Note to Developers: DON'T FREAKING KILL REVAN!

First post, so here gos.

I doubt they will kill Revan, it would make everything you did in Knights of The Old Republic seem of no use. All they have to do in, my eyes, give him his old outfit(you know, the one with the mask) and basing it off the answers to the questions in the beggining of the game make him male or female and LS or DS. Killing Revan would just be cheap. Who knows, maybe he won't even be in the game.

There are too many variables with Revan, and he was our PC. How can someone else now write that character in sequels?

Revan is going to die.

Or remain at a safe distance. If we see Revan, in full costume (including some kind of mask for the Star Forge robes), but never speak to him/her while still understanding that he/she is still out there somewhere, I'll be satisfied.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

We will find out what happened to Revan in the Sith Lords. But maybe we won't even see him. His story and some major story points in TSL will vary acording to what you answered in the beggining of the game.

Maybe we'll see him maybe we won't . Since the story is about a Mandalorian Wars veteran and probably of of the last jedi , I'm relly hopping to get to kknow about all the new caracters.

I know that What happened to revan is important to set the background , yet it is not the most important issue in the Game.

Allthough TSL will be very inspired in the 1st Kotor , it is not a sequel. It's not like the movies where they are all connected.

It is another story set during The Old republic. Even though the war against Malak was important to the old republic it wasn't as important as for example the Mandalorian wars and the war against Exar Kun.

In the 1st Game the jedi Coucil doesn't even get involved, if it really was that great a war they would interveene as they allways do in all the serious matters.

Like i said the story of Revan is only important to set the backgroung, but not that important to the overall game.

I really like Revan as a Character, i hpoe no one thinks i don't care squat about him. I'm just trying to be raccional about this.

:unsure:

Right now i'm not interested in knowing if Revan , Bastilla or any of the others from Kotor1 are in the game , right now i want to know about the new characters , the planets an what new features as obsidion put in the game.

If the story even mentions Revan i don't want to know... i want to find out as i play the game...

I think Bioware could have made this issue a lot easier for Obsidian if they included an epilogue in the first game.

That way most people (myself included) wouldn't want closure on what happened to the party members we had throughout the previous game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

(even if I wouldn't know why a LS Revan would use a mask :huh:).

If I were a man walking around in that girly-white Star Forge Robe, I'd wear a mask from shame.

Agreed.

And I honestly think that they won't kill Revan, but that he/she will only be referenced by other returning NPCs, such as Bastila and/or HK.

I think we'll hear of him/her, but we won't see him/her. Logistically it's too tough. For all the reasons mentioned by other folks above.

LS Revan could be wearing a hood so you can't really make out his face much like old Ben on Tatooine. Personally I can see how a LS Revan got all hippie like Ulic Qel Droma and took off for the outer rim to find himself and come to grips with what he had done while he was the Dark Lord. A DS Revan on the other hand better be searching for some ancient ultimate Sith weapon or some Dark power that will increase his own considerably because I really can't see how a DS Revan would up and leave his infinite fleet when the galaxy was defenseless and ripe for the taking. Unless of course Bastila was assasinated by the Republic and the Star Forge destroyed.

Cheers!

That means if Revan is DS he is either opponent or you are in a race with him maybe.

I actually think it would have been awesome if there was a storyline outcome where Revan died heroically. Something like that can be really good plot-wise, but is almost never done.

Why would DS Revan search for an ultimate weapon though.... Assuming DS ending of the first game, the Starforge is still functioning.

I wonder how they will explain the Starforge....

DSers always want more power. If he sent an underling he couldn't be sure they wouldn't take it for themselves to kill him. DSers are also kinda paranoid and like to betray like that.

(even if I wouldn't know why a LS Revan would use a mask :blink:).

If I were a man walking around in that girly-white Star Forge Robe, I'd wear a mask from shame.

Agreed.

And I honestly think that they won't kill Revan, but that he/she will only be referenced by other returning NPCs, such as Bastila and/or HK.

I think we'll hear of him/her, but we won't see him/her. Logistically it's too tough. For all the reasons mentioned by other folks above.

...I really can't see how a DS Revan would up and leave his infinite fleet when the galaxy was defenseless and ripe for the taking.

My point exactly. This is precisely why I think we won't see Revan again. As Ender said there's way too many variables. For a DS Revan you made the point perfectly. Why the hell would he/she leave after he/she avenged him/herself against Malak, reclaimed the title of Dark Lord, and had a massive fleet at his/her disposal, with the Republic and the Jedi Order in ruins. The only possible explanation would be something happened to Bastila. But even that's kind of stretching it because this school of thinking assumes you played the first game as a male Revan and you had a romance with Bastila.

I once played the game as a female DS that couldn't care less for Bastila. I chose to marginalize her. Now, though I may be in the minority with this, it was still an option (and a major one at that) offered in the first game.

There is way too much emphasis put on the romance angle with Bastila IMO, and also Revan being a male. Though Revan, regardless of gender, had a strong bond with Bastila, he/she had achieved greatness well before he/she ever met Bastila. I just really think that a DS Revan probably fought and perhaps was defeated by one of the Sith Lords that we'll be facing in this game. Thus, creating a new Dark Lord which gives validity to just how powerful the new boss(es) is or are.

Now, a LS Revan is more complex. I think he/she would have probably gone off into seclusion but that just doesn't seem like something Revan would do. It's just not in Revan's character to take the Ulic route. I mean, this is Revan we're talking about here. A more plausible explanation would be a LS Revan went off on another quest in search of something that was threatening and destroying the Jedi Order. He/she was the only Jedi that could do it. Bastila would've gone with him/her and the other NPCs went their own ways, with maybe a few of them accompanying Revan on this new quest onboard the Ebon Hawk.

The expedition was never heard from again. The Jedi were destroyed and finding out what happened to Revan's expedition and how it failed is a major plot point in SL. This will be relayed to your PC in the opening questions.

The same basic concept could be said for a DS Revan as well with some minor changes.

Now, this is totally cliche and generic but it seems to be the most plausible explanation. It's a way to give the nod to the original characters and tie in to the original without overshadowing the new characters and the new storyline. This is after all a sequel, and most gamers like continuity. See Morrowind.

However, these are former Black Isle folks we're dealing with here. The sky's the limit.