Xbox vs. PC

For someone who owns both platforms, which should be purchased?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. For someone who owns both platforms, which should be purchased?

• Xbox
    • PC

The xbox is trash. You're on the internet, that means you have a PC. Assuming you aren't using some old terminal or say an apple IIe, your computer is more powerful than an xbox and your monitor is better than any tv. Think about it...

Ohhhhhhhhh ignorance, how cute.

iceman1731.jpg

Damn, why do people argue about this junk? It's all got to do about personal preferences. If I like playing my Xbox, and I got a hyper computer, I could give a **** less about graphics, it's about what you enjoy. So the real question is where do you want to play?

Evolutionary Development

Damn, why do people argue about this junk? It's all got to do about personal preferences. If I like playing my Xbox, and I got a hyper computer, I could give a **** less about graphics, it's about what you enjoy. So the real question is where do you want to play?

It's fun to argue ;)

I don't know about you but if I saw two TV's playing the same game on each yet one looks better visually, I'd go with that one. Visuals make the games come alive.

The xbox is trash. You're on the internet, that means you have a PC. Assuming you aren't using some old terminal or say an apple IIe, your computer is more powerful than an xbox and your monitor is better than any tv. Think about it...

Ok, genius, tell how the xbox is supposedly superior to a PC?

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

It's fun to argue :lol:

I don't know about you but if I saw two TV's playing the same game on each yet one looks better visually, I'd go with that one. Visuals make the games come alive.

I'm talking about the systems them selfs. Not about television, I mean a little round shaped tv isn't going to play as good 50 inch HDTV, with 5.1 surround sound.

Evolutionary Development

Let's see....Big screen T.V., surround sound, won't waist space on my PC's hard drive...the list just goes on.

iceman1731.jpg

Let's see....Big screen T.V., surround sound, won't waist space on my PC's hard drive...the list just goes on.

Surround sound? Check.

Big blurry screen? Check.

Maxed out 5gig harddrive? Check.

The resolution on a monitor beats any tv. Still too small even though you're sitting two feet from it? then maybe it's time to upgrade from that 14 inch.

You can have surround sound on your pc for a ridicilously low price.

Storage is a cheap as it's ever been, go buy a new harddrive. And anyway I wouldn't call having a game on your harddrive wasting space, I'd call it using your harddrive.

Never mind the inevitable mods. Forget about actually being able to patch the game. Forget about scratched disks from your shoddy, gym shoe looking, stripped down computer...

No wait! Do mind and do remember all those points I just mentioned...

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Surround sound? Check.

Big blurry screen? Check.

Maxed out 5gig harddrive? Check.

The resolution on a monitor beats any tv. Still too small even though you're sitting two feet from it? then maybe it's time to upgrade from that 14 inch.

You can have surround sound on your pc for a ridicilously low price.

Storage is a cheap as it's ever been, go buy a new harddrive. And anyway I wouldn't call having a game on your harddrive wasting space, I'd call it using your harddrive.

Never mind the inevitable mods. Forget about actually being able to patch the game. Forget about scratched disks from your shoddy, gym shoe looking, stripped down computer...

No wait! Do mind and do remember all those points I just mentioned...

I still think a 60" HDTV is so much fun to play vids on.

Plus the fact that my TV's sound system is home theatre.

Good point though. I just have no need for that other stuff besides protecting my CD's which I have no problem with. Plus I can have a group of friends over that I know and socialize with almost everyday to play the same games. Online is fun and all but playing with people right beside you in uncomparable.

And here we go again with the classic "PC vs. XBox" battles.

The PC version of a game will always have better graphics and the advantage of being able to use mods,patches,etc.,but consoles are more stable in my opinion.

I would get both.

And even if you can't stand the WASD control on the keyboard, go out and buy an Xbox controller to USB adapter for your PC so you can play the PC version with an Xbox controller.

Why do that? There are plenty of quality game pads for the pc that are completely customizable. If you just have to have a controller, that is.

i personally prefer xbox as who would wanna be hunched up at your desk playing with a keyboard and mouse (if that what you do) or would you prefer lying down on a comfy sofa with a nice controller watchin the game on a big screen :D

The notion of everyone's pc must be on some sort of big, uncomfortable desk is almost as wrong as the assumption that everyone with an Xbox has it hooked up to a 42" plasma or HDTV with full THX theater sound.

I've got a nice comfotable chair and a quite easy to move 19" crt that fits nicely on a small, tall table. I use a trckball, so I don't need a mouse pad or solid surface, and the keyboard lays naturally on my lap. (I still have a desk, but when I'm playing for a while, I like to get comfortable) Plus, I think a keyboard and mouse gives you better control and more control options than a game pad. I've played many of the consoles, starting with Pong in 1974-ish and I can say from my own experience that the keyboard and mouse (trackball in my case) are better for gaming. But, that is IMO, and your mileage may differ...

And as a side note, did you hear about the kid who sat cross-legged on the floor playing his console (I don't remember which one the article mentioned) who had to have reconstructive surgery on the major nerves in his legs? He sat there for like 13 hours and didn't realize that he had cut off circulation and essentially killed his legs. See...so desks can be a goooood thing....

I played KotOR on my PC and cranked everything up to max with the resolution set at 1024x768.. I think it looked way better than the Xbox version. My Radeon 9800 Pro allowed me to use 16x antialiasing (if my memory isn't fooling me) and it really works wonders with the graphics. Unfortunately KotOR didn't have mouselook (which took away some of the advantages of the PC), but I'm sure KotOR2 will fix that problem.

The Xbox is unfortunately just a cheap, ugly-looking computer with less control options. Pentium III 733MHz and Geforce 3 just isn't good enough nowadays, in my opinion.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well the xbox is ment for playing games, cds and such. So it doesn't have to cost a grand for a tricked out PC. A PC is for the internet, gaming, dvds, music designing programming and ****. An xbox, ps2 whatever are mostly for games and dvds and in xbox's case burning songs onto the harddrive. So there barely on the same field. Any who it's only my opinion.

Evolutionary Development