoided, unfortunately.

But why would you necressiary be put at a disadvantage by killing Juhani? There'll be two other jedi anyway and even if you lose Bastila later on, you're a Jedi yourself and together with Jolee it shouldn't be all too difficult to clear the game. And stuff like bombs and so used by non-force users can more or less make up for the lack of their not being able to use the force... Besides, if you're a DS, slaying Juhani could be better since she'll turn on you in the end anyway.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Atton Rand or whatever his name is... he reminds me too much of carth and I always wanted to kill carth.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Wow. That would be stupid since she's supposed to be the 1st JEDI to join your party! :blink: And besides, there would probably be at a disadvantage to kill a party member; For example Juhani in KotOr one. Basicly, there's no point in killing a party member.

[Don't mind me, I just like criticizing people. It makes me feel like I'm slightly perfect. :D  :):unsure::blink:

Why is killing Juhani a disadvantage? You get two red lightsabers early on in the game and you don't have to bother killing her later on at the temple mount. Plus Canderous, Zaalbar, and HK-47 are much better in a fight than Juhani. Seems to me killing a party member early on is an advantage. Just look at it as cuting dead weight.

Dark Wanderer the answer to your first question is yes. As to your second question whom it would be the answer is the first one to get in my way.

Cheers!

Wow. That would be stupid since she's supposed to be the 1st JEDI to join your party! :blink: And besides, there would probably be at a disadvantage to kill a party member; For example Juhani in KotOr one. Basicly, there's no point in killing a party member.

[Don't mind me, I just like criticizing people. It makes me feel like I'm slightly perfect. :D

Atton Rand or whatever his name is... he reminds me too much of carth and I always wanted to kill carth.

In KotOR, be a female PC and do the Carth romance, then at the temple go darkside. If you do that, after you kill Malak, you get to kill Carth.

Notice I said for example. Not buying HK-47 is definately a disadvantage. [i trust that your having as much fun criticizing me as I do to other people] :angry: :lol:

I don't look at it as criticizing you at all. I find no joy in such nonproductive activities. I was simply conveying the flip side of the coin as to why some might find a character like Juhani useless and worth getting out of the way early on. You're intitled to your opinion just like anyone else in these forums.

Cheers!

In KotOR, be a female PC and do the Carth romance, then at the temple go darkside. If you do that, after you kill Malak, you get to kill Carth.

You don't have to have a female pc to kill Carth. You can just join the dark side at the temple, if I am not mistaken [which I probably am] <_<

I didn't know you could kill carth after you killed Malak! I always got the movie and then the end credits.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Notice I said for example. Not buying HK-47 is definately a disadvantage. [i trust that your having as much fun criticizing me as I do to other people] :angry: :p

I don't look at it as criticizing you at all. I find no joy in such nonproductive activities. I was simply conveying the flip side of the coin as to why some might find a character like Juhani useless and worth getting out of the way early on. You're intitled to your opinion just like anyone else in these forums.

Cheers!

How very polite of you DSM. :lol: <_<

You don't have to have a female pc to kill Carth. You can just join the dark side at the temple, if I am not mistaken [which I probably am] <_<

You must be a Female PC and you must have taken part in the Carth romance. Which sucks! I could barely get through it but in the end killing him on the Star Forge was well worth it.

Cheers!

One thing that made carrying around a 9-people team around somewhat tedious in Kotor was that some characters were really *needed* for only a very short period, and then, it didn't matter at all for the flow of the game if you had them with you or not: Because the central adventure of Kotor was absolutely linear, and any side quest -which is where the unique characters of party members would enter- was a nice little diversion and nothing more. Carth is 'useful' only as one descends into the lower city in Taris; Mission, Zaalbar and Jolee open gates. You could do away with Juhani right in the beginning. The game could be beaten very well with only the droids, Bastila and Canderous; and these were the only ones I kept in my team.

What I'm getting at, is that with Kotor II we may expect side quests to really mean something for the main quest; again there have been hints as to the possibility of this. That, combined with the new features of 'turning' members, falling into disagreement with them, having Side-spesific team members etc. really make me hopeful as regards better interaction with party members *who are actually 'needed' throughout the game and not while passing a gate*. 'Interaction', of course, has to include early-slaying of people who no longer mean anything for the quest. (and Light Siders could actually benefit from the same thing, by 'firing' their darker members, or eliminating them lest they present an obstacle before the salvation of the galaxy!)

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

From what i have heard so far there will lots more party members but depending on how you play the game (light or dark) some will like you and join you but others will not! Atleast thats my understanding.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

What I'm getting at, is that with Kotor II we may expect side quests to really mean something for the main quest; again there have been hints as to the possibility of this. That, combined with the new features of 'turning' members, falling into disagreement with them, having Side-spesific team members etc. really make me hopeful as regards better interaction with party members *who are actually 'needed' throughout the game and not while passing a gate*. 'Interaction', of course, has to include early-slaying of people who no longer mean anything for the quest. (and Light Siders could actually benefit from the same thing, by 'firing' their darker members, or eliminating them lest they present an obstacle before the salvation of the galaxy!)

... and this is probably the best thing about KOTOR 2 that there is IMHO :unsure:. Those thigns you mentioned would really add to the realism of the game, as will other things we've heard about... for example, unlike in KOTOR 1, if you make a "bad" choice, it doesn't necressiary mean that your party members will blindly follow you :). That was an annoying thing in KOTOR 1 if I think about it; you could do all sorts of evil stuff with Bastila, Juhani and other light side-characters present and they wouldn't lift a finger to try and stop it... What kind of "servants of light" does that make them? ;p.

Yes. I should be able to kick out party members and kill them anytime I want. Another area where KOTOR1 seemed to be simplified from the BG model. If you kick them out, they can always stay where they are or go back to their homeworld (or tavern) where you can pick them up later.

From what i have heard so far there will lots more party members but depending on how you play the game (light or dark) some will like you and join you but others will not! Atleast thats my understanding.

Yeah, apparently some people will appear or not depending on a variety of things; whenever your chara is light/dark, man/woman, etc...

Yeah, apparently some people will appear or not depending on a variety of things; whenever your chara is light/dark, man/woman, etc...

IMO this wil greatly add to the replay value!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

If I'm remembering correctly, either by a Dev. on this forum, or in an interview, it was confirmed that "____ seems troubled maybe you should talk to him" screen won't be there. I'm taking this as a hint that member interaction will proceed along different and hopefully more advanced mechanics in TSL.

and why not have a spy, as party member? -I mean one that is spying on *us*.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I like the idea that you can currupt your party members!!! :angry: